Mesa Boogie Mark V

Maverick

Ok, so I didn't get it by the end of 2013. But yesterday I put a down payment on one at a Guitar Center in Maryland. I except to have it home no later than the end of the month, and with any luck, maybe next week. I've lusted after this amp for going on 4 years, and finally, it will be mine!

:madra:

• Like 1

Lots of good tones with a Boogie. The guy I record with has 2 IVs.
  • Like 1

I am excited beyond words for this. I think it might spell the end for my Deluxe Reverb, though. As great as that amp is, I always use my Lonestar now when playing at home. And even though the MKV is heavy (80 lbs) the 1x12 stature will make it a lot easier to move, especially since it already has casters on it. I may just sell the DR, and then finally get Mesa to build a 1x12 chassis for the Lonestar, and have two 1x12 Mesas.

I am excited beyond words for this. I think it might spell the end for my Deluxe Reverb, though. As great as that amp is, I always use my Lonestar now when playing at home. And even though the MKV is heavy (80 lbs) the 1x12 stature will make it a lot easier to move, especially since it already has casters on it. I may just sell the DR, and then finally get Mesa to build a 1x12 chassis for the Lonestar, and have two 1x12 Mesas.

See, I love my buddy's Blues Deluxe and have considered getting rid of my silver face Deluxe for a Blues. I could also profit from such a move, but I hate the idea of selling gear.

• Like 1

See, I love my buddy's Blues Deluxe and have considered getting rid of my silver face Deluxe for a Blues. I could also profit from such a move, but I hate the idea of selling gear.

Selling gear was an extremely foreign concept to me for a long, long time. I used to feel that once something was purchased, it was mine for life. So every time I would buy something, I would research it and agonize over it to no end because I felt that once it was paid for, that was it. But then last year I had several pedals that were literally just collecting dust, and I thought that maybe if I could sell them, I could get some other pedals that I would really use. Well, that started the avalanche. I can't believe how much gear I've turned over in just one year. But I also know that it pales in comparison to some of the gear hounds I've read about.

Selling gear was an extremely foreign concept to me for a long, long time. I used to feel that once something was purchased, it was mine for life. So every time I would buy something, I would research it and agonize over it to no end because I felt that once it was paid for, that was it. But then last year I had several pedals that were literally just collecting dust, and I thought that maybe if I could sell them, I could get some other pedals that I would really use. Well, that started the avalanche. I can't believe how much gear I've turned over in just one year. But I also know that it pales in comparison to some of the gear hounds I've read about.

I am to a large extend a collector when it comes to guitar gear. I got 4 electric and one acoustic guitar, two amps and some pedals. Sometimes I think about selling some pedals to get some others, but then I think "you never know when you'll need it". The amps and guitars are never to be sold. I'm gonna be buried with them! ;)

It's not so much that I may need some piece later, but rather I bought it for a reason. With the Deluxe, I got it from a place I used to work so there is some sentimentality for that, plus it sounds good for what it is. And it's the best amp I have. Selling it for an amp that I know is more versatile but less valuable is a hard sell in my inner dialogue. My dad once had a Gretsch Country Gentleman in the 60s but because he was a bass player primarily he traded it for a Standel bass amp which he still regrets. I blew it out when I was 15. Oops. I had a Fender Champ amp that disappeared when I was a teenager and it was a really nice amp and I wish I still had it. Each guitar I have serves a purpose too. I could never have 2 strats for instance. Redundant to me.

It's not so much that I may need some piece later, but rather I bought it for a reason. With the Deluxe, I got it from a place I used to work so there is some sentimentality for that, plus it sounds good for what it is. And it's the best amp I have. Selling it for an amp that I know is more versatile but less valuable is a hard sell in my inner dialogue. My dad once had a Gretsch Country Gentleman in the 60s but because he was a bass player primarily he traded it for a Standel bass amp which he still regrets. I blew it out when I was 15. Oops. I had a Fender Champ amp that disappeared when I was a teenager and it was a really nice amp and I wish I still had it. Each guitar I have serves a purpose too. I could never have 2 strats for instance. Redundant to me.

I know what you mean, but for myself, I have two Strats. As they are right now, they are redundant. But once I swap the pcikups in one of them, that redundancy is gone.I could have s Strat that is more modern with hotter pickups, and another one with a more vintage vibe.

This is a fantastic amplifier that I would love to own. My limited playing these days stops me from dropping this kind of coin on an amp. If I were to start playing out again, this would be what I would want.
  • Like 1

Is it the transformer mod on the 57? I've seen your video on the ribbon mic. Cool stuff!

I'd love to trade in a few amps for a V or a Lonestar....or a Heartbeaker.

Too painful to sell/ship heavy tube amps via ebay, and Craigslist sucks now...and of course GC trade in prices blow....so I sit...

Any ideas for me??

Too painful to sell/ship heavy tube amps via ebay, and Craigslist sucks now...and of course GC trade in prices blow....so I sit...

Any ideas for me??

Sheesh, and here I sit with a Lonestar and a Mark V, and a SFDR. I know how fortunate I am, but it takes on a different dimension when you see someone else talk about it.

Any ideas for me??

Sheesh, and here I sit with a Lonestar and a Mark V, and a SFDR. I know how fortunate I am, but it takes on a different dimension when you see someone else talk about it.

Sorry, I wasn't clear...I have 7 amps already..I need to unload a few before I get anymore....its more a space and sanity thing. :P

Gear is more fun to buy then to unload. :/

• Like 1

Any ideas for me??

Sorry, I wasn't clear...I have 7 amps already..I need to unload a few before I get anymore....its more a space and sanity thing. :P

Gear is more fun to buy then to unload. :/

It's pretty fun to unload when you are getting $$$ for it, and you know what you are going to get with said $$$.

:yes: