The Bee Gees - From Pop to Psych to Prog to Disco.

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHH!!!!!!!

Show the Brothers Gibb some muthaf***in' respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serious tunesmiths. Well able for the old psychedelia, and even a bit o' prog.

Seriously.

Their last single. Fabulous.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1
updated video link
  • Like 3

I'm an unashamed Bee's Gee's fan...all of their stuff is awesome. It's got something for everyone. If you don't like thier music something is wrong with you. C'mon how deep is your love?
  • Like 5

I'm an unashamed Bee's Gee's fan...all of their stuff is awesome. It's got something for everyone. If you don't like thier music something is wrong with you. C'mon how deep is your love?

SNF soundtrack is essential for so many reasons. Haters go and clean your cloth ears out and get back...same goes for that Swedish group.

• Like 3

SNF soundtrack is essential for so many reasons. Haters go and clean your cloth ears out and get back...same goes for that Swedish group.

Much respect has to go how they reproduced the signiture sound live. Up until the very last performances they were kicking major ass
  • Like 1

Much respect has to go how they reproduced the signiture sound live. Up until the very last performances they were kicking major ass

For sure, no mean feat with those arrangements. It's very sad how things have turned out now. I think BG's son is touring with him all the time now (?)

• Like 1

Yeah, they did some good stuff in the 70s. Of course, their tunes for SNF are my faves. We had the 8 track soundtrack to the movie. A lot of people did as I recall!

I got their single "Tragedy" from 1978. The flip side of that record had a sad and beautiful tune on it. I think it was called "Until" but I'm not completely sure that was the title.

• Like 1

I grew up with the Bee Gees being played in my home. Much respect to their talent.

they are like comfort food for your ears...Paul Simon, B G's, Rush, Lyle Lovett, Stevie Wonder are the artists I've introduced to my boys...can't go wrong!
  • Like 1

Echoing every post... Much love for the Brothers Gibb. Not just their work, which touched upon so many genres, but also the work they did with other artists.
  • Like 2

I was gonna post this as a guilty pleasure, but then I realized I don't feel guilty or ashamed of listening to them.

That song Stayin Alive is so timeless and empowering. I listen to that when I have major life challenges.

I also like Alone, How Deep is Your Love and Too Much Heaven. These songs can make a crap day better.

I love the Bee Gees. They're one of the best bands of all time. I never get tired of their music.

I've been listening to them all morning. Two of the Gibb brothers may be gone, but their music lives on.

http://youtu.be/fNFzfwLM72c

• Like 2

This 2012 interview with Barry Gibb was difficult to view at times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpp3YQ3B0n0

Eric Clapton is in a way responsible for The Bee Gees 70's migrating to America on advice given according to here and here.

Robert Stigwood managed Cream and the success of the band, along with Clapton's solo career is what paved the way for the Bee Gees.

There's a scene in the unreleased 1978 Eric Clapton & His Rolling Hotel movie (around the 45:10 mark which I've time stamped here), where Clapton and Stigwood have a half-joking argument in relation to the above as mentioned.

Edited by RushFanForever