should the guys go gray?

hcm

I've been thinking about this lately. Well, not like I'm spending serious mental processes on this subject, but I've given it a passing thought or two.

They are all starting to get to the age where non-gray hair is starting to become a little unbelievable and even a bit silly. I'd mentioned this earlier, but how long has Geddy been colouring his hair? I've only given it thought recently, in the past few years, but really, he could have been doing it since his forties, so back in the mid-90's. And I've only noticed now. ;)

I don't think I'd like to see them - and Geddy in particular because of his abundant mane of hair - still sporting obviously dyed hair into their seventies; it's hard to reconcile someone of that age with hair that has no gray, it just looks artificial, especially when there are other obvious signs of aging, like getting wrinkles and stuff. Having said that, the Rush boys look good as they are right now. None of them 'look old' to the point that their non-gray hair makes them look silly, or trying to vainly cling to the past. Time will still march forward, though, and there will come a time when they'll have to concede to a more natural gray, or risk appearing like caricatures of themselves.

I do like Geddy's brown hair. He has some rare, gorgeous hair, and I think he realizes it's one of his trademarks, and to lose his trademark brown would be a big change for him, I think. He's had the same style for the past 20 years - a style that is very good on him - and changing it would maybe change his image a bit. Also, going gray would be a kind of point-of-no-return in the aging of Rush - an indication that they are getting older, and the public would subconsciously pick up on that, would understand that Rush is getting older and would maybe then hold age-related issues to them, such as getting arthritis and slowing down and things like that. I think Rush is riding a momentum and shifting to appearing older would contradict that.

So, that turned into a bit of an essay. Well, give me a Rush subject, and I'll go with it! :D I think the boys look handsome as they are, but there will come a time soon that they'll kind of have to stop covering up the gray. I, for one, will continue to ogle Geddy's hair while I can! :P

my husband gets angry when white hairs pop up in his beard/hair. He plucks them- I get angry when he plucks them lmao

I'm not sure how I feel about it for sure. I would say as long as it doesn't look silly for them to be dying their hair then why not? Gray hair does age a person's looks. The fact that they are in the public eye would influence how they want their image to be. I just wish Alex would take better care of himself and lose some weight. He's getting chunkier and chunkier as this tour goes on. Edited by EagleMoon

my husband gets angry when white hairs pop up in his beard/hair. He plucks them- I get angry when he plucks them lmao

Why, oh why? The last years stress gave me grey hair on the side of my head. I was so happy. Now I fear they have vanished cause I have a hard time finding them.

I'm gonna be a Silverfox to the point I'll have to beat the ladies off me with a stick. Don't guys know chicks dig it? :codger:

Gray can be very sexy. Just look at that one string player this tour. You just gotta own it. I could totally go for a mane of silver on Geddy that would kick off a whole 'nother fantasy. ..lol
  • Like 2

Gray can be very sexy. Just look at that one string player this tour. You just gotta own it. I could totally go for a mane of silver on Geddy that would kick off a whole 'nother fantasy. ..lol

Hell, yes! :drool:

How old is he?

You don't have to be a geezer to have grey hair. A good percentage of my facial hair began turning grey when I was in my mid-20's.

• Like 1

How old is he?

You don't have to be a geezer to have grey hair. A good percentage of my facial hair began turning grey when I was in my mid-20's.

My hubby started losing his hair in his 20s. He knew it was coming, just looked at his uncles on his mother's side. Genetics.

I'm 35 and I have lots of gray hair, that is when my best friend isn't trying to pull them out of my head XD

I'm 35 and I have lots of gray hair, that is when my best friend isn't trying to pull them out of my head XD

I'm 31, and I've never given a thought to grey hair! (How is it spelled, BTW? Gray, or grey? I dunno...) Some of my friends are getting grey hairs, and one went completely grey at 27. Wonder what causes it....

I suppose the guys in the band could go au naturel by now, sure...but 'should' they is a different question. I certainly don't think the fans would abandon them...

I started going grey in my beard first, and I just shaved it off late last year (not because of the greys; it's just that I had it for fifteen years and I wanted a change)...the hair is getting more and more that way, which really doesn't bother me. The thinning bothers me a little more, but I'm not vain enough to do anything about that, either. I'm just happy I still have some, hahahaha. (My six year old son told me that the last time I got my hair cut, too, a few weeks ago- "I'm glad you still have SOME hair, Daddy." HAHAHAHAHA! He's a funny one).

• Like 1

How old is he?

My hubby started losing his hair in his 20s. He knew it was coming, just looked at his uncles on his mother's side. Genetics.

Mine isn't falling out. If my male relatives are an indicator I've got another 15-20 years before that happens.

The strange thing is that the hair on my head isn't turning grey, just facial hair. I used to ridicule my older brother when it happened to him in his twenties —then it happened to me! :(