Hi, guys

Anguyen92

Hello everyone of this Rush forum. Well, I have decided to join you guys after spending about three or four hours reading past threads and I just love the vibe you guys are having, so yeah that made me seal the deal of wanting to become a member of this forum.

Ok, where to begin, my 1st Rush experience started about late 2012. A music channel, Palladia, was having a rock marathon where they were playing live concerts and documentaries and I stumbled upon watching the Time Machine show and I found myself really entertained in the end, thinking, these old guys put up a great show full of energy and great song performances.

What sealed the deal, however for me, in becoming really invested in Rush was Beyond the Lighted Stage documentary. I just like that documentary very much and ended up finding myself rooting for Geddy, Alex, and Neil as they have to fight against all odds to make it to the highest tier of musicality and respectability which they accomplish in their own way. I just love bands that have that mentality of going against what the record labels want and have that mentality of accomplishing what they want in their own unorthodox way. To me, even though, the general public does not know, Rush might be the closest to the mark as the perfect band in terms of craft, professionalism, and longevity.

So, as for favorite Rush albums, I really enjoyed the Clockwork Angels album. If I had listened to that album last year, I would have pegged it as my favorite album to listen to in 2012, and I listened to 7 other rock albums, that year, in its entirety. As for the older materials, it is really hard and time-consuming to try to dig through and find and name obscure tracks to listen to, but if I'm going to stumble upon new Rush compilations and live concerts, I'm definitely giving those a listen with open ears. Heck, right now, to carry on with my Rush experience, I'm most likely going to check out their Snakes and Arrows DVD and Rush in Rio (Just to see how they play in a stadium atmosphere).

All right, well, anywho, about me. I guess a genre I listen to the most is pretty much hard/modern/alternative rock and bands like Alter Bridge and just about anything that Myles Kennedy does (His former band The Mayfield Four and his current band, Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators) and anything Mark Tremonti does (his current solo band, the Tremonti Project, and anything that is NOT Creed). I dabble around reading forums and like read stuff on hockey (to me, I think it is the greatest sport in the world).

So, I hope I can have my voice out in the forums and I hope we can have great conversations. I'll see you guys along the road.

Edited by Anguyen92
  • Like 2

Welcome! Loved reading your story BTW.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/WelcomeRed.gif Edited by Khan

Welcome.

I'm not sure if you mentioned in your OP, but have you heard all the Rush albums yet? If you haven't, you're in for a treat...none of them, repeat none of them, are bad.

Anyway, glad to see another new Rush fan!

:hi: Anguyen92 :hi:

Welcome to TRF! :hi:

But more importantly, welcome to Rush! You have amazing journey in front of you! :haz: :rush:

:hi: