'Flight Of The Phoenix'

Jack Aubrey

I have a deep and abiding affection for 'The Flight Of The Phoenix' with Jimmy Stewart, Richard Attenborough, and Ernest Borgnine. It's an incredible survival story of ordinary men who rose above extraordinary circumstances and beat the odds and has been on my top 50 list since I first saw it 25 years ago. Now, they have remade it. The bright spot is that it stars Dennis Quaid, whom I have always liked, so maybe, just maybe, this will be worth watching. Anyway, enough of my rambling. Here's the link to watch the trailer: 'Flight Of The Phoenix'

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 28 2004, 06:07 PM)
I have a deep and abiding affection for 'The Flight Of The Phoenix' with Jimmy Stewart, Richard Attenborough, and Ernest Borgnine. It's an incredible survival story of ordinary men who rose above extraordinary circumstances and beat the odds and has been on my top 50 list since I first saw it 25 years ago. Now, they have remade it. The bright spot is that it stars Dennis Quaid, whom I have always liked, so maybe, just maybe, this will be worth watching. Anyway, enough of my rambling. Here's the link to watch the trailer: 'Flight Of The Phoenix'

Didnt Dennis Quaid also do the King Kong remake? If not, who am I thinking of? wacko.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 28 2004, 11:11 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 28 2004, 06:07 PM)

Didnt Dennis Quaid also do the King Kong remake? If not, who am I thinking of? wacko.gif

I assume you mean the 'King Kong' remake from the seventies? That was Jeff Bridges.