Mika's 'Getting Ready for Geddy' thread!

motivation inspiration de-fluffication Geddycation wait - what?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 ReGorLaTroy

ReGorLaTroy

Modern Day Alice Cooper

• Members *
  • 12494 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostMika, on 13 June 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

Posted Image

I have a similar picture of myself somewhere...I'll have to find it and post it here.

Seriously, all the best with your goal Mika.

Sponsored Post

#42 MMCXII

MMCXII

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6189 posts
  • Interests:Playing drums, creating art, building hot rods, sacred geometry and spirituality, Metal detecting, mountain biking, camping/canoeing, off roading, motorcycles.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:08 AM

View PostMika, on 13 June 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

Sooooouuuuuuuuup!

That would be funny, but wearing a cylinder around my body might make it a little difficult for maneuvering through the sea of concert bodies! :P And I don't have my face showing because I have three eyes, and thought it might make some people uncomfortable.

Ok, I just creeped myself out. Seriously, though, I don't need to be that out there, exposing myself like that. I remember I once had a facebook profile pic of me standing in a pool of water at the beach, my back to the camera, doing a kind of goddess pose, with no top on. My hair was covering my entire back, anyway, so it could barely be seen that I wasn't wearing a bikini top or whatever, and a couple of family members reprimanded me for 'exposing' myself. Actually, here, you be the judge:

Posted Image

I took it down not because I didn't like it - I really do, it's very summery and beachy and kind of artsy and represents part of me that I like - not the toplessness, but the beachiness, if that makes sense. Anyway, I removed it due to slightly snarky family and am very annoyed at having done so.

Pretty tastefully pic I'd say! But let's face it, it's kinda sexy too! Any time an attractive girl shows a little skin, the horny boys will always pop up (pun not intended lol) it's a fact of life!

But ya this pic is nice and tasteful (ok and damn sexy too lol!) ..any snarkiness is probably just jealousy!

Edited by MMCXII, 14 June 2013 - 12:09 AM.

#43 Mika

Mika

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:15 AM

Thank you for your nice comments, guys... maybe I'm a bit naive, but I don't really see this as a sexy picture foremost in my mind, though I understand how that opinion can be made! :P The context that this picture was taken was that of being artsy, of showing my beach-tousled (or what I call mermaid-) hair trailing into the water. I wanted to evoke 'goddess of the water', not something scintillating, or should I say titillating. Or, I guess, in this case, backtillating, ha ha!

Anyway, I appreciate nice words, so thank you! :)

#44 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24273 posts
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:13 AM

View PostMika, on 14 June 2013 - 01:15 AM, said:

Thank you for your nice comments, guys... maybe I'm a bit naive, but I don't really see this as a sexy picture foremost in my mind, though I understand how that opinion can be made! :P The context that this picture was taken was that of being artsy, of showing my beach-tousled (or what I call mermaid-) hair trailing into the water. I wanted to evoke 'goddess of the water', not something scintillating, or should I say titillating. Or, I guess, in this case, backtillating, ha ha!

Anyway, I appreciate nice words, so thank you! :)

The only thing most guys need for a picture to be "sexy" is for the girl to show a little more skin than just bare arms from the elbows down.  Anything more than that, and we're all :drool:  .

But there is definitely the art element in that picture as well.  All you needed was a sword, and you could have been the Lady of the Lake (or "some watery tart" as she was called in Monty Python that the Holy Grail.)

#45 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24273 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

After scouring the interwebs all day, I finally found a face pic of Mika!!

Posted Image

#46 Mika

Mika

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:25 AM

I'm curious as to what I'm supposed to look like, but it's not loading...  is another of your "hey, ladies, here's a picture of Geddy with his pants off!" things, Sheldon? :P

#47 crimsonfrippy

crimsonfrippy

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Music, Football and Cats.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostMika, on 16 June 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

I'm curious as to what I'm supposed to look like, but it's not loading...  is another of your "hey, ladies, here's a picture of Geddy with his pants off!" things, Sheldon? :P

Sheldon's picture didn't load for me either.

#48 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

The Dane of the Culinary Arts

• Members *
  • 6123 posts
  • Interests:Slay the dragon, grab the gold, get the girl.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

It's just an animated gif picture. It's not supposed to load ;)

#49 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

• Members *
  • 6123 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

Mika, I've been reading this thread and saw your "then" and "now" picture. I must say that either way you look mighty fine. Don't worry about how you look - think about being healthy and feeling great inside out. Then the rest will follow. If Geddy's anything like me, he will notice a happy smiling face before anything else.

#50 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24273 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

View Postfrippy, on 16 June 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

Annnnnd you fell for it!

BAZINGA!

:lol:

#51 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24273 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

That's funny, we're all curious about what you look like, too.

#52 crimsonfrippy

crimsonfrippy

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Music, Football and Cats.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

View PostSheldon Cooper, on 16 June 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

Annnnnd you fell for it!

BAZINGA!

Of course we fell for it Sheldon- I'm on a crappy little laptop- figured it was something else not working!

#53 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24273 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

View Postfrippy, on 16 June 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

Annnnnd you fell for it!

BAZINGA!

Of course we fell for it Sheldon- I'm on a crappy little laptop- figured it was something else not working!

Mika didn't fall for it.

:no:

She knew from my other threads.

#54 Mika

Mika

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 16 June 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

Mika, I've been reading this thread and saw your "then" and "now" picture. I must say that either way you look mighty fine. Don't worry about how you look - think about being healthy and feeling great inside out. Then the rest will follow. If Geddy's anything like me, he will notice a happy smiling face before anything else.

Thanks for your nice words!

And please, understand that I'm not being superficial. Or I'm not trying to be, anyway. I simply understand that I'm at a lower level of health right now, as indicated by my tighter clothes, especially around my tummy area, and as a result of a lower physical activity level and poorer eating habits. I'm not trying to lose weight, and I don't want to look good for anyone. I want to improve my health habits, which will automatically show up on the outside. Health is from the inside out, after all. And I actually have little interest in trying to get Geddy's attention with the way I look, in all truth. And if he did respond to me in just a physical sense, I wouldn't have such a high level of respect for him, or at least of what I think I know of him. I'm much more interested in attracting someone through a liking of my personality than from my bum looking cute in a dress, or whatever.

The whole Geddy goal is to improve my health to a point that I will be more comfortable in my own skin, that I will sit (well, actually, I won't be sitting...) without having a bit of tummy pooch out and flail my arms around in a rock concert-y way without having them jiggle. I like having goals to drive me, and this is a good goal! Having a good reason to amp up my taking care of myself.

And not to sound cheesy, but I think that a way to tell how someone feels about oneself, if one loves oneself, is through how the person takes care of oneself. If someone stuffs himself full of crap food every day, doesn't exercise at all, and bemoans that he's fat and lazy, he's not really loving himself. If he makes a good effort to fuel his body with healthy food, and moves around every day, and feels good about being well... it's a big difference between the two examples. I want to be good to my body, and I want to treat it well, and it will in turn treat me well.

Ok, it's 2am, I've just got home from 14 hours at work... it's too late for me to try to talk about this stuff! :S

#55 Mika

Mika

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:13 AM

View PostSheldon Cooper, on 16 June 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

Gah! You've seen enough of me! And way more skin than I ever thought I'd put out into the cyber world!

#56 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42085 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

Annnnnd you fell for it!

BAZINGA!

Oh Sheldon.....

#57 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42085 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

View PostMika, on 17 June 2013 - 04:13 AM, said:

View PostSheldon Cooper, on 16 June 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

Gah! You've seen enough of me! And way more skin than I ever thought I'd put out into the cyber world!

That's right, Mika - keep Sheldon wondering.  ;)

#58 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

• Members *
  • 6123 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostMika, on 17 June 2013 - 04:10 AM, said:

And please, understand that I'm not being superficial. Or I'm not trying to be, anyway. I simply understand that I'm at a lower level of health right now, as indicated by my tighter clothes, especially around my tummy area, and as a result of a lower physical activity level and poorer eating habits. I'm not trying to lose weight, and I don't want to look good for anyone. I want to improve my health habits, which will automatically show up on the outside. Health is from the inside out, after all. And I actually have little interest in trying to get Geddy's attention with the way I look, in all truth. And if he did respond to me in just a physical sense, I wouldn't have such a high level of respect for him, or at least of what I think I know of him. I'm much more interested in attracting someone through a liking of my personality than from my bum looking cute in a dress, or whatever.

The whole Geddy goal is to improve my health to a point that I will be more comfortable in my own skin, that I will sit (well, actually, I won't be sitting...) without having a bit of tummy pooch out and flail my arms around in a rock concert-y way without having them jiggle. I like having goals to drive me, and this is a good goal! Having a good reason to amp up my taking care of myself.

And not to sound cheesy, but I think that a way to tell how someone feels about oneself, if one loves oneself, is through how the person takes care of oneself. If someone stuffs himself full of crap food every day, doesn't exercise at all, and bemoans that he's fat and lazy, he's not really loving himself. If he makes a good effort to fuel his body with healthy food, and moves around every day, and feels good about being well... it's a big difference between the two examples. I want to be good to my body, and I want to treat it well, and it will in turn treat me well.

Ok, it's 2am, I've just got home from 14 hours at work... it's too late for me to try to talk about this stuff! :S

Thanks for your response to my post. I will give it the answer it deserves when it's not late at night :)

#59 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

• Members *
  • 6123 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

Okay, Mika, time for my response :)

I am sorry if I made you appear superficial, which wasn't my intent at all. I think that we agree on this subject and my reason to write as I did is that many feel pressure to look a certain way. In Denmark you can see advertisements on buses to buy new breasts, with pictures of silicone breasts. Billboards showing naked thin women with big breats flipping you off. I do not feel any pressure to live up to some unrealistic ideals, but I feel sorry for the young girls and women who may suffer from it. In the midst of all that we have in my country a debate about breastfeeding in public! It can get people to the barricades, but people who have sex in front of the camera in prime time, is getting drunk and acting like idiots, are role models for young kids. I think you have the same, Jersey Shore if I'm not mistaken? It's just one of those things I feel is fundamentally wrong, so I'm glad you take that stand you do, even though I don't know you.

I believe you're right about a healthy mind gives a foundation for a healthy body. If one loves oneself, one takes care of oneself. No question about that. Like I too don't know Geddy (would be awesome if I did) I'm confident that he too is not shallow. We can't know for sure but he doesn't seem that way, and no we as fans probably wouldn't like him (Alex and Neil included) as much if we sensed they're total pricks.

Other than that, hope it goes well with the training. Up and at 'em :dweez: :chickendance: ;)

Edited by The Analog Grownup, 18 June 2013 - 12:48 PM.

#60 Mika

Mika

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:25 AM

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 18 June 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

Okay, Mika, time for my response :)

I am sorry if I made you appear superficial, which wasn't my intent at all. I think that we agree on this subject and my reason to write as I did is that many feel pressure to look a certain way. In Denmark you can see advertisements on buses to buy new breasts, with pictures of silicone breasts. Billboards showing naked thin women with big breats flipping you off. I do not feel any pressure to live up to some unrealistic ideals, but I feel sorry for the young girls and women who may suffer from it. In the midst of all that we have in my country a debate about breastfeeding in public! It can get people to the barricades, but people who have sex in front of the camera in prime time, is getting drunk and acting like idiots, are role models for young kids. I think you have the same, Jersey Shore if I'm not mistaken? It's just one of those things I feel is fundamentally wrong, so I'm glad you take that stand you do, even though I don't know you.

I believe you're right about a healthy mind gives a foundation for a healthy body. If one loves oneself, one takes care of oneself. No question about that. Like I too don't know Geddy (would be awesome if I did) I'm confident that he too is not shallow. We can't know for sure but he doesn't seem that way, and no we as fans probably wouldn't like him (Alex and Neil included) as much if we sensed they're total pricks.

Other than that, hope it goes well with the training. Up and at 'em :dweez: :chickendance: ;)

Ugh, superficiality. I've heard of Jersey Shore, but haven't watched it at all - I don't have any tv channels - and never will, from what I hear. A little while back I was talking to a casual friend, who started talking about this episode she watched (and how she was looking forward to the next one) and I'm sorry to say that my opinion of her kind of changed a bit... I didn't think she was a type to watch something like that, but who am I to judge, really! It's not my business to judge what others watch, but I can't help but think it displays a bit of their character... I dunno. And I'm sure someone else would totally judge me for having a folder on my computer labelled 'pictures of Geddy's butt' (which I don't, actually - I think it's labelled with different words ;)).

But there really is too much happening in society that encourages girls (and guys, too) to present themselves 'face-first', as it were - that looks are important. What I find attractive, these days, in the looks department, is if a person looks healthy. A guy (or girl) that takes care of himself is automatically attractive regardless of actual physical attractiveness. And someone that looks after himself is (in my opinion) more likely to possess other qualities that I find attractive, such as having respect for others, being responsible, and having integrity. Not always, not as a rule, but generally, somewhat. And going on a tangent here, but it's the same thing with how I find other people treat animals - if they behave disrespectfully towards animals, by swatting or kicking them out of the way or call them names because "they can't understand anyway", I'm probably not going to find much attraction for these people.

I think the theme here is respect: respect for oneself, which often translates to respect for others. I think that those that respect themselves through taking care of themselves are going to have more room in themselves to be respectful of others and be basically good citizens. Does this make sense? If someone is treating himself badly, through being lazy and eating crappy food that perpetuates the laziness, there's not much space or energy to be able to spread good energy, in a way. Gah, why do I always try to go into the deeper things in the wee hours of the morning....

I'm going to use our dear old Geddy as an example here, since some of us are quite fond of him. He has a reputation of taking care of himself, whether partly because of having to because of the strains of singing at concerts, or because of his own personal integrity; he is apparently known to avoid foods that can interfere with his singing and to work out and keep himself in shape. He doesn't seem to be interested in destroying his body through bad food or substance abuse. I respect that he seems to want to take care of himself. Of course, being that I don't personally know him, this is supposition.

Geddy also seems to have an easy-going nature, with a certain amount of grace. I've never known of him to display poor behaviour or be violent or disrespectful; in fact, a bit of a joke is how respectful the Rush boys have been, in terms of not getting involved in aspects of the rock-star lifestyle, like groupies and drugs and stuff. Geddy has always appeared to me as being laid-back, pleasant, respectful, down-to-earth, and with a very witty, funny side, but with humour that is at no one's expense but his own. Self-deprication is humbling, and refreshing to see in anyone that has been in such a public job for such a long time.

So, Geddy possess all these attractive qualities, and this alone makes him an attractive person, to me. And I think he wouldn't be able to be so mildly charismatic (and not mildy as in 'just a little bit', but mildly as in not 'in your face') if he wasn't satisfied with the level of respect he was showing to himself. If he ate horribly and messed around with drugs, would he still be such a charming, kind soul that was confident in himself?

I happened to come across what is now one of my favourite quotes, scrawled on a bathroom wall :
"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony", by Gandhi.

Well, I guess we can go the other route with this quote, too, and argue against what I've been trying to say: if a person is happy with being out of shape, with not taking care of himself, then his harmony is still adding up, as he's not battling against something in himself. In this sense, a person that is not taking care himself can be content, while a person that is not taking care of himself but wants to can be discontent. But I believe that if someone is not taking care of himself, there's an underlying unhappiness or discontent, whether it's noticed and regarded or not. I think a being strives to be as best as it can be, and this is done best through being healthy, and not being healthy will inevitably get in the way of being all one can be.

Ok, I've had fun trying to express my somewhat jumbled thoughts, but is anyone going to have fun reading this? :S Time for bed, methinks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: motivation, inspiration, de-fluffication, Geddycation, wait - what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users