I think my ex cheated on me

A little update:

I've come to realize I don't care anymore. It's such a relief finally to feel that way. Almost a year has passed, and although time doesn't heal all wounds, it certainly numbs them :).

Lately I have met some great people and I feel the possibilities lying ahead of me :D-13:

• Like 3

A little update:

I've come to realize I don't care anymore. It's such a relief finally to feel that way. Almost a year has passed, and although time doesn't heal all wounds, it certainly numbs them :).

Lately I have met some great people and I feel the possibilities lying ahead of me :D-13:

Analog Grownup,

Good to hear! You deserve happiness.

:hug2:

Cheers,

frippy

• Like 3

A little update:

Analog Grownup,

Good to hear! You deserve happiness.

:hug2:

Cheers,

frippy

Thank you so much! :hug2:

• Like 1

the worst thing about keeping tabs on your ex gf is that she's usually able to "move on" quicker than you.. women are usually the ones being pursued, so it's as easy as saying "yes" to the next guy with a shoulder to cry on while you suffer the bad feelings and try to summon the strength to start looking again. this is nothing against women of course, it's just the way it is. at least from my experiences any way..

my advice is close the (face)book on this one.. be strong and move on. :cheers:

• Like 3

I have found that some people dislike confrontations so much that, rather than break up with bf or gf, they will just start seeing someone else on the side until their bf/gf finds out and dumps them for "cheating." Another old favorite I remember was the old "be a jerk until the bf/gf dumps me" rather than just come clean and say its over. People who play these games aren't worth tear 1.
  • Like 5

It has happened to almost everyone at some time in their life. It happened to me, the "X" what ever is not worth the time or effort to sulk over. You can't change the past over someone who turned out to me a major POS. Life is short, move on and find someone who will enjoy you for you.
  • Like 3

I have found that some people dislike confrontations so much that, rather than break up with bf or gf, they will just start seeing someone else on the side until their bf/gf finds out and dumps them for "cheating." Another old favorite I remember was the old "be a jerk until the bf/gf dumps me" rather than just come clean and say its over. People who play these games aren't worth tear 1.

Hmmm, I never thought of it, like that, but it is a very valid and true point. I'm starting hate male/female relationships of any kind. They just seem to be so complicated to keep things consistent and make sure that everything is really fine and that there are no problems.

Edited by Anguyen92

Hey

One thing first: Facebook is not good for a troubled heart!

Last summer my then girlfriend took a two month language course in London. During those two months she withdrew from me a lot, and broke up when she got home. Around new years eve she changed her relationship from single to in relationship on FB, and now there are pictures of them in London. Now, last summer it was the Olympics so I can see that most of them are not from back then. There is one that stands out, however. They are standing in front of that school were they met, hugging and kissing. Could mean they're just revisiting the place the met each other, doesn't mean a thing necessarily, but one commenting on that picture changed it all for me: "Once upon a time last summer. Love is in the air".

Now that Devil is sitting on my shoulder and whispering in my ear again :| .

Maybe I'm just paranoid. Maybe I should let go, and maybe I shouldn't care at all. Maybe you think I'm crazy (no offense if you do), but I needed to let it out.

Sloots gonna sloot

Sounds like she's moved on! You should too! But first you should really un-friend her in Facebook! You're just driving the knife deeper into your heart by doing that.

More power to ya! The sun will shine again my friend. So keep those Sunglasses handy! :sundog:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

Hi guys

I went on one hell of a bender last night which helped me think of something else. I removed all photos of her on my FB page and that felt good. I know I must unfriend her on FB, but we are talking 5 years of my life that doesn't serve me any purpose anymore, and frankly I'm a little scared of that void it may leave.

I might be able to be friends with her eventually, but not on FB. Too many pictures that doesn't concern me. I want to thank you for your support, it helped me a lot and even gave me a chuckle :). It's nice to know that I can lay it all out and people will actually take their time to respond and care.

It doesn't matter that you and her are broken up, the seed is still planted and it hurts no matter what the bygones were.

It wont leave a void, it will just leave a place for you to not inhabit while you are healing. You may want to visit those memories and the lessons they leave you at a later date. What's done is done, and you can't go back and remove it. That, would leave a void.

Those experiences will teach you about yourself and shape you into the man you need to be for the next Analog Grownup-ette. :)

• Like 2

Hi guys

I went on one hell of a bender last night which helped me think of something else. I removed all photos of her on my FB page and that felt good. I know I must unfriend her on FB, but we are talking 5 years of my life that doesn't serve me any purpose anymore, and frankly I'm a little scared of that void it may leave.

I might be able to be friends with her eventually, but not on FB. Too many pictures that doesn't concern me. I want to thank you for your support, it helped me a lot and even gave me a chuckle :). It's nice to know that I can lay it all out and people will actually take their time to respond and care.

It doesn't matter that you and her are broken up, the seed is still planted and it hurts no matter what the bygones were.

It wont leave a void, it will just leave a place for you to not inhabit while you are healing. You may want to visit those memories and the lessons they leave you at a later date. What's done is done, and you can't go back and remove it. That, would leave a void.

Those experiences will teach you about yourself and shape you into the man you need to be for the next Analog Grownup-ette. :)

I think you are right about that. Whatever hurt I have to endure I can't just turn my back on the possibility of growth. As time goes by I tend to see the past in a broader perspective, like situations where I now can see I weren't happy. Yes, we may - and will - be knocked down from time to time, but picking through the broken pieces lets us throw away pieces that don't fit anymore, and build ourselves to be even stronger. I don't write this because I now it to be true in sense and reason, but because I feel it in my heart now :)

There is a line from a Open Secrets: "Time will do it's healing, you got to let it go". Simple and true, and it helps me to hear that message repeated. And it's a great song too ;)

• Like 1

Hi guys

I think you are right about that. Whatever hurt I have to endure I can't just turn my back on the possibility of growth. As time goes by I tend to see the past in a broader perspective, like situations where I now can see I weren't happy. Yes, we may - and will - be knocked down from time to time, but picking through the broken pieces lets us throw away pieces that don't fit anymore, and build ourselves to be even stronger. I don't write this because I now it to be true in sense and reason, but because I feel it in my heart now :)

There is a line from a Open Secrets: "Time will do it's healing, you got to let it go". Simple and true, and it helps me to hear that message repeated. And it's a great song too ;)

I should listen to that song and let it reverberate theough my very cell structure. Today is kind of a bad day in missing my friend that doesn't deserve to be missed.

Hi guys

I should listen to that song and let it reverberate theough my very cell structure. Today is kind of a bad day in missing my friend that doesn't deserve to be missed.

I'm sorry you feel that way :hug2:

Hi guys

I'm sorry you feel that way :hug2:

:hug2: Thanks, TAG. :)

Good choice. I've been through a hard break up before. I think that with time, you'll realize you never wasted anything. These break ups help us to understand ourselves better. It just takes a lot of pain first.

Hi guys

Or because in helping yourself you might help someone else too? I know it's not for everyone, but I wanted to get other peoples perspective than my own, and that seems to have helped. Meanwhile I hope someone else too can benefit from it.

Considering how many threads around here gets derailed with trolling, stupid arguments over Vapor Trails and such, I don't see this thread as being crying for attention :)

• Like 1

Why do we feel compelled to share our private thoughts and feelings on an open forum?

Because...

a) many in the real world tune out any live conversations?

b) there's less 'risk' in bearing your feelings to strangers?

c) it actually might feel cathartic to type shit you have bottled up?

d) of any number of possible reasons?

• Like 2