Mika's 'Getting Ready for Geddy' thread!

motivation inspiration de-fluffication Geddycation wait - what?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

Ok so I see that people haven't really been posting in here but wanted to see how everybody was doing "Getting Ready for Geddy."

I'm not doing so well personally. I've gained more weight and have been yo-yo-ing but not making much progress.

Soooooooo I've decided that I am going to be juicing for Geddy!

I just printed out the 15 day 'reboot' and it was free. I'm going grocery shopping tonight (or tomorrow) and I think I will be starting on Wednesday, which is my next day off.

When I last saw Geddy I was wearing a short white dress and in Spanx, well, it was my first time ever wearing that brand of Spanx and I sat there in the first row in front of him and Alex and couldn't stop fidgeting with my skirt and my Spanx because they kept riding up my legs. I'm pretty sure the guys got the impression I was on meth or something.

Anyway...

Last time I saw them in concert I was wearing size 6 skinnies. They were a bit on the snug side. Now I won't even say what size I am in. At this point I'd be happy just to wear the skinnies I wore last year on my "Rushmoon". So that is the goal ladies! Size 6 skinnies again!

Sponsored Post

#62 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24273 posts
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 08 July 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

Ok so I see that people haven't really been posting in here but wanted to see how everybody was doing "Getting Ready for Geddy."

I'm not doing so well personally. I've gained more weight and have been yo-yo-ing but not making much progress.

I just printed out the 15 day 'reboot' and it was free. I'm going grocery shopping tonight (or tomorrow) and I think I will be starting on Wednesday, which is my next day off.

When I last saw Geddy I was wearing a short white dress and in Spanx, well, it was my first time ever wearing that brand of Spanx and I sat there in the first row in front of him and Alex and couldn't stop fidgeting with my skirt and my Spanx because they kept riding up my legs. I'm pretty sure the guys got the impression I was on meth or something.

Anyway...

Last time I saw them in concert I was wearing size 6 skinnies. They were a bit on the snug side. Now I won't even say what size I am in. At this point I'd be happy just to wear the skinnies I wore last year on my "Rushmoon". So that is the goal ladies! Size 6 skinnies again!

I got a Nutribullet last week and love it.  I can easily replace two meals with it.

#63 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

View PostSheldon Cooper, on 08 July 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

Anyway...

I got a Nutribullet last week and love it.  I can easily replace two meals with it.

What are you making with it?

#64 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24273 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 08 July 2013 - 11:22 PM, said:

Anyway...

My goto right now is to use an 11 oz protein shake from Premier Protein.  It has 30 grams of protein, 160 calories, and 1 gram of sugar.  I add a banana, 10 blackberries, 10 red seedless grapes, and about 25 blueberries.  I've also made them with less fruit but add kale, or baby spinach leaves, or mixed greens.  I could probably use only 1/2 banana and substitute the kale or spinach.

Anyway, the shakes are really good.  I mean, when your base is a good tasting vanilla protein shake, and then you are adding fruit, it's gonna be good.  Even with kale and spinach, you don't really taste them.  They get pulverized in the blending.

#65 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

View PostSheldon Cooper, on 08 July 2013 - 11:40 PM, said:

Anyway...

My goto right now is to use an 11 oz protein shake from Premier Protein.  It has 30 grams of protein, 160 calories, and 1 gram of sugar.  I add a banana, 10 blackberries, 10 red seedless grapes, and about 25 blueberries.  I've also made them with less fruit but add kale, or baby spinach leaves, or mixed greens.  I could probably use only 1/2 banana and substitute the kale or spinach.

Anyway, the shakes are really good.  I mean, when your base is a good tasting vanilla protein shake, and then you are adding fruit, it's gonna be good.  Even with kale and spinach, you don't really taste them.  They get pulverized in the blending.

Yeah I'll be blending coconut, spinach, banana, and blueberry in a couple of days. Sounds good!

#66 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24273 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 08 July 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

View PostSheldon Cooper, on 08 July 2013 - 11:40 PM, said:

Anyway...

Yeah I'll be blending coconut, spinach, banana, and blueberry in a couple of days. Sounds good!

I'm supposed to use water to blend, and I should try it once to see how it is.  The reason I use the shake is so I can get that 30 grams of protein in there.

#67 Mika

Mika

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:48 PM

Love adding greens to smoothies. I've been adding lots of weeds lately, like alfalfa, chickweed, and lambsquarters, since they just happen to grow in abundance around here, are free, and are nutritionally-dense. It's true - if you start with a great-tasting base, like bananas, french-vanilla yogurt, yummy protein powder, whatever, this overrides the flavour of the greens! And these smoothies are such a lovely green colour, too. I like green. In fact, I have a bass that's green. I've never seen one of this green before, and I just had to have it.

#68 Mika

Mika

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

My bright, optimistic dreams of getting in shape and everything have kind of ended up in the pooper. I got blindsided by all the dramatic work stuff, and got depressed, and haven't recovered from this yet; I don't feel like getting my butt in gear, which I know isn't the best way to get through everything. I've been kind of mopey and sad and unsure of what my next step is - do I stay at work? Do I get a different job? Do I put up with things that I think aren't really fair? I should have been exorcising my demons by, well, exercising, but when I get stressed and upset I turn to comfort food and doing things that are easy-going. I'm afraid I'm disappointed in myself for being such a slacker, but that's how it is, but not how it ought to be. And I'm damn tired of not being able to separate my paragraphs on this forum anymore. It's really annoying to me as someone that likes to ramble on! .....................................Anyway. I have just a couple of weeks left (?!?!) until the show, and I will be making an effort at this point, if for no other reason than to pick myself off the floor and stop feeling sorry-ish for myself, and get some energy levels back in line. I feel like a fake - I've started this thread with the best intentions in the world, and succumbed to life getting in the way of looking hot for Geddy (though we know it's about more than just looking hot for a guy that's not even going to see me in the crowd, right?). I wish I'd kept up my momentum, and wish this bad stuff hadn't happened. But, as my boyfriend remarked just today about something totally unrelated, "'Should have' and 'could have' don't build bridges." Anyway, onward! :)

#69 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42085 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

My poor Geddy gals!  I am really wondering what is going on - feeling depressed, sluggish with little to no energy.  

Do what you can with the time that is left, but don't beat yourself up if you fall short of your goals.  

Mika, why don't you try to look for another job on your days off from the one you have?  Unless you think things will get better there, maybe it would be best if you just shook the dust from your feet and moved onward.

#70 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42085 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

By the way, what is a Nutribullet?

#71 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

View PostLorraine, on 10 July 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

It's something Sheldon likes to sit on...

#72 crimsonfrippy

crimsonfrippy

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Music, Football and Cats.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 12 July 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

:laughing guy:

#73 crimsonfrippy

crimsonfrippy

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

Seriously it is this-

http://www.nutribullet.com/

#74 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42085 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 12 July 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

Gangster, that's one of the things I love about you - your quick wit.  :laughing guy:

Thanks for the laugh this early AM.  I needed it.

#75 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42085 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

View Postfrippy, on 12 July 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

Seriously it is this-

Thanks, Frippy.  Hope you are feeling  better.

I see that this "Nutribullet" can be mine for [I]ONLY[/I} $119.94!  If I had $119.94 to spare, I'd buy a bunch of :rush: CDs/DVDs.

#76 crimsonfrippy

crimsonfrippy

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

View PostLorraine, on 12 July 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

View Postfrippy, on 12 July 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

Seriously it is this-

Thanks, Frippy.  Hope you are feeling  better.

I see that this "Nutribullet" can be mine for [I]ONLY[/I} $119.94!  If I had $119.94 to spare, I'd buy a bunch of :rush: CDs/DVDs.

Yes, feeling much better, Lorraine!

It is amazing what a night of good sound sleep will do for you!

Cheers,

frippy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: motivation, inspiration, de-fluffication, Geddycation, wait - what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users