Which Full Album Would Your Rather Hear Live?

Pars123

Which full album would you rather hear live?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Which full album would your rather hear live?

• Rush
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemipsheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback
    • Snakes and Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

Presto was the album that got me into Rush, but since my first concert (VT tour), they've only played 2 songs off it (The Pass and Presto)

To hear

Show Don't Tell

Chain Lightning

War Paint

Scars

Superconductor (Yes I love that song :madra: )

Anagram

Red Tide

Hand Over Fist

Available Light

live for the first time.. sheer ecstacy :sundog:

Edited by Pause Rewind Replay
  • Like 3

My number one choice would be Hemispheres...but I don't think that would be doable vocally

So http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/fighting/fighting0010.gifPeWPeWPeWPeWPeWPeW

• Like 8

Easy for me -- Hemipsheres (sic). Would have died to see them live at that time but I was a 7th grader living in the great white north of Dakota so it wasn't happening.
  • Like 1

I picked Presto simply because they've only done about half of that album live throughout the tours. Same can be said with a lot of albums post Power Windows.

I wouldn't want to hear an album like Hemispheres live simply because they've done the whole album (not at once, but throughout their history) before.

With umpteen live albums and DVDs that this band has put out (to which I am thankful), I'm more interested in a plethora of deep cuts that they've never played.

Clem

• Like 1

I'd like to hear any full album from Caress to Signals (save MP) live. But as we know Geddy can no longer sing alot of the older material. Therefore, I'd like to hear Signals in its entirety (actually wish we couldve had more signals songs than PoW songs in the CA setlist considering its 30th ann and all -- they always rate PoW too high, IMO).

Signals is also my favorite rush album of all time...

• Like 1

The problem with Signals being played in entirety live is how ironically misplaced "Countdown" would seem, what with the shuttle program dead. Unless Richard Branson played along with them. That might give it some context.
  • Like 1

Power Windows for sure, though this tour is probably the closest I will get to it.
  • Like 1

If we could give Geddy some bionic vocal cords, I'd love to hear Hemispheres again. But since that wont happen I'd settle for Signals. :)
  • Like 1

SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR YET!!!

The way I look at it, I got to see pretty much all of CA this tour, MP last tour, and pretty much all of S&A on that tour. Also, between CA and TM pretty much all of Power Windows.

That alone is pretty awesome to me, considering my first tour was 2008. I'd be happy to see any whole album but at this point, I'd say Presto or Hold Your Fire I think. I feel there's a lot of good stuff on Presto, I've been getting into it a lot more lately, and I think it could translate REALLY well live. Hold Your Fire I've seen a bunch of songs off of, would mainly want it for Prime Mover/Lock & Key/Open Secrets.

• Like 1

Hold Your Fire, no doubt about it. Although 2112 would be good too.

Yep (Hold Your Fire)! Or Signals (my second fave album). In fact, there was hope they'd play this album in entirety last year to celebrate its 30 year anniversary.

Edited by circumstantial tree
  • Like 2

Hold Your Fire, no doubt about it. Although 2112 would be good too.

Yep (Hold Your Fire)! Or Signals (my second fave album). In fact, there was hope they'd play this album in entirety last year to celebrate its 30 year anniversary.

Too bad it didn't come true. I was really hoping to finally hear Losing it Live! Oh well! :(

• Like 1

Even though I would rather hear Hemispheres, I voted for Permanent Waves since I feel they're more capable of pulling it off considering Geddy's voice and such.

This covers it for me too.

• Like 2