MY REVIEW!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

hobo73

It's long, but I don't care!!! I am FLOATING today. On cloud 9. hehehe, my Rush concert cherry has been broken bahahaha. ;)

first let me say- skeeter, it was AWESOME meeting you and your daughter!!! :D

Jeff and I got to summerfest around 2 so we could check out Animation. They were actually really good! Yes, there were times when their equipment messed up/keyboards drowned out the vocals, but overall it was very good. Jeff was horrified the bassist was using a "f*cking PICK. UGH." hahaha.

I got an awesome new Rush tour shirt and concert prgram. 20 bucks, WELL WORTH IT! That's the best program ever lol. It's like a book! Not like most shows I go to where I'm like "UM...you want HOW MUCH for THAT?!" hahaha.

we got to our seats 30 mins. before showtime. We had bleacher seats but we had a PERFECT view of the stage. Unobstructed. We saw everything. =D

A lady sitting directly behind me was TRASHED. In that half hour before the show, she chugged 2 more beers 0_o

.....In the middle of the 2nd set, she fell smack on her face, burst into tears and her boyfriend had to half carry/half drag her out of there. Sucks for him lol.

I am not ashamed to say, I shrieked when they came onstage haha. AND OMG THEY PLAYED THE SETLIST I WANTED!!!!! THE BODY ELECTRIC AND BRAVADO!!!!!!! THE SPIRIT OF RADIO!!!!! AGHHH!!!!!!!

Ahem. Sorry. =D

I was SO HAPPY to see so much material from Presto and HYF live. Ugh. Amazing.

They sounded pretty damn good the 1st set, but after they came back from intermission with the string section- HOLY MOLY. It was like a whole new band. They gave us our money's worth a hundred times over. =0

They were flawless. And I have to give it to the string section, I ended up watching them a LOT. Love how they were headbanging while playing lol. Extremely talented bunch. <3

The guy on violin far stage left kept giving it away whenever a firework or flames were about to go off, because he'd cringe and jog over to the middle of the riser lmao. =P

That 2nd set....oh my god......wow. Wow.

LOVED the video that kicked it off!! hehehe Rush gnomes!!! we were laughing so hard watching it hahaha.

When The Wreckers started, in my head I was like "hold it together...don't cry....DON'T CRY....." I started tearing up and tried SO HARD, but....nope. by the end of the song I had tears streaming down my face. It was so gorgeous.

I turned to Jeff like "OMG I'm so embarrassed! I'm crying!!!" and he just said "It was beautiful. It's OK." :)

But I have to say, The Garden was the highlight for me, personally. beautiful.

I LOVE the CA album, but seeing it live brought it to a whole different level for me. I will NEVER listen to it the same way again.

I was really happy to hear that some of the "deep cuts" got more applause than Tom Sawyer lol. When neil's 3rd drum solo gave way to red Sector A, I immediately looked over at Jeff and his face lit up in a way I've only seen a couple times before :)

I. JAMMED. to that song.

I went all "concert nerd" during TSOR- clapped and did the chicken hand-dance thing haha. And screamed when he sang CONCERT HALL!!!!!

Overall, on a scale from 1 to 10, that show gets a 200 from me. And you know what? All those "geddy's vocals" haters out there can SUCK IT!!!! He hit a lot of high notes and held them throughout the show, he sounded awesome!!! That man can still sing. Y'all are crazy lmao.

They sounded absolutely perfect, and again, I bow down to the very talented string section. They really added a lot to an already-kickass show, everyone onstage couldn't have been more perfect!!!!

Also, it was fantastic to see Neil's lack of expression live.

-__- (Neil drumming)

lol

Here's me in the hotel room after the show, glowing and very content in my new Rush tour shirt!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e337/hobo73/IMG_0860.jpg

I'm still in awe.

Rush, you are fantastic. worth so much more than we paid. <3

• Like 19

Also awesome to see a woman in her 90s in her wheelchair, in a Rush shirt and rocking out hahaha
  • Like 2

Hobo,

Glad you had such a great time! I was thinking about you last night because I remembered you were going!

Now you are officially hooked. You can never pass up another tour!

Cheers,

frippy

• Like 2

I will NEVER pass them up again if I can help it!

I feel the same way...as I've said, the drought I had between shows was just entirely too long.

I haven't posted my own review of the Cincinnati show, but it would be sort of old news to do that now, wouldn't it?? Anyway, I also thought Geddy sounded fantastic (and as for Alex and Neil it goes without saying, but some people seem to be upset that Geddy doesn't sound like 1978 anymore. Whatever! He's the man).

Anyway...so glad to hear that it was everything you could have wanted and more... :)

• Like 2

And you know what? All those "geddy's vocals" haters out there can SUCK IT!!!!

:goodone: :goodone: :goodone:

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

• Like 2

Wow so happy you had a great time. We saw them in Buffalo and I told Dh we are gonna hit as many CA shows as we can manage we love the songs and the strings live just put it over the top!

My first Rush concert was in 1987 on the Hold Your Fire tour, and I still remember it vividly. Actually, it was a lot lije the first set of this show. I think they probably played half of Power Windows, too.

:LOL:

Once they started The Body Electric I just about shit myself! I was just that excited. And the fact I got to share the night with my dad was even more sweeter. Hopefully this isn't the last time we see them.
  • Like 1

Here's me in the hotel room after the show, glowing and very content in my new Rush tour shirt!

I'm still in awe.

Glowing? Methinks you're outshining the sun..... :ebert: :ebert:

• Like 1

aww hehe thank you :D

Oh yes. At one point the guy behind us started saying he and his wife conceived their first child to Rush. Jeff turned to him and said "Hey! Us, too!"

I added "I was listening to La Villa Strangiato when I went into labor, and played Rush in the delivery room. Jeff was wearing his Rush shirt when she was born, he made absolute sure."

The guy couldn't believe it lol then I said "If our next baby is a boy, we're naming him Geddy" (which is true).

hahaha this guy was like "NO FREAKING WAY DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR WIFE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!" hahahahahaha

• Like 1

Glad you broke your cherry...what took so long? lol

Guess I'm a late bloomer! what's so wrong with waiting? ;) :P

I always feel pervy making innuendos. haha.

Glad you broke your cherry...what took so long? lol

Guess I'm a late bloomer! what's so wrong with waiting? ;) :P

Clearly, you did the right thing. You waited until they stopped playing a lot of that overrated and annoying 70's material..... ;) ;)

It's long, but I don't care!!! I am FLOATING today. On cloud 9. hehehe, my Rush concert cherry has been broken bahahaha. ;)

first let me say- skeeter, it was AWESOME meeting you and your daughter!!! :D

Jeff and I got to summerfest around 2 so we could check out Animation. They were actually really good! Yes, there were times when their equipment messed up/keyboards drowned out the vocals, but overall it was very good. Jeff was horrified the bassist was using a "f*cking PICK. UGH." hahaha.

I got an awesome new Rush tour shirt and concert prgram. 20 bucks, WELL WORTH IT! That's the best program ever lol. It's like a book! Not like most shows I go to where I'm like "UM...you want HOW MUCH for THAT?!" hahaha.

we got to our seats 30 mins. before showtime. We had bleacher seats but we had a PERFECT view of the stage. Unobstructed. We saw everything. =D

A lady sitting directly behind me was TRASHED. In that half hour before the show, she chugged 2 more beers 0_o

.....In the middle of the 2nd set, she fell smack on her face, burst into tears and her boyfriend had to half carry/half drag her out of there. Sucks for him lol.

I am not ashamed to say, I shrieked when they came onstage haha. AND OMG THEY PLAYED THE SETLIST I WANTED!!!!! THE BODY ELECTRIC AND BRAVADO!!!!!!! THE SPIRIT OF RADIO!!!!! AGHHH!!!!!!!

Ahem. Sorry. =D

I was SO HAPPY to see so much material from Presto and HYF live. Ugh. Amazing.

They sounded pretty damn good the 1st set, but after they came back from intermission with the string section- HOLY MOLY. It was like a whole new band. They gave us our money's worth a hundred times over. =0

They were flawless. And I have to give it to the string section, I ended up watching them a LOT. Love how they were headbanging while playing lol. Extremely talented bunch. <3

The guy on violin far stage left kept giving it away whenever a firework or flames were about to go off, because he'd cringe and jog over to the middle of the riser lmao. =P

That 2nd set....oh my god......wow. Wow.

LOVED the video that kicked it off!! hehehe Rush gnomes!!! we were laughing so hard watching it hahaha.

When The Wreckers started, in my head I was like "hold it together...don't cry....DON'T CRY....." I started tearing up and tried SO HARD, but....nope. by the end of the song I had tears streaming down my face. It was so gorgeous.

I turned to Jeff like "OMG I'm so embarrassed! I'm crying!!!" and he just said "It was beautiful. It's OK." :)

But I have to say, The Garden was the highlight for me, personally. beautiful.

I LOVE the CA album, but seeing it live brought it to a whole different level for me. I will NEVER listen to it the same way again.

I was really happy to hear that some of the "deep cuts" got more applause than Tom Sawyer lol. When neil's 3rd drum solo gave way to red Sector A, I immediately looked over at Jeff and his face lit up in a way I've only seen a couple times before :)

I. JAMMED. to that song.

I went all "concert nerd" during TSOR- clapped and did the chicken hand-dance thing haha. And screamed when he sang CONCERT HALL!!!!!

Overall, on a scale from 1 to 10, that show gets a 200 from me. And you know what? All those "geddy's vocals" haters out there can SUCK IT!!!! He hit a lot of high notes and held them throughout the show, he sounded awesome!!! That man can still sing. Y'all are crazy lmao.

They sounded absolutely perfect, and again, I bow down to the very talented string section. They really added a lot to an already-kickass show, everyone onstage couldn't have been more perfect!!!!

Also, it was fantastic to see Neil's lack of expression live.

-__- (Neil drumming)

lol

I'm still in awe.

Agree. One of the greatest songs ever written in the history of civilization, IMHO.
  • Like 1

LMAO

Sounds like something out of a Monty Python skit. I've never understood why people get so rip-roarin' drunk that they can't or aren't able to enjoy the event that they spent good money on. I'd be PO'd if after the tix purchase, wait, etc. I woke up the next day to find out it had come and gone and all I remember is paying for parking.

• Like 1