Mika's 'Getting Ready for Geddy' thread!

motivation inspiration de-fluffication Geddycation wait - what?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 Mika

Mika

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:40 AM

Ugh, these 12-hour work days are really doing my good intentions in! I simply don't have time to be all good and exercise-y! Though I did do some jogging on the way to work today (mainly because I was literally running late, but still...), and at least I have a rather physical job, being on my feet all day. I'm looking forward to my next day off, after another 12-hour work day tomorrow! :S

Sponsored Post

#22 MMCXII

MMCXII

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6196 posts
  • Interests:Playing drums, creating art, building hot rods, sacred geometry and spirituality, Metal detecting, mountain biking, camping/canoeing, off roading, motorcycles.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

Mika.. After reviewing your pics, it's my professional opinion that you do not have a problem! Geddy's going to be more focused on your smile anyway, he's funny that way lol

Seriously though you look great to me.. Kudos for having high standards though!

Edited by MMCXII, 13 June 2013 - 01:02 AM.

#23 Mika

Mika

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:26 AM

View PostMMCXII, on 13 June 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

Mika.. After reviewing your pics, it's my professional opinion that you do not have a problem! Geddy's going to be more focused on your smile anyway, he's funny that way lol

Thanks for the kind opinion! ;) And no, I certainly don't think I have a problem. I do know, though, that some of my clothes haven't been fitting that well, and I think this is a good indication to not be so lax in my health, as I've been slacking for the past year or two. And you're right about Geddy noticing smiles rather than... well, boobs or something... I think.... Well, not that I know, but my opinion is that he has more integrity than that, that he's not superficial. One thing that he is also, though, is inspiring in his upkeep of himself - he's keeping his body in darn good shape for a near-60-year-old, and as someone who is half his age, I'd like to follow his example!

And.....

UPDATE

Really late last night I finished back-to-back 14-hour days at work, which really left me no time for doing any exercise things, not even my daily morning exercises. I caught up with them and did a nice exercise session today, and played more Castlevania while on the stepper. I need to get it checked out, though - it starts squeaking after about 20 minutes on it. :( Oh, and I took myself out for a nice walk at sunset, after being out in the garden all day. Tomorrow I will get to the gym again; looking forward to the huge sweat-session!

I've decided, too, that I'm going to keep track of everything that I'm doing through earning points, and I'll have a goal of a certain number of points to earn by the time of the concert. Hopefully I'll get that all organized tomorrow.

#24 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24290 posts
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

Wait...are there face pics with Mika smiling?  Or are we just figuring Geddy is too much of a gentleman to care about anything beyond that?

#25 MMCXII

MMCXII

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6196 posts
  • Interests:Playing drums, creating art, building hot rods, sacred geometry and spirituality, Metal detecting, mountain biking, camping/canoeing, off roading, motorcycles.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

View PostSheldon Cooper, on 13 June 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

Wait...are there face pics with Mika smiling?  Or are we just figuring Geddy is too much of a gentleman to care about anything beyond that?

good point. Ged's a smart man and he knows what he likes.. and Mika curiously left her face out of the pics.. maybe we should have a shot of Mika's smile just to make sure Ged's not disappointed! I mean I'm sure it's a nice smile but we can't be too careful here.. it is Geddy Lee after all!! ;) ;)

#26 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24290 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

View PostMMCXII, on 13 June 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

View PostSheldon Cooper, on 13 June 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

good point. Ged's a smart man and he knows what he likes.. and Mika curiously left her face out of the pics.. maybe we should have a shot of Mika's smile just to make sure Ged's not disappointed! I mean I'm sure it's a nice smile but we can't be too careful here.. it is Geddy Lee after all!! ;) ;)

I concur.

#27 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42280 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

I am certain that Mika has a lovely smile.

This is what I propose though.  Nix the grueling self-improvement.  Instead, go to the concert dressed as a Progresso soup can (with her head sticking out of the top so that our Geddy can see her dazzling smile).

What do you think, Mika?

#28 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24290 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostLorraine, on 13 June 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

This is what I propose though.  Nix the grueling self-improvement.  Instead, go to the concert dressed as a Progresso soup can (with her head sticking out of the top so that our Geddy can see her dazzling smile).

What do you think, Mika?

Or...she could go dressed like she is in the two pics she's provided, and let the chips fall where they may.

:yes:

#29 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42280 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:43 PM

Oh Sheldon, what are we going to do with you????  On second thought, don't answer that question.  

By the way, I may be sorry I am asking, but how was the prom?

#30 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24290 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostLorraine, on 13 June 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

Oh Sheldon, what are we going to do with you????  On second thought, don't answer that question.  

By the way, I may be sorry I am asking, but how was the prom?

Prom hasn't happened yet.  But I was talking with GF about it the other day, and she was still excited to be one of my dates.

:lol:

As for your first question, all I'll say is I'm sure you will think of something.

;)

#31 crimsonfrippy

crimsonfrippy

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Music, Football and Cats.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

View PostSheldon Cooper, on 13 June 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

What do you think, Mika?

Or...she could go dressed like she is in the two pics she's provided, and let the chips fall where they may.

Oh my...Sheldon is on a roll today.  :D

#32 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24290 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

View Postfrippy, on 13 June 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

View PostSheldon Cooper, on 13 June 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

What do you think, Mika?

Oh my...Sheldon is on a roll today.  :D

That's good, because I felt like I was on a cracker yesterday.

:laughing guy:

#33 Mika

Mika

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

Sooooouuuuuuuuup!

That would be funny, but wearing a cylinder around my body might make it a little difficult for maneuvering through the sea of concert bodies! :P And I don't have my face showing because I have three eyes, and thought it might make some people uncomfortable.

Ok, I just creeped myself out. Seriously, though, I don't need to be that out there, exposing myself like that. I remember I once had a facebook profile pic of me standing in a pool of water at the beach, my back to the camera, doing a kind of goddess pose, with no top on. My hair was covering my entire back, anyway, so it could barely be seen that I wasn't wearing a bikini top or whatever, and a couple of family members reprimanded me for 'exposing' myself. Actually, here, you be the judge:

Posted Image

I took it down not because I didn't like it - I really do, it's very summery and beachy and kind of artsy and represents part of me that I like - not the toplessness, but the beachiness, if that makes sense. Anyway, I removed it due to slightly snarky family and am very annoyed at having done so.

#34 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24290 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostMika, on 13 June 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Sheldon Cooper, 13 June 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#35 crimsonfrippy

crimsonfrippy

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

Sooooouuuuuuuuup!

That would be funny, but wearing a cylinder around my body might make it a little difficult for maneuvering through the sea of concert bodies! :P And I don't have my face showing because I have three eyes, and thought it might make some people uncomfortable.

Ok, I just creeped myself out. Seriously, though, I don't need to be that out there, exposing myself like that. I remember I once had a facebook profile pic of me standing in a pool of water at the beach, my back to the camera, doing a kind of goddess pose, with no top on. My hair was covering my entire back, anyway, so it could barely be seen that I wasn't wearing a bikini top or whatever, and a couple of family members reprimanded me for 'exposing' myself. Actually, here, you be the judge:

Posted Image

I took it down not because I didn't like it - I really do, it's very summery and beachy and kind of artsy and represents part of me that I like - not the toplessness, but the beachiness, if that makes sense. Anyway, I removed it due to slightly snarky family and am very annoyed at having done so.

Maybe they were trying to be protective or maybe they were just busybodies.  I thought the pic was fine.

If I had your figure I'd flaunt it.  My hubby says I'm beautiful but I need to seriously get back into shape.  Guess no more :pizza:  for me.

Cheers,

frippy

#36 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24290 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

Let's all get in silly shape like Mika!

#37 crimsonfrippy

crimsonfrippy

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostSheldon Cooper, on 13 June 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

Let's all get in silly shape like Mika!

Sounds like a plan!

:D

#38 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24290 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

Posted Image

Talk about Mermaid of the Lunar Sea!

Amirite?

#39 Mika

Mika

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostSheldon Cooper, on 13 June 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Posted Image

Amirite?

Sheldon, I love that! One of my favourite Rush lines ever! :)

#40 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24290 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

View PostMika, on 13 June 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

View PostSheldon Cooper, on 13 June 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Posted Image

Amirite?

Sheldon, I love that! One of my favourite Rush lines ever! :)

Well you lived it!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: motivation, inspiration, de-fluffication, Geddycation, wait - what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users