Working out

My wife hits the gym every day and she loves to do hot yoga.

When is too much too much????

My wife's gym is attached to a hotel. She probably goes to the Jim everyday. LOL

Sorry bad humor.

Maybe I should hire a detective.

Yoga is one thing I will never be caught doing. Yeah, I could probably benefit from the stretching, but I'm remarkably flexible even without, and yoga makes me laugh. I'd be kicked out of class!

• Like 1

I've started pushing myself more on the step, been working harder for the past couple of weeks....
  • Like 2

I've started pushing myself more on the step, been working harder for the past couple of weeks....

Is it a stair stepper or one of those things that looks like an escalator (aka a Stepmill)? We've got a Stepmill at my gym and that damn thing will kick your ass.

One. More. Week on this strength cycle. It has been 11 long weeks, but worth it. Now I've got to think ahead and plan out the next phase; looking to see how much muscle I can pack onto a 40+ body. Interestingly, I've gained a fair amount just concentrating on strength. It's been fun but damn, it's also gotten REALLY boring. I am ready for a big change-up.

Edited by Mara

Is it a stair stepper or one of those things that looks like an escalator (aka a Stepmill)? We've got a Stepmill at my gym and that damn thing will kick your ass.

One. More. Week on this strength cycle. It has been 11 long weeks, but worth it. Now I've got to think ahead and plan out the next phase; looking to see how much muscle I can pack onto a 40+ body. Interestingly, I've gained a fair amount just concentrating on strength. It's been fun but damn, it's also gotten REALLY boring. I am ready for a big change-up.

This year I am going to take my workouts to the beach at least a couple days a week. My lady friend wants to change the scenery and I do to. It was the plan last year but health did not permit. This year when the weather warms and with a partner it should be awesome. The gym is getting boring...

Nah! Just a plastic box really!

I did have a mechanical one years ago. I gave it to charity when we moved house onto the boat.

Since this is the workout area I figured I would post this photo from yesterday here. Still working hard on the treadmill every day. I can't really lift much at all obviously but my old body is hanging in there I suppose.... :codger:

http://s4.postimg.org/edp540j19/20150123_091816.jpg

• Like 2

I am building again towards a 5K that I am planning on running on February 13th. I have been increasing my running speed and length of intervals gradually since my hand surgery. This is now an average morning (40 minutes) on the treadmill. I would like to build back up to 4 miles in 40 minutes like I was doing last year at this point. Pretty sure I can do this before the 13th..

http://s13.postimg.org/3p179n7uf/20150129_094922.jpg

• Like 1

I say! Is that a :rush: shirt you are wearing?! :ebert:

Why yes it tis my lovely friend.... :) Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

I've added an another element to my fitness regimine that I thought I'd never try.

I joined a Crossfit Gym! And yah know what? It's kicking my ass! I used to chuckle at crossfit , and the culture of crossfit cyborgs. But this place is great. The guy who runs it emphasizes Olympic weightlifting and gymnastics, so I'm doing a lot of heavy power movements. And working on those gymnastic rings. I've got a new found respect for gymnasts. That shit is tough.

• Like 1

I've added an another element to my fitness regimine that I thought I'd never try.

I joined a Crossfit Gym! And yah know what? It's kicking my ass! I used to chuckle at crossfit , and the culture of crossfit cyborgs. But this place is great. The guy who runs it emphasizes Olympic weightlifting and gymnastics, so I'm doing a lot of heavy power movements. And working on those gymnastic rings. I've got a new found respect for gymnasts. That shit is tough.

I would love to do this kind of stuff if I could. Cool that you are...

My wife's gym is attached to a hotel. She probably goes to the Jim everyday. LOL

Sorry bad humor.

Yoga is one thing I will never be caught doing. Yeah, I could probably benefit from the stretching, but I'm remarkably flexible even without, and yoga makes me laugh. I'd be kicked out of class!

I just went back to my yoga class this week and it was wonderful. I can understand it isn't for everyone but I think it helps my posture and the stress relief is just what I need right now. I may need knee surgery so I am trying to get some flexibility. I do walk a lot at my job but that may not continue if I have the surgery later this year.

Everyone here is really inspiring, keep up the good work everyone :notworthy:

• Like 1

Since this is the workout area I figured I would post this photo from yesterday here. Still working hard on the treadmill every day. I can't really lift much at all obviously but my old body is hanging in there I suppose.... :codger:

Or is it a Rash shirt? Be careful of chafing :laughing guy: Way to go, good for you :goodone:

• Like 2

I would love to do this kind of stuff if I could. Cool that you are...

Thanks Narpski! You should check one out. You aren't required to lift heavy. A lot if it is in the cardio. That's what drains me. All ages at my place as well. I was surprised. I thought I was going to walk into a frat house , but the mix is great.

Edited by Xanadoood
  • Like 1

Or is it a Rash shirt? Be careful of chafing :laughing guy: Way to go, good for you :goodone:

It's Rash my dear. Chafing where?.... :huh: :) Edited by Narpski

It's Rash my dear. Chafing where?.... :huh: :)

I was just being silly, with a play on words. Your hard work is paying off, you should be proud of yourself :ebert:

• Like 1

It's Rash my dear. Chafing where?.... :huh: :)

I was just being silly, with a play on words. Your hard work is paying off, you should be proud of yourself :ebert:

Apologies darlin I just got it. Geez I am slow on the uptake at times.... :LOL:

Edit: The kind words are much appreciated... :)

Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

Sorry bad humor.

You and me both! I've never seen the appeal and those poses make me laugh too. I need to be in constant motion. I would not have the patience for yoga.

I have changed my exercise routine quite a bit over the years. I have a good routine now. I'm still running daily but I've noticed a bone-on-bone rubbing-type pain in my right hip. I'm scared this means that I'm wearing the cartilage down.

Had a few interesting experiencing at the gym recently... One was seeing someone in their car wait, and wait, and wait for a close-to-the-gym parking spot open up. You're at the gym to exercise. Walk an extra 20-50 feet. You can do it!! Push yourself! Feel the burn. (Maybe it was a yoga person - HAHAHA! sorry). The second interesting thing was witnessing someone in a crossfit class pop their ankle out the wrong way. I will never forget the screams she screamed. The third was having Mr. Sleazy try and get my attention. I'm not saying I wasn't flattered but when I'm at the gym, I'm there to sweat and workout. Not meet people. And he had on wayyyyyy too much cologne. At the gym! God!

First race of the year coming up! WOOHOO!

• Like 1

Sorry bad humor.

Maybe she IS a detective?? A secret ROCK and METAL detector detective, and when she finds some she exterminates it! :bang bang:

O happy day!

I managed the 40 lb dumbbells for 4 sets of 5 incline bench presses! :7up: I knew I could do it - the problem was getting the right one up over my head for that starting position. So today I just asked for a spot on my first set, just to get me started. After that it was cake; I managed 3 more sets and even was able to start myself off by "bouncing" the dumbbell off my thigh as I moved into position. Did 3 more sets of 6 at 35 lbs after that.

This is a big deal for this 46-year-old chick. :D

Sorry, the only thing I understood was "cake" and your last sentence! :oops:

Let em Eat Cake! :goodone:

• Like 1

O happy day!

I managed the 40 lb dumbbells for 4 sets of 5 incline bench presses! :7up: I knew I could do it - the problem was getting the right one up over my head for that starting position. So today I just asked for a spot on my first set, just to get me started. After that it was cake; I managed 3 more sets and even was able to start myself off by "bouncing" the dumbbell off my thigh as I moved into position. Did 3 more sets of 6 at 35 lbs after that.

This is a big deal for this 46-year-old chick. :D

Sorry, the only thing I understood was "cake" and your last sentence! :oops:

Let em Eat Cake! :goodone:

All are welcome to cake!! :drool:

• Like 1

I had to share this. I thought it was funny.

http://www.lookhuman.com/render/product/8004/8004402488831500/tr401atg-w800h800z1-57381-fitness-more-like-fitness-whole-pizza-in-my-mouth.jpg

I want this shirt.

• Like 3

I had to share this. I thought it was funny.

http://www.lookhuman.com/render/product/8004/8004402488831500/tr401atg-w800h800z1-57381-fitness-more-like-fitness-whole-pizza-in-my-mouth.jpg

I want this shirt.

The "gorging on pizza" approach is my kind of workout plan.