Working out

I just do the same thing in general every day. May not be the best approach but I see results. My legs always feel like goo....

You had a goo day?! :ebert:

Every day is a goo day at my age..... :)

I just do the same thing in general every day. May not be the best approach but I see results. My legs always feel like goo....

You had a goo day?! :ebert:

Every day is a goo day at my age..... :)

:hug2:

And today was my goo day! :madra:

Now that that's taken care of, if you'll excuse me I'm off to have breakfast!

• Like 1

Still going every morning to the gym. This makes about 3 weeks now. Getting better and better an feeling more normal each time.....
  • Like 2

Another goo day for me!

And I've noticed that situps are easier, plus it looks like another half inch off my waist!

• Like 1

I tweaked something in my lower back a few days ago. I think its time to take a couple weeks off from heavy lifting.

Oh no! I hope you're back to full strength soon! :hug2:

I tweaked something in my lower back a few days ago. I think its time to take a couple weeks off from heavy lifting.

Oh no! I hope you're back to full strength soon! :hug2:

After a couple days off it already feels better. I will do body weight only for another week or so and I should be ready to go again.

Deadlifted more than I ever have today. 230 lbs. for 6 reps. (I've been working forearm muscles plus switched the weaker hand to a reverse grip, which makes a huge difference).

Now I am a touch ouchy - whole pelvic girdle is just tight as hell, even though I've been stretching it.

Latest gripe is the strength difference in left & right upper body, esp. shoulders & pecs. I'm left-handed, and once I start hitting higher weights the strength difference is noticeable. Muscles on the left are still raring to go for a couple more reps, but the damn right side is punking out.

Latest gripe is the strength difference in left & right upper body, esp. shoulders & pecs. I'm left-handed, and once I start hitting higher weights the strength difference is noticeable. Muscles on the left are still raring to go for a couple more reps, but the damn right side is punking out.

Yeah, this sort of unevenness has long been a source of irritation for me as well. Regardless of my efforts to balance things out and let my left (weaker) side dictate how far I go with my workouts (in the hopes that it will "catch up"), my right remains a step ahead and always feels like it can do more when lefty needs to call it a day.

By the way, did you ever get the protein-shake issue worked out?

Yeah, this sort of unevenness has long been a source of irritation for me as well. Regardless of my efforts to balance things out and let my left (weaker) side dictate how far I go with my workouts (in the hopes that it will "catch up"), my right remains a step ahead and always feels like it can do more when lefty needs to call it a day.

You guys are to bad@ss for me. I am thinking of starting a new thread "Kind Of Working Out".... :LOL:
  • Like 1

You guys are to bad@ss for me. I am thinking of starting a new thread "Kind Of Working Out".... :LOL:

Hahaha! That's exactly how I feel when I come in here. My primary form of physical activity is walking around my neighbourhood. My neighbourhood is very hilly, so on most days I walk around it for 45 minutes or so and call that exercise. Which isn't quite as pathetic as it sounds, considering how steep a lot of those hills are, but is hardly in the league of the rest of the posters in this thread!

Rock on with your bad self, Narp. I'm told that every little bit counts! :LOL:

If the only people who posted here were the true badasses, it'd be down to TSS and Mara, and they'd miss the rest of us, you guys for your cool progress posts and me for my "wit."

If you're working hard at the exercises you're doing and they're helping you stay healthy, I think you should consider it working out (and feel just fine posting here).

I don't do anything particularly impressive. I can toss around a few dumbbells, and I'm pretty strong for a thin dude, but I'm hardly hardcore. Still, I enjoy what I do and I'm happy with the results. So I have no problem posting with the true colossi of the community. :)

Lyndsey, those exercises (look these up to make sure)...

1 - One-arm lateral raise

2 - Lunge

3 - Floor chest press

4 - Overhead press

5 - Don't know, hard to tell from the diagram...

• Like 2

If the only people who posted here were the true badasses, it'd be down to TSS and Mara, and they'd miss the rest of us, you guys for your cool progress posts and me for my "wit."

If you're working hard at the exercises you're doing and they're helping you stay healthy, I think you should consider it working out (and feel just fine posting here).

I don't do anything particularly impressive. I can toss around a few dumbbells, and I'm pretty strong for a thin dude, but I'm hardly hardcore. Still, I enjoy what I do and I'm happy with the results. So I have no problem posting with the true colossi of the community. :)

2 - Lunge

3 - Floor chest press

4 - Overhead press

Wit can never be overrated.... :)
  • Like 1

2 - Lunge

3 - Floor chest press

4 - Overhead press

5 looks like front raises.

Dumbbell's at your side and bring them up in front of you parallel to the floor. Its a shoulder exercise.

Edited by thesweetscience
  • Like 1

Deadlifted more than I ever have today. 230 lbs. for 6 reps. (I've been working forearm muscles plus switched the weaker hand to a reverse grip, which makes a huge difference).

Now I am a touch ouchy - whole pelvic girdle is just tight as hell, even though I've been stretching it.

I had that same left/right problem but it has evened out. When boxing sometimes I switch to southpaw without even thinking about it. I would say to just keep doing what you are doing. Eventually your off hand will catch up.

2 - Lunge

3 - Floor chest press

4 - Overhead press

Dumbbell's at your side and bring them up in front of you parallel to the floor. Its a shoulder exercise.

Thanks guys!!

I was having a tough job of trying to find out by myself!!

:cheers:

2 - Lunge

3 - Floor chest press

4 - Overhead press

Thanks guys!!

I was having a tough job of trying to find out by myself!!

:cheers:

#2 actually looks like it's supposed to be walking lunges. I for one would rather be flicked repeatedly in the eyeball than do walking lunges. I seriously hate them - I NEED to do them, because they work a lot of the stabilizers and neural pathways that stationary lunges just don't, but I can never commit to including them in a rotation. I'll be good for a couple of weeks and then trade them out for some other move just as my body is finally figuring out how to balance itself.

In other news - I CAN DO UNASSISTED PULL-UPS NOW! Not wide-grip, not yet, though I'm down to being able to do 6-7 of those with just 10-20 lbs of help. But I can do 8-10 reps now of underhanded, shoulder-width chin ups for 3 sets and 6 reps of overhand grip, with my full bodyweight. I couldn't do this in my 20's or 30's!

• Like 1

#2 actually looks like it's supposed to be walking lunges. I for one would rather be flicked repeatedly in the eyeball than do walking lunges. I seriously hate them - I NEED to do them, because they work a lot of the stabilizers and neural pathways that stationary lunges just don't, but I can never commit to including them in a rotation. I'll be good for a couple of weeks and then trade them out for some other move just as my body is finally figuring out how to balance itself.

In other news - I CAN DO UNASSISTED PULL-UPS NOW! Not wide-grip, not yet, though I'm down to being able to do 6-7 of those with just 10-20 lbs of help. But I can do 8-10 reps now of underhanded, shoulder-width chin ups for 3 sets and 6 reps of overhand grip, with my full bodyweight. I couldn't do this in my 20's or 30's!

I hate lunges too, any and all kinds. I'd rather neglect my stabilizers and neural pathways than do lunges.

Congrats on the progress you've made with pull-ups. They're tough to do, and I know how good it feels to make some headway with them.

• Like 1