Another tease of an Anniversary Tour.....41st or 42nd Anniversary tour???

nhlrush

So for many months, a lot of us speculated that if Rush started a 40th anniversary tour in the fall of 2014, that would give them essentially a year off the road (aug 4, 2013- time of rehearsals in 2014) but then Geddy came out before the 2013 tour started and said once they hit the end of this tour in Kansas City they are taking a long hiatus....and that they needed a long long break...

over at riab they are quoting from the latest issue of Prog magazine....

Lifeson is not entirely opposed to the idea of a 40th-anniversary tour. "Maybe we'd consider doing one song from each of our 20 albums," he says. "And we could put in some different songs - not always depend on Tom Sawyer and The Spirit Of Radio. But I always say that before a tour and it never happens. It would be a lot of fun to go through the whole history of the band. But in our minds, it doesn't really matter if it's the 40th or the 41st anniversary."

Lee 'agrees. "I wouldn't say no to a 41st or a 42nd anniversary tour," he says, laughing. "I'm not against the idea of doing an anniversary tour - I just don't know why it has to be the number 40. I think a 42nd anniversary tour is much funnier. Or wait till 2015 and do the 40th anniversary of By-Tor & The Snow Dog!"

He is, of course, joking. But there are many Rush fans who would love to see Rush play a set based on their two albums from 1975 ...

I had been hoping and hoping for some kind of anniversary tour before they embark on a new album, but while I think the idea of another anniversary tour is awesome, Geddy also said that they have already done an anniversary tour and that you can't go back....plus the time machine tour was a look into the past as well....

I think there is still a good chance we don't see them on stage in 2014 or 2015.....but i will hope I am so wrong....

• Like 3

The Time Machine tour Sucked! MP in its entirety, big whip, they usually play 4-5 songs off that Damn album anyways. Give the fans what they want some older gems.

They played Moving Pictures in it's entirety because that's what a majority of what THE FANS WANTED. Not just you.

• Like 16

The Time Machine tour Sucked! MP in its entirety, big whip, they usually play 4-5 songs off that Damn album anyways. Give the fans what they want some older gems.

They played Moving Pictures in it's entirety because that's what a majority of what THE FANS WANTED. Not just you.

And the Tour Sucked! These are the same fans who want to hear Limelight. Freewill, Tom Sawyer, YYZ, Closer To the Heart, Subdivisions, Xanadu and The Trees every concert.

And the Tour Sucked! These are the same fans who want to hear Limelight. Freewill, Tom Sawyer, YYZ, Closer To the Heart, Subdivisions, Xanadu and The Trees every concert.

I respect your opinion, but one man's thought is not going to change an entire outcome of a tour. Just don't go/listen.

There is a pretty good chance we'll never hear The Camera Eye, Witch Hunt and Vital Signs live ever again....so for that reason alone, I was okay with the full MP..

yes, The first four songs off of the album have been played live plenty.....but it is their signature album as far as sales and popular culture....

I guarantee if they played all of Caress of Steel, these boards would have threads complaining big time...i say....bring it on...I would actually take just about any full length album live at this point, it would force them to play certain songs that never normally would see the light of day....

Edited by nhlrush
  • Like 4

The Camera Eye. End Thread.

• Like 1

Time Machine was awesome! You complainers sound more and more like whiny little kids (and I have two of those already). Probably why, more often than not, I tune your posts out. ;)

We need a tantrum throwing forum. And it needs a lock on the door.

• Like 4

And zero/five anniversaries are overrated...my hubby and I are hoping to renew vows this year for Lucky 13! Why wait until the zero year or the five year? I'll be thrilled if they ever tour again! Edited by Amy Farrah Fowler
  • Like 1

Hopefully.

I'll pick the set, thanks!

2112 (Complete)

Clockwork Angels

Open Secrets

Mystic Rhythms

Distant Early Warning

The Body Electric

Animate

Red Barchetta

The Trees

Analog Kid

Roll the Bones

The Pass

Mission

Red Sector A

Drum Solo 1

Leave that Thing Alone

By-Tor And the Snowdog

Jacob's Ladder

Closer to the Heart

Spirit of Radio

YYZ

Drum Solo2

La Villa

---

Tom Sawyer

Freewill

Edited by kevycanavan
  • Like 2

Time Machine was awesome! You complainers sound more and more like whiny little kids (and I have two of those already). Probably why, more often than not, I tune your posts out. ;)

This was your First Rush concert, of course it was Awesome.

They'd be better off making a new album and touring for that with the following stuff happening:

1) Call the tour whatever the new album is called.

2) If playing 25 songs per gig (not including Peart's solo)...

a) play a medley of 1 song from each of the first 3 albums with vocals sparsely sung in order to spare Geddy's voice

b) play 1 song from each of the other albums

c) this leaves 8 songs worth to do new material (something Rush definitely will want to play)

d) have fans vote for material they want played (as a sort of 'thanks' to fans for the assist into the RRHoF); the top 3 songs elected will be played...fans will be pleased and there will be 22 other songs in the setlist that fans will NOT know about anyway.

This scenario avoids the R-whatever repeat, covers ALL the albums, AND pushes forward with ample new material covered (8 tunes).

This isn't a whine, a rant, or some absurd setlist. It's just a damn good idea that is somewhere in the middle ground of Rush fan song lusts.

:blaze:

• Like 3

And what exactly is so wrong with those songs? Oh! By the way, you forgot The Spirit of Radio and 2112 Overture/Temples/ Finale! Regardless, It still leaves 16 other songs to choose from to complete the setlist.

Now that said, I think the most possible next outing for the guys would be in 2015. Not only would it be the 40th Anniversary of Fly By Night and Caress of Steel but more importantly, it will also be the 35th Anniversary of Permanent Waves. It would be nice to hear Permanent Waves in its Entirety and finally give the fans their much requested Jacob's Ladder. It would make for an intereting setlist!

:rush: :haz: :rush:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

While I definitely wouldn't say it sucked, I think the Time Machine Tour has been held in higher regard than what it deserved. I agree Moving Pictures in it's entirety was not anywhere near as bigger deal as it was made out to be at the time. Most of those songs had been played live on recent tours anyway (Camera Eye excepted of course!). Then including songs like Workin' Them Angels, Stick it Out and Faithless? I mean they're decent songs but c'mon, Rush can do so much better! That's why I much prefer the S&A and CA tours - far stronger and more inventive setlists I think.
  • Like 2

2015: The Permanently Fly by Caressed Steel Tour!

Set 1:

FBN/COS Instrumedley:

(Anthem/ Best I Can/ Fly By Night/ Beneath, Between and Behind/ By-Tor and the Snowdog/ Bastile Day/ The Necromancer/ No One at the Bridge/ Didacts and Narpits/Bastile Day Reprise Ending)

Far Cry

Caravan

Red Barchetta

Cut to the Chase

Chain Lightning

Mal-Nar

Show Don't Tell

Clockwork Angels

2112 (O/T/F)

Set 2:

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Jacob's Ladder

Entre Nous

Different Strings (Extended Solo)

Natural Science

The Anarchist

Test for Echo

New World Man

YYZ -Drum Solo

Alex's Solo/The Garden

Hemispheres (Prelude)

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

Limelight

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

:drool:

Edited by losingit2k

2015: The Permanently Fly by Caressed Steel Tour!

Set 1:

FBN/COS Instrumedley:

(Anthem/ Best I Can/ Fly By Night/ Beneath, Between and Behind/ By-Tor and the Snowdog/ Bastile Day/ The Necromancer/ No One at the Bridge/ Didacts and Narpits/Bastile Day Reprise Ending)

Far Cry

Caravan

Red Barchetta

Cut to the Chase

Chain Lightning

Mal-Nar

Show Don't Tell

Clockwork Angels

2112 (O/T/F)

Set 2:

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Jacob's Ladder

Entre Nous

Different Strings (Extended Solo)

Natural Science

The Anarchist

Test for Echo

New World Man

YYZ -Drum Solo

Alex's Solo/The Garden

Hemispheres (Prelude)

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

Limelight

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

:drool:

people bash each other on this site far too much.....

people are always saying, "oh, gee, another setlist, get a life."

Well you know what....

AWESOME SETLIST!!!

I would take this in a heartbeat....

if it was my setlist and a dream one at that, i would try to selfishly include personal favorites Cold Fire, Everyday Glory, Middletown Dreams, Afterimage and Open Secrets (just for alex's solo)

• Like 1

This was your First Rush concert, of course it was Awesome.

Wanna borrow a pair of pliers to get the stick out of your ass, or are you just going to sit there and be an unreasonable tw**?

Well, they definitely need to take a couple of years off of touring to sort of give the fans a break. Plus I don't want them to wait another 5 years for another new album and touring would get in the way of that.
  • Like 1