NFL pussies compared to the real men of Rugby

Tony R

http://youtu.be/o7GWGHTkMlM

This young New Zealander Rugby Union player takes a massive hit and hardly bats an eyelid. No padding, helmet or steroid-enhanced body, just hard as rock.

He should have seen him coming, the crowd saw him coming 50 yards away!

The hit was late and besides any hesitation and the play would have broken down.

I played football in high school and Rugby in college (and some club). Both are very high contact. Incidentally, if you don't believe that many top Union players are on steroids, you are deluding yourselves.

BTW, since this thread appears to be about toughness, manhood and other silliness, both Football players and Rugby players are pussies compared to MMA fighters. .

I played football in high school and Rugby in college (and some club). Both are very high contact. Incidentally, if you don't believe that many top Union players are on steroids, you are deluding yourselves.

BTW, since this thread appears to be about toughness, manhood and other silliness, both Football players and Rugby players are pussies compared to MMA fighters. .

I never let the truth get in the way of a good story, you should know that by now.

This young New Zealander Rugby Union player takes a massive hit and hardly bats an eyelid. No padding, helmet or steroid-enhanced body, just hard as rock.

It is interesting that some of those interested in player safety and reducing concussions in the NFL advocate for the banning or severe reduction in the size, weight, and construction of helmets, as a) they would cause more care in leading with the head, and b ) less damage on contact.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johntamny/2012/05/27/memo-to-the-nfl-to-reduce-concussions-ban-football-helmets/2/

Those rugby players are smaller, thinner, not as muscle-bound.....more pliable, elastic.....more LIMP........they can withstand a force like that and bounce right up..... ;) ;)

If that's a big hit in rugby then then they should avoid playing American football. Hits like that are in every game. I don't need to hear about the padding. Anyone who goes to the pad card is someone that has not seen, touched or worn the pads from American football. They don't do much.

If that's a big hit in rugby then then they should avoid playing American football. Hits like that are in every game. I don't need to hear about the padding. Anyone who goes to the pad card is someone that has not seen, touched or worn the pads from American football. They don't do much.

...except encourage players to hit harder...

Those rugby players are smaller, thinner, not as muscle-bound.....more pliable, elastic.....more LIMP........they can withstand a force like that and bounce right up..... ;) ;)

They are kids.

The average NZ international rugby player would eat anything from the NFL for breakfast.

These are kids.

See my post above.

They are kids.

The average NZ international rugby player would eat anything from the NFL for breakfast.

Well, the money's good, so why aren't they over here playing for the big bucks?

• Like 1

They are kids.

Typical American sports ethos. You don't get it do you?

They are kids.

Typical American sports ethos. You don't get it do you?

No, probably not. :)

I never let the truth get in the way of a good story, you should know that by now.

:D

This is bullshit. I watched football players whither and die during tackling drills on a Rugby pitch. So many neck injuries in US Rugby because you can not lead with your head when you don't have a helmet on. And pads make a huge difference.

They are kids.

Guys, c'mon. Neither the NFL nor Rugby has any exclusivity of toughness or athleticism. Both sports have amazing athletes and anyone at or near the top of either sport is very tough.

Jonah Lomu could certainly have been an elite football player. Adrian Peterson could have been a freak of a Rugby player.

This is bullshit. I watched football players whither and die during tackling drills on a Rugby pitch. So many neck injuries in US Rugby because you can not lead with your head when you don't have a helmet on. And pads make a huge difference.

I guess you need to enlighten us how helmets stop players from having next injuries since they don't. Only thing helmets are trying to do is reduce head injuries. Plenty of players have sustained neck injuries with helmets. As far as my comment being bullshit my point is if that particular hit is considered a big hit I'm not impressed.

I guess you need to enlighten us how helmets stop players from having next injuries since they don't. Only thing helmets are trying to do is reduce head injuries. Plenty of players have sustained neck injuries with helmets. As far as my comment being bullshit my point is if that particular hit is considered a big hit I'm not impressed.

They are kids!!!

They are kids!!!

And there's an old man in this thread!

Helmets don't stop all concussions but take 'em off and see what happens. Perhaps you should learn a bit about Rugby beyond a sample size of one video before you form an opinion?

Helmets don't stop all concussions but take 'em off and see what happens. Perhaps you should learn a bit about Rugby beyond a sample size of one video before you form an opinion?

Don't worry about Ancient Ways, we have no use for him.

Don't worry about Ancient Ways, we have no use for him.

Your world is doing fine?

Heard all this pansy pussy talk about NFL players a bilion times and real men rugby players with cocks hanging down to their ankles. Both types of athletes take hard hits at the pro AND collegiate level. Ripping on yank footballers doesn't make rugby players tougher
  • Like 1

These are kids.

See my post above.

So, the real men of Rugby are just.. kids. Interesting.

:LOL: