Ghosts/paranormal happenings? Who believes? Curious! :)

hobo73

I use to live in an old converted railroad house. My wife to be twice saw the apparition of a conductor, known from then on as Mr. Conductor. He had an old timey mustache, pocket watch- the whole getup. Both times it was in the 2-3AM range- paranormal prime time. Once was in the bedroom. She heard a belt move and thought it was me, but it was Mr. Conductor passing through. Freaked her out. Next time she saw him, she had just come out of the bathroom and saw someone standing in the livingroom. Again, she thought it was me and asked it what was I doing up. It looked at her, then turned away and drifted out of sight. :o

I never saw Mr. Conductor, but wait--

Years ago, an old female friend had stayed over a few times while visiting. She met my wife at a party a couple years ago and somehow they got to talking about my old railroad house in the woods, and my wife told her how she saw this Mr. Conductor twice. That lady friend of mine was stunned. She had seen him too! :o :o

This lady friend had never told me that she saw Mr. Conductor, because it was such a freeky occurance and she though I'd have thought of her as crazy! We were all like, whoa!!! Freeekay!

I've only had one paranormal experience. Me and an ex-GF were lying in bed, when all of a sudden the bedroom blinds go WOOSH- the slats go from open to close like a gust of wind grabbed them and shut them violently closed. The window was shut tight, however, so there was no breeze. I looked at her and said, you saw that too right? She had. :o

Farting in bed is so romantic...

:LOL: i didn't feel comfrotable farting around that ex. I should have known she wasn't the one. My wife? Sometimes she has to use her shirt as a gas mask. I love her :wub:

• Like 3

Lots of barn drama where I kept my horse has forced me to move her.

for the first time in 6 months, she is back to her sweet, kind, mellow self.

When I first moved her to the alcoholic barn, she was a basket case for two weeks straight. Way more time for her to acclimate than should have been needed. She's well traveled and can adapt to anywhere. One point, I had to tranq her to just get her moved from one pasture to another...

So, I had felt like there was death all over. Smells, the uneasy feelings, the feeling that some creep was watching you. Horse never settled in...

One night, I was there late to muck her stall and feed. Her head snapped up at the same time the cats hissed and scattered. Cat was everywhere!!! :LOL: The horse watched from her right all the way to her left as if someone that was super interesting was walking past her door, then back to the left again. She was snorting, shaking and I could literally hear her heart pounding. I got super cold and then felt the most unease I've felt in my life... There was something there...

Now that I have her moved, she is so happy and mellow again. I feel like I have my girl back again and I don't feel uneasy again. I had the urge to clean all my tack and equipment of the dirt from that place. When I moved her, I didn't even take her name plate that was custom made for her. I left it. I just wanted out.

The reason that I left in just a matter of days is because the barn owner verbally attacked me in front of my daughter which upset me and her. I don't like comforting my daughter because she's afraid I or the horse will be hurt. The barn manager was always knocked off her apples anyway...

So glad to be out of there. The new barn is full of positive energy. I love it. Horse is happy too. The old barn... eeeesh... :ph34r:

• Like 1

You know what I think is funny? People who don't believe in ghosts but have no problem in believing in a book written ages ago, which is about a guy parting the sea, a burning bush talking to Moses or resurrection! Seems highly metaphysical to me. ;)
  • Like 2

You know what I think is funny? People who don't believe in ghosts but have no problem in believing in a book written ages ago, which is about a guy parting the sea, a burning bush talking to Moses or resurrection! Seems highly metaphysical to me. ;)

Virtual hug, friend. Yes.

No, that's faith.

• Like 1

No, that's faith.

What's the difference? It's still believing in things that are not there.

• Like 1

No, that's faith.

What's the difference? It's still believing in things that are not there.

For a religious person it's trust in God where's there's not necessarily proof. This thread is not about that.

• Like 2

It's crazy that there are people that believe or have seen ghosts or anything paranormal. No such thing exists. It's all in your freaking heads! The earth, solar system, galaxy and the rest of the universe is moving at incredible speed. Energy like ghosts or whatever people are seeing cannot exist in an area lets say a house that someone died in. Impossible. Nothing can die and come back to life in some type of ghostly form. For f**k sake people it's in your head. Enough. Stop. What happens billions of years from now when humans have been gone for billions of years. Where do ghosts go then? Who do they haunt then? Do they stay on the planet until the sun swallows up the earth when it runs out of fuel and becomes a white dwarf star 10 miles in diameter? Do ghosts go somewhere else with the flip of a switch? Think people. Tons of scenarios. We all die and when you do you never existed. All memories gone. You never happenened. A sad fate yes. Oh well at least we lived.

It's crazy that there are people that believe or have seen ghosts or anything paranormal. No such thing exists. It's all in your freaking heads! The earth, solar system, galaxy and the rest of the universe is moving at incredible speed. Energy like ghosts or whatever people are seeing cannot exist in an area lets say a house that someone died in. Impossible. Nothing can die and come back to life in some type of ghostly form. For f**k sake people it's in your head. Enough. Stop. What happens billions of years from now when humans have been gone for billions of years. Where do ghosts go then? Who do they haunt then? Do they stay on the planet until the sun swallows up the earth when it runs out of fuel and becomes a white dwarf star 10 miles in diameter? Do ghosts go somewhere else with the flip of a switch? Think people. Tons of scenarios. We all die and when you do you never existed. All memories gone. You never happenened. A sad fate yes. Oh well at least we lived.

I appreciate your opinion, thank you :)

I believe differently, and kindly disagree. And that's OK =]

• Like 1

I've always been skeptical about ghosts and whatnot, and I've read that the human body can detect electromagnetic fields such as those that are produced by wiring in the wall and that the body's detection signal is a chill down the spine, so I'm pretty satisfied that that's what it is. That being said, I am Bible-believing Christian and I believe that God can live in your heart and so can the Devil, and that Angels and demons are real.

However, as a woodsman/outdoorsman/wilderness survival type, I do admit a fascination with Bigfoot. I don't go so far as belief, but I do have a "wouldn't it be cool if" feeling about it. I've read books and watch the documentaries about it (except for Finding Bigfoot, that Matt Moneymaker gets on my nerves with the way he talks down to everyone but I digress).

I've also had what may have been an encounter, but I just heard it and didn't see anything so I can't be sure.

Here's a copy of the report I sent to a Bigfoot research organization:

don't know if this was a bona fide encounter or not, but it was darned freaky.

This was in 2008 on February 23rd at about 9 PM. It was a clear night and about 55 degrees with fairly turbulent moderate winds, the type of weather you get when it seems a storm is blowing in but you get no precipitation. This was on my Father in law's family property near Baxley, Georgia, a very small town surrounded by a large temperate rainforest with swampy areas.

I was on a survival campout with my Father in law and three friends. We were all sitting around the fire, drinking coffee and chatting about this and that when my friend Bill stood up and asked "did you guys hear that"? Now Bill is one of the most alert guys I know, he has a nervous energy to him and is really tuned in to things that are out of the ordinary, I guess it's a holdover from his Army days as a tunnel rat in Viet Nam. We all stood up after Bill did and grabbed our weapons because there are wildcats, big hogs, and coyotes in the area. While grabbing our guns we asked Bill what he heard and right at that moment we heard movement off in the bush. This being February there were a lot of dead leaves on the ground. We all took up positions at the edge of the firelight and scanned around with our flashlights but whatever this was it was staying out of range of our lights. We heard it make a semicircle around part of the camp and we were all getting a bit nervous when all of a sudden it stopped moving and we all heard it go (and I'll do my best to spell it) "hahrrrooooomffffff" in kind of a cross between a growl and a loud exhalation. I'm not gonna lie, I chambered a round in my shotgun right then and there and everyone followed suit and chambered up or cocked their weapons. My Father in law (who lives in the area and is former Army Special Forces and a founding member of Delta Force so he's been what you'd call "around") said: "well I've never heard anything like that before!" Which of course didn't help our coffeed-up nervousness! My other friend Dan just yelled out: "Is anyone there? We're armed, identify yourself!" to which we got no response. My Father in law told us to form up side by side and face the direction where we last heard it and as soon as we did, it moved off at a fairly slow pace and was out of hearing range in about a minute. The rest of the night passed peacefully, but we still slept with our weapons at arm's reach. We looked for tracks or other signs the next morning but didn't find anything.

I have a roughly-estimated cumulative total of over 500 hours camping in all kinds of terrain from Alaska to Florida and several points between and I have never heard any kind of animal go "hahrrrooooomffffff" like this thing did. By the way, it did indeed sound like it was walking on two legs and not four, we all commented on that.

Maybe it was Turtle Man?..........oh wait..he's in Kentucky...

Never Mind

I remember all the shit I took when I told my UFO story. It was all true but most people refuse to believe in things of that nature if they have not seen.

Whatever, I know the paranormal exists. Its not an opinion thing, its a fact. and I have never personally experienced anything of its nature.

Tell me!!!! I'll believe you!!! I am neutral when it comes to UFOs, but am very open to most things.

:)

You sound like me- personally, I know for an absolute fact the paranormal exists. I understand why people don't, and respect it, but I KNOW it's real.

Again, loving the conversation! remember just keep things civil, guys :)

It's one of those areas where many people who have never had any kind of supernatural experience absolutely refuse to believe in the possibility of such things existing, no matter how many people they love and trust and know aren't lying tell them about their own personal experiences. I do question the term supernatural, however, for things that are considered supernatural can also be considered natural when they become part of your experience.

Some people who have never had any kind of experience will still believe out of faith, and that can be a nice thing. Really, however, what people truly want is the EXPERIENCE of more than this physical body existing, as that's definitely infinitely preferable than taking things on faith. Sometimes until you get there, faith is necessary. I would say for those who do have faith to pray to know, not just in theory or faith or belief, but to have an experience or experiences that you cannot deny. Asking someone who doesn't have faith or belief to pray, however, is unrealistic. And, of course, it's fine to have the point of view on that nothing beyond our body and physical reality and this life exists if that's where you're at. I encourage people to try meditation - again, it can be a tough sell if you're a complete unbeliever and not open to more than the physical existing. That said, even if nothing else meditation is proven to help with health and relaxation.

In the end, things are the way they are whether we believe in them or not. A good friend of mine once memorably said, "I don't believe in reincarnation, and I didn't in any of my past lives either." ;)

• Like 1

It's funny how a thread like this will always bring a couple of people who MUST insist why this is all nonsense. So what if it is? As long as people show respect for one another I can care less if someone thinks there are still iced aliens in area 51 as well.

• Like 2

It's funny how a thread like this will always bring a couple of people who MUST insist why this is all nonsense. So what if it is? As long as people show respect for one another I can care less if someone thinks there are still iced aliens in area 51 as well.

I'm amazed at how someone can hear someone talk about their experience they had that was clear as day to them and essentially tell them they're hallucinating or it's in their head because it simply can't exist according to their belief system. It seems so easy to do that, but if I then told that person, who say always talked about their experiences with their friend Bill, that they must be making that up or it's in their head because I don't believe Bill exists, they would be incredulous as they talk to their friend Bill all the time. They would of course say, yes, but that's different, Bill is a real person. Exactly, and these experiences people have are just as real for them. To say they can't have happened is not only disrespectful of that person's reality, but as patently ridiculous to the one who had the experience as it would be for me to say that Bill is a figment of your overactive imagination.

• Like 1

Has there ever been any concrete proof that ghosts exist? Proof that every single person can see and experience with their own eyes. A place one can visit to see this form of energy. The smoking gun. So obvious it leaves no doubt what so ever. If ghosts exist there should be tons and tons of evidence for all to see. Yet there is no proof such things exist. If it did everyone would believe.
  • Like 1

Has there ever been any concrete proof that ghosts exist? Proof that every single person can see and experience with their own eyes. A place one can visit to see this form of energy. The smoking gun. So obvious it leaves no doubt what so ever. If ghosts exist there should be tons and tons of evidence for all to see. Yet there is no proof such things exist. If it did everyone would believe.

I really don't have any particular fascination with ghosts, even though I believe in God and a lot of things supernatural, but it's a tough area. Anything supernatural that can't be proven scientifically will be something skeptics will refuse to believe. And then what if it's something that some are sensitive enough in a certain way to perceive and others are not? That too isn't scientifically universally provable, so if you're a skeptic or unbeliever or not sensitive in that way, it still won't be good enough for you.

There is a lot of evidence out there of a lot of things, but I've seen people who don't believe in the supernatural come up with all kinds of crazy explanations and reasons why they refuse to believe something exists if they simply refuse to believe it exists. Their own mother could come up to them and tell them they saw a UFO and went flying around in their ship and she'd just be having an episode or a hallucination or thought a dream actually really happened or they'll come up with any reason to disbelieve it.

I would even go as far to say that if a UFO suddenly appeared in the sky, a person who refused to believe it probably wouldn't even see it because its existence disagreed so violently with their belief system that they couldn't acknowledge its existence. Or if they did see it, they would immediately suppress the memory of it into their subconscious and literally not consciously remember it. In fact, I'm sure this happens all the time with the supernatural. We're surrounded by the supernatural all the time and most of the time we don't even know it. Or what we call natural and just part of our experience might be considered supernatural to another person's subjective point of view about reality.

Then again, for those who don't believe this will all be nonsense, or you'll just say, "so the answer then is no?" Yes, the answer is no - it's not provable in a way that will satisfy you, at least not yet. A lot of people believed the earth was flat until we could fly above it and see that it truly wasn't. It doesn't mean it was ever flat, however.

Edited by rushgoober
  • Like 1

Has there ever been any concrete proof that ghosts don't exist? You could learn to get along with all the things you don't know. ;)

• Like 3

I don't want to be skeptical. I would love to see a ghost or have a close encounter of the third kind. That would make my life complete. I would love to live in a house with ghosts. That would be thrilling! I mean if the ghosts were to annoying and kept me up at night would be bad. I wouldn't dig that. But the occasional out of know where haunt would be awesome. I don't like being a realist. But it's the obvious choice to live life and not freaking kid yourself. God nope. Not real at all. It be nice to believe in god and go to this heaven place. But here is a very dark and deep question. Do you want to live forever in gods kingdom of whatever it entails. Imagine existing for 1,000,000 times the power of 1,000,000 years. That's nothing compared to forever! I mean there is no time in forever. It's just one moment forever. Impossible to fathom. It's Friday. Happy Friday.

Watched the conjuring the other day. Piece of shit movie that insults the intelligence of humans. Based on true events? WTF! I know the movies like to spice things up but come on. I never watch movies like that but I was over someone's house and it was on. We all were laughing our asses off. Dumb people writing dumb movies. What happened to people. To actually believe in this ghost shit is beyond reality. Way way the f**k out there. Your a complete idiot if you believe in ghosts or anything slightly out of the typical ordinary. Perplexing people believe in anything remotely supernatural. If it exists it would be happening at all times. And everywhere. People's minds make this shit up cause of there wishful thinking minds. It's not their fault. Some people are just not smart and have common sense. Hope my doctor, dentist, ER nurse, car mechanic and so forth are normal. Imagine the horror of anyone on this planet believes for a shatter of a second that the conjuring events are real or transpired. Just one event happened from the flick. Scary the human race is getting dumb real fast. Holy crap folks! Exorcism! What!!?!? You say a few holy words. Demond be gone. And it's that easy. I love it!

Logic should tell you if there is a physical realm we can feel smell and touch in all its complexity, there is a supernatural realm we can't that is all too real. If that makes no sense to you ask yourself why?

Logic would actually tell us that is a non sequitur. An equivalent way to write that statement: If A=A Then there is a supernatural realm. Maybe there is, but your statement doesn't demonstrate anything but faith that there is.

Too much evidence to feel otherwise. The supernatural is a real entity and one not to be messed with.

In 50+ years I've seen no evidence whatsoever. Not a shred. Maybe demons fear me. Maybe possessing me is redundant. Maybe they don't want me on the team. It's a mystery I'll spend no time at all trying to solve.
  • Like 1