Working out

I AM GETTING NOTICED!!!!! All of my hard work slinging iron is paying off. Granted I'm doing it strictly for myself - I like the challenge and I feel really good. But it is nice to get compliments. I also feel like they are pretty sincere rather than an attempt to hit on me, since I'm mid-40s and thus past the "bait" age.

Saturday: Someone complimented me on my "really awesome delts"!

Tuesday: Sidney, who owns the gym where I work out near my home, came up and squeezed my upper arm: "Wow!" (Disclaimer - I was working arms so yes, they were pretty well pumped) He was used to seeing me just do craptons of cardio; we chatted and he said it's "nice to see you back in the weight area".

And today it was my traps. :D This was at the gym next door to work; I've only been going there for a couple of weeks so am a new face.

I really am working this hard. I'm finding the fun in it now; you can always change up a lifting routine to keep from getting really bored. (But I still hate bent-over 1-arm dumbbell rows for some reason. They work; I just hate them).

Mid 40's? You are right in the wheel house of "bait" age!

I wish I got noticed. Weights and exercise can't fix a jacked up face I guess. when I look in the mirror I do see the difference and the scale agrees with my assessment.

Ever do stability rows? I do them at the end of my back workout. They really add some work to the core which is why I like them. I generally do bent over rows with a barbell.

Anyway, keep up the good work!!

How do you mean "jacked up face"?

Hideous, ugly, grotesque, etc, etc...

Its debatable but I don't consider mine jacked up but still get no attention whatsoever anywhere. At this point even if a gay dude showed me some attention I would be flattered. Claude Rains syndrome I guess..... :huh:

I thought you were married mate?

33 years. That doesn't mean some positive attention isn't nice once in a while. You might not understand if your circumstances are different. You may get plenty of attention....

Well us pretty boy types always get attention... :16ton:

• Like 2

As plenty have told me; it's okay to gather an appetite when out, as long as you eat at home ;)

Just to clarify something if I could. Its not about the sex its the possibility that the fairer sex might see me in that way. The act itself at this point matters not......

As plenty have told me; it's okay to gather an appetite when out, as long as you eat at home ;)

Just to clarify something if I could. Its not about the sex its the possibility that the fairer sex might see me in that way. The act itself at this point matters not......

I understand. By appetite I meant a lot of things of which one was attention. :)

• Like 1

Update: I am back to the weight I was last week!! :yay:

It hasn't started to show on how my clothes fit... well maybe a tiny bit on one or two items....

I wonder when it will start to show?? Can only wait and see.... I'm guessing its different for everyone. :)

• Like 4

It hasn't started to show on how my clothes fit... well maybe a tiny bit on one or two items....

I wonder when it will start to show?? Can only wait and see.... I'm guessing its different for everyone. :)

Probably your bras with be too big all of the sudden first..... :(

Edit: I'll get off the boob thing I promise.... :blush: :)

Edited by Narpski

:LOL: Probably!

Not to worry! I don't get offended easily! :)

• Like 1

:)

Hey Narp how do you feel about RG3's imaginary enemies on twitter? The doubters!

Hey Narp how do you feel about RG3's imaginary enemies on twitter? The doubters!

Wasn't aware of it.... :huh: I have doubts too after last year. We'll see....

Check out the story I posted in the NFL 2014-15 season thread for info.

Check out the story I posted in the NFL 2014-15 season thread for info.

Is his knee all better??

Just got in from a cycle....apart from the waist and leg bands on my cycle leggings, I have noticed that my cycle outfit isn't as snug to my body as it was...

And when I weighed myself just now I found I am now at 152.5 lb! :yay:

• Like 2

At the weekend I bought myself a Fitbit One... seems to be doing its job so far....anyone else out there got a tracker?

At the weekend I bought myself a Fitbit One... seems to be doing its job so far....anyone else out there got a tracker?

Not sure what that is... :huh:

Sorry, my bad! :oops: It's an activity tracker. It counts steps, floors climbed, calories burned, "very active minutes" which is for jogging, brisk walking, or cycling, distance and monitors how restful your sleep was.

Sorry, my bad! :oops: It's an activity tracker. It counts steps, floors climbed, calories burned, "very active minutes" which is for jogging, brisk walking, or cycling, distance and monitors how restful your sleep was.

Thanks. Don't have one. I have a pacemaker built in. Does that count?.... :LOL:

Thanks. Don't have one. I have a pacemaker built in. Does that count?.... :LOL:

:LOL:

• Like 1

Had a good cycle this morning. Cycled up the coast to the next town and back again for a couple of hours. 16.87 miles according to my cycle app. The going is fairly flat but there's a couple of long slopes up... and then down on the way back. :)
  • Like 2

I finally got some tunes I can listen to while walking and running. My old phone had around 20 albums my son had put on there I could choose from. When I switched my phone I have had nothing for a couple months now because technology wise I am a nit wit. I got Pandora on there yesterday and did a four mile walk/run with music today :dweez: . First song that came up was Red Barchetta. It made me start running needless to say...... :d13:

I finally got some tunes I can listen to while walking and running. My old phone had around 20 albums my son had put on there I could choose from. When I switched my phone I have had nothing for a couple months now because technology wise I am a nit wit. I got Pandora on there yesterday and did a four mile walk/run with music today :dweez: . First song that came up was Red Barchetta. It made me start running needless to say...... :d13:

Pandora is about all I listen to anymore.

I joined the Y last week so I can work out on weekends and days when I don't work. Its a little more crowded than the gym where I work but there is plenty of eye candy. My back and shoulders are tore up good!! :gumby:

I joined the Y last week so I can work out on weekends and days when I don't work. Its a little more crowded than the gym where I work but there is plenty of eye candy. My back and shoulders are tore up good!! :gumby:

Does the eye candy completely ignore you like they do me?... :LOL:

Does the eye candy completely ignore you like they do me?... :LOL:

Oh yeah.