Working out

I can officially say now that I have lost 28 POUNDS!! or 2 STONE! :cheerleader:

Glad you put the "pounds" up there too. You know how easily I get confused with the whole stones thing :LOL: . 28 pounds is incredible and you should be so proud of yourself. Way to go girl!! :cheers: Keep fighting the good fight
  • Like 1

That's amazing! You have so much to be proud of.

• Like 1

Glad you put the "pounds" up there too. You know how easily I get confused with the whole stones thing :LOL: . 28 pounds is incredible and you should be so proud of yourself. Way to go girl!! :cheers: Keep fighting the good fight

Thank you, Mara and Narpsberg! :cheers:

• Like 1

Thank you, Mara and Narpsberg! :cheers:

You are most welcome. I know how good it feels and how exciting it feels to enjoy what you see in the mirror and slip on some clothes you never thought possible. If you have already made this your "lifestyle" then this will always be you. The best you possible... :codger:

I started "running" again on the treadmill a couple of weeks ago. Because of the artificial hip, I'm being very careful and working on getting my form back, and I'll avoid asphalt and concrete and stick to the trails. I'm dying to be able to get outside and do something once the weather improves. And no, I cannot walk without wanting to run.

I'll never get back to the distances I ran before getting the hip replaced. But if I can just get back to where I can run a few miles 3-4x/week out on the mountain trails in addition to the gym workouts, I'll be a happy camper. Maybe a 10K here and there just for fun.

So far, so good. Hip isn't giving me any trouble at all and I'm starting to get a good steady reaching stride in. Went 4.75 miles today. But MAN, I am slow!

• Like 1

I started "running" again on the treadmill a couple of weeks ago... So far, so good. Hip isn't giving me any trouble at all and I'm starting to get a good steady reaching stride in. Went 4.75 miles today.

Good for you. :)

I'll never get back to the distances I ran before getting the hip replaced. But if I can just get back to where I can run a few miles 3-4x/week out on the mountain trails in addition to the gym workouts, I'll be a happy camper. Maybe a 10K here and there just for fun.

Considering how much weight training you're doing these days, wouldn't running really long distances be counterproductive anyway? Perhaps what you're able to do now is all the cardio you need in order to benefit from it while continuing to make gains with the weights.

I started "running" again on the treadmill a couple of weeks ago... So far, so good. Hip isn't giving me any trouble at all and I'm starting to get a good steady reaching stride in. Went 4.75 miles today.

Good for you. :)

Considering how much weight training you're doing these days, wouldn't running really long distances be counterproductive anyway? Perhaps what you're able to do now is all the cardio you need in order to benefit from it while continuing to make gains with the weights.

Good point. I don't want to burn off my gains in the weight room! I'm just getting the itch to do something outdoors.

I started "running" again on the treadmill a couple of weeks ago. Because of the artificial hip, I'm being very careful and working on getting my form back, and I'll avoid asphalt and concrete and stick to the trails. I'm dying to be able to get outside and do something once the weather improves. And no, I cannot walk without wanting to run.

So far, so good. Hip isn't giving me any trouble at all and I'm starting to get a good steady reaching stride in. Went 4.75 miles today. But MAN, I am slow!

Hope the running is still going on and going well for you... :)

I sweat therefore I am! :D

I'm amazed at how much I sweat sometimes. Having said that, the more I sweat, the more I feel like I've truly exercised.

I certainly felt that way earlier! :)

What's going on in here? Is no one working out anymore? I've been hoisting dumbbells like a dumbbell-hoisting champ, and I plan to take the title of Strongest Person in This Thread away from Mara very soon! :madra:

(Or settle for Second-Strongest Person in This Thread.)

Hey! I've been working out too!! :madra:

I'm now down to a healthy BMR for my age/height/gender!

AND I am now doing pressups on the floor, which perversly, I actually enjoy even though I still find them really tough!

Weightwise I am now down to those dreaded last 5 pounds!

AND I am now a UK size 12 from a 16!

Edited by LyndseyG
  • Like 3

:LOL:

I don't think I'll ever be the warrior like you and Mara!

I am seeing definition in my body too. Small bulges where, it turns out, muscles exist!

• Like 4

I so need to get more disciplined.

By that I mean I need to put together a cohesive plan, and it would probably be a good idea to start logging my workouts! (I have never done that - I generally know what I'm capable of doing at any given time, but still).

Right now I just go in and bang out 30-40 sets of 8-12 reps on whatever body part is on schedule for the day. I know - that's a lot of sets, but I know from experience that it's what works for me. I am so disorganized right now that I don't even plan out which movements I'm going to do; I have a vague plan, and know where I am starting, but that is usually it.

So, I need a plan and I need to stick to it. I was really good last year about this, especially during my 3-month heavy weight/low rep strength cycle. And that built muscle like crazy even though it was designed primarily to increase strength and not mass so much, so I may need to revisit some variation of that.

• Like 1

Right now I just go in and bang out 30-40 sets of 8-12 reps on whatever body part is on schedule for the day. I know - that's a lot of sets,

That's a lot of sets. :o

Not to say that you shouldn't do them. I'm just noting that you're way more powerful than I am to be able to do so many. :LOL:

Good luck with getting the plan together. And I'm glad to see you posting in this thread again. For a while, it seemed like Lyndsey and I were the only powerhouses left around here!

I have gained around 20 lbs over the past 6 months or so and I am praying its muscle. I am on alot of medications that can put weight on a person. Not sure what is going on but I am still fighting the good fight in the gym almost daily. I don't know. I feel like I look ok but it can still be depressing to go from 178 to 195 with no change in eating habits and working just as hard in the gym... :huh: :wtf: Edited by Narps

I have gained around 20 lbs over the past 6 months or so and I am praying its muscle. I am on alot of medications that can put weight on a person. Not sure what is going on but I am still fighting the good fight in the gym almost daily... :huh:

Have you gained inches? Are you still in the same clothes or did you change to wear bigger? I can go up a few pounds and inches and it's often water.. Medication can definitely impact weight. keep up the fight, bro. BTW, I like the change to Narps..

I have gained around 20 lbs over the past 6 months or so and I am praying its muscle. I am on alot of medications that can put weight on a person. Not sure what is going on but I am still fighting the good fight in the gym almost daily... :huh:

Have you gained inches? Are you still in the same clothes or did you change to wear bigger? I can go up a few pounds and inches and it's often water.. Medication can definitely impact weight. keep up the fight, bro. BTW, I like the change to Narps..

Thanks dear. I don't know. I feel like I look pretty good so I am trying not to dwell on the details if I can help it to be honest. Don't need the grief and worry...

Thanks dear. I don't know. I feel like I look pretty good so I am trying not to dwell on the details if I can help it to be honest. Don't need the grief and worry...

You posted a recent picture of you in a garden and you looked good to me!

• Like 1

You posted a recent picture of you in a garden and you looked good to me!

Wow. I really needed that more than you know. Much appreciated my friend... :rose: :)
  • Like 1

I'm 12 pounds heavier than I was this time last year. But I am trimmer. So that could well be your situation as well. If all of your clothes still fit, that's a good sign.

I'm 12 pounds heavier than I was this time last year. But I am trimmer. So that could well be your situation as well. If all of your clothes still fit, that's a good sign.

As far as the clothes thing goes I am in a state of mind lately that I really don't want to know and don't care. I wear sweats and t-shirts most of the time cus I have nowhere near formal to go and they are comfortable. They seem to fit fine. The recent pic of me in "Post Pictures Of You" is pretty much what I look like daily. I am happy with it so I am just gonna go with it and forget the numbers and details for a while. I don't need anything to potentially bum me out at this time. Appreciate your interest and post my friend... :)