I feel SO BAD for my mother in law. Ugh. Good thoughts her way, please.

hobo73

Last night a weird number called our home, and after mom hung up I heard her cry and all that.

Tomorrow my in laws are making an emergency trip to Nevada, mom's brother suddenly has to have emergency surgery. She was basically told come out ASAP because it's really not looking good.

=/

Mom is best friends with her brother, and this will completely crush her if he does pass.

5 years ago, one of her sons had a heart attack and passed away at age 41. 2 years after that, her mom died. Now this?

She's had enough death in her family. I feel awful for her.

I'll be a wreck because I love my mother in law to death and back, and if she's upset, I'm upset.

She's been pretty much walking around in a daze. They're looking at flights now.

Ugh. idk. Just please, good thoughts and vibes her way, please <3

I'm best friend with my brother, too, and don't even want to imagine what it'd feel like to lose him.

Hobo Your in my thoughts in Prayers. Its wonderful so have such a strong relationships with your family...But oh so hard when we see them getting older and failing.

Friends come and friends go but your family is your family! I sure love mine and need them ! :rose:

Oh man, that's rough!

Biggest hugs and prayers to all...

:hug2: :rose: :hug2:

I wish them well, hobo...so sorry to hear that you're going through so much shite right now. (Yes, 'shite'- that was intentional. The e is like an asterisk of emphasis).

I made it to the hospital in time to say goodbye to my brother, even though he was pretty much already gone. And I just lost my sister, too, almost five years ago. I don't need to tell you, those relationships are to be cherished. Be grateful for every day and every conversation you get.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

:hug2: :heart:

sorry for no replies, I've really just been trying NOT to think about it all. The air around here has been thick, I always hide in my little shell when it comes to death/serious illness within the family.

At 2:30 this morning we drove mom and dad to the airport, they originally were leaving Tuesday to see great Uncle Norm, but got the call that it'd be wise for them to take the next available flight out =/

Norm was officially upgraded to critical condition, and things are not looking good, unfortunately.

They'll be gone for a month. My daughter's very upset because she doesn't understand WHY her grandparents will be gone for quite a while, so she's taking it a little hard =/

But to get her mind off of things, we're planning a big BBQ at the house with my brother and our good friend Phil. Lucy won't know who to hang out with- Phil or her "guncle"!! LOL. Ought to be really fun :)

sorry for no replies, I've really just been trying NOT to think about it all. The air around here has been thick, I always hide in my little shell when it comes to death/serious illness within the family.

At 2:30 this morning we drove mom and dad to the airport, they originally were leaving Tuesday to see great Uncle Norm, but got the call that it'd be wise for them to take the next available flight out =/

Norm was officially upgraded to critical condition, and things are not looking good, unfortunately.

They'll be gone for a month. My daughter's very upset because she doesn't understand WHY her grandparents will be gone for quite a while, so she's taking it a little hard =/

But to get her mind off of things, we're planning a big BBQ at the house with my brother and our good friend Phil. Lucy won't know who to hang out with- Phil or her "guncle"!! LOL. Ought to be really fun :)

Hobo,

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Take care,

frippy