Ghosts/paranormal happenings? Who believes? Curious! :)

hobo73

Who here believes in ghosts? Personal experiences= I'd LOVE to hear them!!! :D

I've been "sensitive" my entire life, I've seen and heard and felt so much, I'm just used to it. "Oh, look, a floating torso in the kitchen. What's for dinner?" lol.

My first experience was when I was 8, and even before that, I believed in ghosts/spirits. It was a terrifying experience, and even to this day it freaks me out to talk about. I used to believe, if I talked about her enough, she would come back for me 0_o

Long story short, a dead woman was in my living room and tried to grab me. I could NOT breathe or move, even my dog was barking at her.

My dad and brother are sensitives, as well, and both believed me after it took them several weeks to get the story out of me. My mom was convinced I was lying- one day my dad expoloded at her because she kept mocking me and laughing at me, laughing because "HAHA! she screams every time I bring up the dead girl hahahaha!!!!!" My dad tore her a new one. She left me alone after that.

If anyone tried to talk to me about her, I'd scream uncontrollably and curl into a ball and refuse to speak to anyone.

I had a demonic experience at.....17 years old, my brother was with me the entire time and saw it with his own 2 eyes, as well. (to this day he is reluctant to talk about it.)

at the time we lived in a small apartment with our father, and our beds were in the living room. dad was away that night, Justin and I were both on our beds talking to eachother. All the lights were on.

Justin's eyes shifted towards the floor under my bed and he stopped talking, and all the color drained from his face. His eyes bugged out in a way I've never seen- he said "Eryn. get up very slowly and jump from your bed onto mine. Don't ask why. DO NOT LOOK UNDER YOUR BED."

I never thought he was joking, he looked scared out of his mind. I jumped clear across the room onto his bed and looked under my bed- dear lord, I don't even know WHAT "it" was.

Again, all lights were on, we saw it clear as day. It was a hairy....creature? Beast? I'll never forget the huge, glowing orange eyes, staring at us. Huge fangs. Gigantic claws gently tapping the floorboards. It just laid under my bed, staring at us. I could see its back heaving up and down as it breathed. It kept the same smile all night- and yes, it was there ALL NIGHT, staring at us, silently. I may have been 17, but you bet your a** I slept in my brother's bed that night!! LOL

The next morning it was gone- we moved my bed out and there were huge claw marks in the wooden floor. We never saw it again.

my dad had a little girl in one of his "bachelor" apartments- he told us she was there, and we saw her on a daily basis. she never vanished into thin air- she was always visible (albeit slightly transparent lol), and if she wasn't dancing around my dad's room, she was hiding behind his TV stand. we always saw her feet sticking out lol. She never spoke, and none of us saw her face- she was extremely shy. One time I went right on up to her, I wanted to speak to her so bad. Something didn't let me. I literally could not speak. I walked away.

my dad said he'd wake up at night and she'd be standing over him or sitting at the foot of his bed, watching him sleep. He said he never felt scared. Oh, and she re-arranged our dishes every night lol. :P

last story, I swear haha (I'm still leaving out tons of little stories haha)-

one apartment my dad, Justin and I lived in was insanely occupied. Of course it had to be MY bedroom closet where all activity came from lol.

The 1st night there, my closet door started opening and SLAMMING shut, nonstop. I never, ever used that closet. Just stepping in there, I could feel several eyes staring at me. I had to keep a giant pile of junk in front of the door or else it would swing open so hard, it'd scratch my wall. every night I heard footsteps and scratching on the walls coming from my closet.

Most nights I was home alone, I sat on the steps in the apartment building- I couldn't even spend time alone in my own apartment. No way. I was stared at 24/7.

One night I saw a shadow man form in front of my eyes, speed walk across my room and vanish into a wall. One night, with 2 witnesses present, my closet door swung open and SLAMMED shut as hard as possible for a solid 15 minutes. Justin and my friend were terrified out of their minds.

One morning I felt a tug at my blanket and opened my eyes- nobody there. I looked down, and I watched as my blanket slowly slid off me. I pulled it up and closed my eyes again- this time my blanket was torn from my body and thrown across the room.

Yeah, I was awake lmao.

Found out there was a drug deal gone bad in front of the building, and several people were shot to death. Most of the victims lived in the building 0_o

sorry it's long, I am just absolutely fascinated with ghosts and the paranormal :)

lol I can certainly understand the hesitation to believe in that stuff, ReRushed! It IS crazy to think about.

haha I know what I'm blaming missing items on now!

I believe ! I have heard, and felt their presence.

I use to work in a hospital in the OLD morgue section. The hospital was done over and the morgue was now an assisted living quarters .

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Demon stuff scares me. In theory, I don't believe. In practice, The Exorcist-type movies scare the bejesus outta me!

You should check out "The Excorcism of Emily Rose" and "The Rite". I think both are decent modern movies about excorcism. I've read a lot about the increase in the number of excorcists being used by the Roman Catholic church. Demons or not, believe or not, there IS an increase in the number of those jobs.

• Like 1

Demon stuff scares me. In theory, I don't believe. In practice, The Exorcist-type movies scare the bejesus outta me!

You should check out "The Excorcism of Emily Rose" and "The Rite". I think both are decent modern movies about excorcism. I've read a lot about the increase in the number of excorcists being used by the Roman Catholic church. Demons or not, believe or not, there IS an increase in the number of those jobs.

Emily Rose was terrifying! Never heard of The Rite, but will check it out next time I'm in the mood for a good scare.

"The Rite" scared the sh*t out of me. That scene with the woman in the hospital....wasn't she pregnant? GOOD LORD. creepy, unsettling movie.

I believe people believe they've seen, heard, experienced things that they believe are "ghosts" or whatever.

:-)

Emily Rose was terrifying! Never heard of The Rite, but will check it out next time I'm in the mood for a good scare.

The Rite stars Anthony Hopkins doing his best to be scary as shit. Good stuff.

• Like 1

The Rite stars Anthony Hopkins doing his best to be scary as shit. Good stuff.

Good movie.

The paranormal absolutely exists. You can not believe in something that is real but it won't make it any less real. Logic should tell you if there is a physical realm we can feel smell and touch in all its complexity, there is a supernatural realm we can't that is all too real. If that makes no sense to you ask yourself why?

I never understood why its hard for some to believe this?

Too much evidence to feel otherwise. The supernatural is a real entity and one not to be messed with.

hobo73, you said..."I am just absolutely fascinated with ghosts and the paranormal"

I believe in what you experienced but I would caution you against having an obsession towards such things. Have a healthy respect for what you experienced but don't seek out things that are surely not a friend, and most certainly not fun and games. Demons would love nothing more than to torment and do harm.

Understand this and be happy this incident didn't not manifest into something much worse.

Edited by Tick
  • Like 3

The paranormal absolutely exists. You can not believe in something that is real but it won't make it any less real. Logic should tell you if there is a physical realm we can feel smell and touch in all its complexity, there is a supernatural realm we can't that is all too real. If that makes no sense to you ask yourself why?

I never understood why its hard for some to believe this?

Too much evidence to feel otherwise. The supernatural is a real entity and one not to be messed with.

hobo73, you said..."I am just absolutely fascinated with ghosts and the paranormal"

I believe in what you experienced but I would caution you against having an obsession towards such things. Have a healthy respect for what you experienced but don't seek out things that are surely not a friend, and most certainly not fun and games. Demons would love nothing more than to torment and do harm.

Understand this and be happy this incident didn't not manifest into something much worse.

Oh, I never, ever go out of my way to attract spirits, not like on those *cough scripted* TV shows where they yell at ghosts and try to "agitate" them. I'm just a magnet for those things.

idk if the demon just happened to be passing through that night, as all it (it had a very masculine presence) did was stare at us and smile. Maybe it was curious as to who we were and what we were doing? Maybe it was attracted to our home because my brother and I both are sensitives? idk.

I'm dying to smudge/cleanse this home, I'm going to next time it's just me here.

I am with you- NEVER mess with the paranormal. With the girl in my dad's apartment, there was an unexplainable level of trust between us and her. Even when I found I could not speak to her, it was not a dreadful feeling I had. I was not alarmed.

When I was pregnant I had an annoying doppelganger I had to deal with. Took the form of various family members and, ugh, those things are annoying and I flat out do not trust them.

Soon after my daughter was born, one night I jolted awake and saw a floating torso directly above her as she was sleeping in the crib. Just a torso, no head or limbs. (although it looked like it was definitely trying to manifest into a full apparition.)

I screamed "HEY!!! GET OUTTA HERE!!!!!" and woke Jeff up lol- it shot up into the ceiling and vanished. It never came back.

I take regular, looooooong breaks when it comes to reading up on that stuff/researching. I find that when I am reading about paranormal happenings and ghosts and hauntings, watching documentaries on that stuff, etc., it tends to kick the activity up a few notches. I prefer to keep a safe distance, if I can help it.

You just need to have a great respect for the paranormal & not overstep. If you respect them, for the most part they will respect you.

I classify what people refer to as the paranormal as an unexplained and poorly documented event where current technology does not permit us to learn with certainty what happened during the time in question. I believe there is a rational explanation for everything, but the human brain tries to explain things it is not able to using what information it has by calling things paranormal, supernatural, god-like, etc as a defense mechanism to accept what was processed. For instance, when Europeans came into North America for the first time with their firearms, the native Americans thought it was magic/supernatural...until they were taught about them.

I'm going to stop here before I cross into SOCN territory.

I classify what people refer to as the paranormal as an unexplained and poorly documented event where current technology does not permit us to learn with certainty what happened during the time in question. I believe there is a rational explanation for everything, but the human brain tries to explain things it is not able to using what information it has by calling things paranormal, supernatural, god-like, etc as a defense mechanism to accept what was processed. For instance, when Europeans came into North America for the first time with their firearms, the native Americans thought it was magic/supernatural...until they were taught about them.

I'm going to stop here before I cross into SOCN territory.

I can definitely respect that :)

I am all for trying to debunk things with logic. Trying to figure stuff out and not immediately jumping to conclusions.

Something moved on its own- is there a window open? Air coming out of a vent? Vibrations from someone walking across the room?

I don't think anyone can get mad at someone who thinks that way :)

Personally I believe some people just aren't capable of seeing these things, and that's OK. Some things, when you see it clearly in broad daylight with your own eyes and with witnesses present, though- those things you can't explain no matter how much you try- definitely makes you stop and think.

• Like 1

I think its all bunk. I think some people believe in that stuff because they too want to be visited by Patrick Swayze. :LOL:
  • Like 1

I think it's garbage, no offense to the OP. Have had several Ouija Boards. Never had an instance of communicating with "the other world" that didn't turn out to be someone moving the planchette. Nothing awful happened to anyone. When we reshelved the Board, it stayed put on its shelf, unlike in the movies where it mysteriously tempts the protagonists to have a seat and start channeling.

My in-laws are HUGE believers in the paranormal, despite being biblical literalists. Bro-in-law claims to have some serious second sight, and their house would seem to be some sort of supernatural freeway for all manner of beings if he is to be believed. My husband's nephew loves to tell the story (he doesn't believe and thinks his parents are slightly nuts) about waking up at 4 am one Easter morning to his mom shrieking something fierce in the kitchen. He went to investigate and found her yelling, "THIS IS A CHRISTIAN HOUSEHOLD!!!! GET OUT! NOT ON EASTER MORNING! NOT ON EASTER MORNING! while brandishing a Bible at the ceiling. Once my SIL called my husband in tears, worried that there was a demon stalking ME. They've got terrible trouble with demons, it seems.

They also firmly believe in the "orbs" in photos, even though it's been completely debunked by numerous sources (the "orbs" are light reflecting off of particles in the air).

A bit of history on my own house - two owners prior to us purchasing it, someone committed suicide in the bathtub. We've never seen or heard anything weird. The dogs never randomly freak out or stare fixedly at nothing. Regardless, my husband is under threat of perennial pain if he EVER tells his family about that. They'll go apeshit over it and we'll never hear the end of it.

• Like 1

For instance, when Europeans came into North America for the first time with their firearms, the native Americans thought it was magic/supernatural...until they were taught about them.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

-- Arthur C. Clarke

:sundog: :sundog: :sundog:

• Like 1