Why oh why...

hcm

is it so hard for guys to believe that we women think Geddy is sexy.....

even my own husband who when his hair was long looked a heck of a lot like Geddy .

I don't think they actually have any trouble believing it whatsoever. I think they just like to say they do because they understand our attraction to him so well that it makes them uncomfortable :yes:

Personally, I think that when they incite us to discuss how we feel about Geddy by expressing incredulity at our attraction to him, what they're really doing is 1. seeking an explanation for why THEY feel that way, and 2. vicariously enjoying our squee because they can't do it themselves. ;) :LOL:

• Like 1

even my own husband who when his hair was long looked a heck of a lot like Geddy .

I don't think they actually have any trouble believing it whatsoever. I think they just like to say they do because they understand our attraction to him so well that it makes them uncomfortable :yes:

Personally, I think that when they incite us to discuss how we feel about Geddy by expressing incredulity at our attraction to him, what they're really doing is 1. seeking an explanation for why THEY feel that way, and 2. vicariously enjoying our squee because they can't do it themselves. ;) :LOL:

You keep thinking that.

;)

• Like 2

"1. seeking an explanation for why THEY feel that way"....lol

sheldon sounds jealous....

The only thing I would be jelly about regarding Geddy is his ability as a musician. And even then, it isn't jealousy, it's respect, admiration and appreciation.

What reasons do they give you for not believing it?

They always mention his nose :LOL:

What a load of crap. I don't know if men get this but there are ladies out there that LOVE a big schnoz.

I am one of them.

I've had a thing for guys with big noses since I was 10. To be honest I'm not even attracted to guys with smaller noses or "ski slope" noses like mine, nope. My husband has a pretty impressive Greek nose on his face so give me Geddy and his strong profile. Nom nom nom nom nom. :moose:

Why would his nose even be factor? I think they are only seeing things from a male perspective. I would say that many males wouldn't find a woman with a nose like Geddy's attractive but that's just another example of how we are built differently.

• Like 1

They always mention his nose :LOL:

What a load of crap. I don't know if men get this but there are ladies out there that LOVE a big schnoz.

I am one of them.

I've had a thing for guys with big noses since I was 10. To be honest I'm not even attracted to guys with smaller noses or "ski slope" noses like mine, nope. My husband has a pretty impressive Greek nose on his face so give me Geddy and his strong profile. Nom nom nom nom nom. :moose:

Why would his nose even be factor? I think they are only seeing things from a male perspective. I would say that many males wouldn't find a woman with a nose like Geddy's attractive but that's just another example of how we are built differently.

I have a nose like Geddy's, so I can vouch for that :(

I think it is just the combination, of big nose, small eyes, and he was very scrawny back in the day. My husband does admit that Geddy looks better now then back in the day...lol.

I never thought of myself as a schnoz lover but looking back I can see that Geddy fits my type, like on a viceral level...I don't even think about it I'm just attracted to it.

I remember the first video I saw of Rush...OMG....I had loved their music for awhile but we didn't have the video stuff at our house, man it made me fall even harder.

I do have to admit that the 'hair' plays into it. Hubs keeps his short, like military buzz cut now and I still think he is cute but when I started dating him he had hair like Geddy's.

I also have to say that the music also plays into it in Geddy's case...he sings with such expression, and even behind the glasses you get the energy from his eyes.

• Like 1

Oh look Sheldon, it's one of the animals from the island. Go to your cave now love.

I think it is just the combination, of big nose, small eyes, and he was very scrawny back in the day. My husband does admit that Geddy looks better now then back in the day...lol.

I never thought of myself as a schnoz lover but looking back I can see that Geddy fits my type, like on a viceral level...I don't even think about it I'm just attracted to it.

I remember the first video I saw of Rush...OMG....I had loved their music for awhile but we didn't have the video stuff at our house, man it made me fall even harder.

I do have to admit that the 'hair' plays into it. Hubs keeps his short, like military buzz cut now and I still think he is cute but when I started dating him he had hair like Geddy's.

I also have to say that the music also plays into it in Geddy's case...he sings with such expression, and even behind the glasses you get the energy from his eyes.

I always thought Geddy more lean than scrawny. He still had (and still does have) great muscle definition. Right now I'd say his body is perfect, he does such a great job of keeping himself in beautiful shape.

His eyes are small yeah but they are beautiful. I have small eyes set into a big head which = not very attractive to the boys and gave me a few nicknames in school. :( But then on the other token, certain people and makeup artists have given me very sweet compliments about them so it really is all in the eye (ha) of the beholder.

There's something about who Geddy is as a person that comes through as well and that adds to his attractiveness. Many of us girls have commented on that before. In his eyes there is a certain sweetness and calmness mixed with just a tiny bit mischievousness. I think his eyes are so beautiful, I haven't seen a green like he has on many people.

I obviously don't know him so I can only go off of about 10 hours of watching him on stage and seeing him at a couple of events but he walks with a humble confidence, he seems balanced, and there's something soothing about his voice when he talks and the intelligence that comes through.

• Like 2

This:

[snip]...the music also plays into it in Geddy's case...he sings with such expression, and even behind the glasses you get the energy from his eyes.

and this:

[snip]

There's something about who Geddy is as a person that comes through as well and that adds to his attractiveness.[snip] In his eyes there is a certain sweetness and calmness mixed with just a tiny bit mischievousness...[snip]

[snip]...he walks with a humble confidence, he seems balanced, and there's something soothing about his voice when he talks and the intelligence that comes through.

pretty much sum up why I find Geddy attractive :yes:

Edited by GeddysMullet

I wasn't planning on bringing Alex into this, but I figured, might as well. First things that really attracted me to Alex were his guitar playing and his sense of humor, in that order, I believe, during the summer I was thirteen. His looks didn't come into play really until Christmas vacation that year when I was inundated with posters and such for Christmas presents.
  • Like 3

All guys, or some guys....??? :eh: :P

It doesn't surprise me one bit that some women are hot for Geddy. I'm more confused by guys drooling over certain hugely overrated actresses..... :o

• Like 1

You know what REALLY irks me? "You just like him because he's rich..." :banghead: As if women are only interested in Geddy because of his pocketbook and couldn't have a genuine interest in him.
  • Like 3