Scariest movie scenes?

hobo73

What movie scenes scared the beejeezus out of you, whether as a kid or even recently?

btw, YAY 700 POSTS!!! haha. :clap: just noticed lol.

There are a few that really pop into my mind.

THE SHINING-

when Jack Nicholson finds a beautiful woman in the bathroom and starts kissing her. He looks into the mirror and she has turned into a ragged, nasty, naked old wrinkly woman and she stumbles after him after she pulls away. DEAR GOD.

I saw that as a little kid and until literally last year, could never shower with the curtain closed. I'd lay towels on the floor and accept the slight flooding LOL. All because of THAT scene.

FIRE IN THE SKY-

To this day I refuse to watch the movie again. The experiment scene......I had nightmares for months after seeing it as a kid. My mom thought it was hilarious to terrify her children with horror movies, obviously.

JAWS-

When the dead man's face pops out of the boat underwater!!!!! I jumped clear across the living room when I first saw it. Even my dad was crying with laughter lol.

Anything with the original Childs Play movies. Original Chucky was TERRIFYING. im sure ill add more ;)

"Happy Birthday to Me" - there's a scene where a guy is lifting weights. The film's killer removes the bar so the guy is stuck holding the weight above his body. The killer takes one of the weights and drops it on the guy's penis. A guy's worst nightmare!

"Carrie" - the ending scene when Carrie's hand comes out of the ground.

"Friday the 13th" - At the end of part 1, Jason comes out of the water (a la Carrie) and drags the woman in a boat into the water.

"Halloween" - Laurie is sitting down in a doorway after presumably killing Michael Myers. However, you can see Michael sit up in the background, obviously OK, turns his head and advances towards Laurie who is not aware that he is coming towards her.

"Dark Night of the Scarecrow" - A guy goes into a barn to investigate who's in there. He can't find anybody but while he walking along the edge of a upper level area, a large wood grinder is turned on, the guy stumbles and grabs hold of a hanging light dangling above the grinder and eventually falls to his death in the grinder.

"Jaws 3" - when the shark is advancing towards the large window of the control room and people in the room are watching the shark approach and they can't go anywhere. The shark crashes through the glass.

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/56/5661/ATDUG00Z/posters/the-giant-spider-invasion.jpg
  • Like 1

"Happy Birthday to Me" - there's a scene where a guy is lifting weights. The film's killer removes the bar so the guy is stuck holding the weight above his body. The killer takes one of the weights and drops it on the guy's penis. A guy's worst nightmare!

"Friday the 13th" - At the end of part 1, Jason comes out of the water (a la Carrie) and drags the woman in a boat into the water.

"Halloween" - Laurie is sitting down in a doorway after presumably killing Michael Myers. However, you can see Michael sit up in the background, obviously OK, turns his head and advances towards Laurie who is not aware that he is coming towards her.

"Dark Night of the Scarecrow" - A guy goes into a barn to investigate who's in there. He can't find anybody but while he walking along the edge of a upper level area, a large wood grinder is turned on, the guy stumbles and grabs hold of a hanging light dangling above the grinder and eventually falls to his death in the grinder.

"Jaws 3" - when the shark is advancing towards the large window of the control room and people in the room are watching the shark approach and they can't go anywhere. The shark crashes through the glass.

That Carrie scene made my grandma wet her pants when she first saw it (she told me this herself lmao)!

OH MAN I remember that Jaws 3 scene! So cheesy, but still terrified me because the ocean/sea creatures/being surrounded by water are things that horrify me lol. (Whales are my biggest phobia, however!)

ok the meat grinder scene sounds badass hahaha. ;)

The original Halloween is my all time favourite horror film. LOVE it. So creepy and disturbing. That scene....UGH! And then the piano starts going....creepy!!!

OK I will add one from Carrie :P

When she is walking home from the prom all bloody, and they show her stutter-walking all awkwardly and stiff. omg. I did not like her gait.

also, many scenes from Japanese horror films. Forget The Ring- I want Ringu and Ju-On! lol

those movies always terrify me!

That Carrie scene made my grandma wet her pants when she first saw it (she told me this herself lmao)!

OH MAN I remember that Jaws 3 scene! So cheesy, but still terrified me because the ocean/sea creatures/being surrounded by water are things that horrify me lol. (Whales are my biggest phobia, however!)

ok the meat grinder scene sounds badass hahaha. ;)

The original Halloween is my all time favourite horror film. LOVE it. So creepy and disturbing. That scene....UGH! And then the piano starts going....creepy!!!

Yeah, "Dark Night of the Scarecrow" was a made for TV movie. There was no obvious gore in the movie, including that scene. You just hear him fall into it, hear the gears stall a bit, then the very next thing you see is spoonful of strawberry jam fall onto a plate, lol. It's supposed to be one of the most memorable scenes from that film.

Regarding Halloween, you just wanted to slap Jamie Lee for continuously dropping the knife! Probably another good scene is when she walks into the bedroom and sees her friend Annie on the bed with the grave stone behind her that reads "Judith Myers" and realizes what's happening, then seeing her friends fall out of the closet.

For me it was the final scene in The Blair Witch Project. When Heather gets into the basement of that creepy house, with the bloody handprints all over it, and sees Mike standing facing the corner, like the "Witch's" childhood victims were made to do, just before she gets knocked down by something unseen, I almost soiled myself. I'm not proud.

Also the scene in the rereleased Exorcist when Regan goes down the stairs in the reverse crab walk.

• Like 2

For me it was the final scene in The Blair Witch Project. When Heather gets into the basement of that creepy house, with the bloody handprints all over it, and sees Mike standing facing the corner, like the "Witch's" childhood victims were made to do, just before she gets knocked down by something unseen, I almost soiled myself. I'm not proud.

Also the scene in the rereleased Exorcist when Regan goes down the stairs in the reverse crab walk.

yep. I have that on DVD. I think that scene is hilarious. Ellen Burstyn (the mother) is already on edge after her visit with the doctor, the being told about Burke Denning's death at the bottom of the steps, only to have that happen on top of it. At one point I thought the mother was going to pee in her pants. She looked like she was trying to "hold it".

yep. I have that on DVD. I think that scene is hilarious. Ellen Burstyn (the mother) is already on edge after her visit with the doctor, the being told about Burke Denning's death at the bottom of the steps, only to have that happen on top of it. At one point I thought the mother was going to pee in her pants. She looked like she was trying to "hold it".

Hell, I would pee my pants if my daughter did that crap!!!

Love you honey, but I am NOT staying here with you. Nope. Once you crab walk down my stairs and puke up blood, I am so gone.

one time as a kid, my mom put the Exorcist on because dad was at work lol.

It was a huge thunderstorm outside, and a kid rode his bike face first into a truck outside and was bleeding pretty bad. My mom ran out with ice and left the movie playing on the scariest part!! I was too terrified to turn it off, my mom found me with my face inches from the TV screen with my fingers in my ears, too scared to move LOL

To this day I will cover both of my ears when I'm scared watching a movie, yet will still watch hahaha.

I will never watch the color version of this movie, color just ruins it.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/dvdreviews17/a%20William%20Castle%20House%20on%20Haunted%20Hill%20(1959)%20Vincent%20Price%20DVD%20Review/a%20William%20Castle%20House%20on%20Haunted%20Hill%20(1959)%20Vincent%20Price%20DVD%20Review%20PDVD_009.jpg

I have to agree with those saying The Exorcist. The part that freaks me out is when she's talking in the other languages to the priest, and when he's listening to the recording of her. FREAKY.

The sister from Pet Cemetery. YIKES.

I haven't seen Puppetmaster since I was little, but I refuse to even attempt it. That little cowboy guy who laughed all weird still haunts me to this day.

The sister from Pet Cemetery. YIKES.

wasn't her name Zelda? Yeah, she can go away. lol.

The last part of Wait Until Dark, in which Audrey Hepburn is a blind woman and Alan Arkin is coming for the doll.

When he jumped out at her, I about shit my pants..... :o :o :LOL:

• Like 2