Working out

I'll finally be able to hit the gym again this week after 5 weeks of sciatica nerve issues. Horrible pain that prevented me from even walking the dog around the block. Sucked.
  • Like 1

I'll finally be able to hit the gym again this week after 5 weeks of sciatica nerve issues. Horrible pain that prevented me from even walking the dog around the block. Sucked.

Been there and it blows for sure. Best of luck getting back in the swing of things... :)

I have decided to maintain my current weight for a while... I'm only 5lb away from my goal anyway... I feel like I could do with the break as I've been at it for about 10 months now.

I'm still gonna calorie count and workout, just give myself a bit of a break from losing.

• Like 2

UPDATE:

I have to confess, I'm getting real tired of this calorie counting stuff...

I'm also exhausted... maybe I'm working at it too hard??

UPDATE:

I have to confess, I'm getting real tired of this calorie counting stuff...

I'm also exhausted... maybe I'm working at it too hard??

Maybe you should have a few days off & just eat & drink what you like & then come back to your regime refreshed. It's worked for me in the past when I've done that.

Update: I am gaining weight from the f**king medications I am taking :rage: and there appears to be nothing I can do to stop it. I had gotten down to a trim and slim 177 lbs for me at one point and now am around 195 lbs. I don't think I look awful but it is a constant fight for it not to bum me out some. I am still working out at least 5 times a week and now it is the season to get out and work in the yard (mowing etc.) which is exercise in and of itself. I really need to chill and not let the extra weight get me down... :(
  • Like 1

Update: I am gaining weight from the f**king medications I am taking :rage: and there appears to be nothing I can do to stop it. I had gotten down to a trim and slim 177 lbs for me at one point and now am around 195 lbs. I don't think I look awful but it is a constant fight for it not to bum me out some. I am still working out at least 5 times a week and now it is the season to get out and work in the yard (mowing etc.) which is exercise in and of itself. I really need to chill and not let the extra weight get me down... :(

Just more of you to love, big fella! :LOL: :cheers:

• Like 2

I still plan to work out, but I want to do so for the fun of it rather than worrying about how many I burn....

As for going back to the food after a few days I plan to give it a couple of weeks and see how I go.

I have learned SO MUCH these past few months about food and the body and exercise.... plus I have an idea what I am putting in my body...

All I know for certain right now is I don't wanna count another day....

• Like 2

Yeah, I can't speak as far as the medications part is concerned, but I totally get the need to chill... :hug2:

• Like 1

Yeah, I can't speak as far as the medications part is concerned, but I totally get the need to chill... :hug2:

This is something I very much struggle with. I feel incredibly guilty if I eat too much or indulge in dessert.

Janie, I can relate.

Back when I tried losing weight, years ago, I underate, then had a huge meal, then cried, then underate.

I know now that this was the wrong way to do things. I wish I knew what I do now.

With the method I've used this time - called myfitnesspal - , you weigh your food and log your meals and exercise and the website calculates your intake. It worked. Far better than I thought, and reading through their forum taught me a great deal about calorie burns, fluid and salt intake, balancing carbs and proteins and fats.

As a result I was able to eat far more treats than last time and didn't feel deprived or guilty.

Recently, though it became a bit obsessive: "Oh no, I'm 50 cals over my goal" or wondering how much the cheese in a sandwich I had at the local cafe weighed....

It was a bit weird these past few days, not knowing how "well" or "badly" I was doing, but very liberating too!

• Like 1

http://www.theonion.com/americanvoices/exercise-might-help-treat-alzheimers-50925

Man on the street reaction to finding that regular exercise can stave off Alzheimer's...

Researchers announced this week that not only can regular aerobic exercise help protect the brain against Alzheimer’s, it can also positively impact those already diagnosed with the disease, due to increased blood flow to the brain’s memory and processing centers. What do you think?

“There must be some other way.”

Tripp Jennings

Cod Shipper

“Sounds like the pros of physical activity are almost starting to outweigh the cons.”

Dylan Hanson

Unemployed

“It’s true. No one ever forgets to tell you they just exercised.”

Vicky Sullivan

Media Collector