#201 hcm

hcm

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

View PostLorraine, on 15 August 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

View PostBrucey, on 15 August 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

I've just read this thread in full for the first time, and I must say, this is better than any book I've ever read or any movie I've ever watched. It takes a lot for something to really move me, but here I found myself fighting back tears of joy, sadness and hope throughout. My heart genuinely goes out to all of you who have opened up on this thread, if I or anyone else needs motivation ever, this thread is the place to turn and Rush is the band to listen to!

It is an amazing thread, isn't it?  And it is a thread that should be copied out and bound, and then handed to Alex, Geddy and Neil so that they know, I mean REALLY know, what their music has meant to and done for more than a few of their fans.
  I love this, I really wish the boys could know how much they mean to all of us.  I just revisited this thread and it was still a very emotional read for me, so many things that we share in our aloneness.

Sponsored Post

#202 ThatLightInYourEyes

ThatLightInYourEyes

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1596 posts
  • Location:"Underwater by the end of this century!" rave the climatologists.
  • Interests:Trying. Just trying.

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:46 PM

I see this thread is still going. Can I just come out and admit that if it weren't for the good people I've met here, I probably wouldn't still be in the fandom? You guys have helped me realize that I don't have to hide from others as much as I thought I did. Hopefully I'll be less of a pain in the future.

#203 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

View PostThatLightInYourEyes, on 15 August 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

I see this thread is still going. Can I just come out and admit that if it weren't for the good people I've met here, I probably wouldn't still be in the fandom? You guys have helped me realize that I don't have to hide from others as much as I thought I did. Hopefully I'll be less of a pain in the future.
:rose: :)

#204 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

I can only speak for myself, but I never thought of you as "a pain".

#205 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

View PostLorraine, on 16 August 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

I can only speak for myself, but I never thought of you as "a pain".
Fascinating would be a better word..... :)

#206 RushFlyer2112

RushFlyer2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Love Rush,Pink Floyd,U2,Coldplay,Genesis love to Read, Listening to Music,
    Touched By An Angel, Roma Downey John Dye Della Resse

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:34 PM

And i love each and every one of you alot

#207 Garden Dancer

Garden Dancer

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1363 posts
  • Interests:Singing, Dancing, Magick, Bird Watching, Baseball, Rush, Geddy Lee, Steve Vai, Gardening, Nature, Moonlight, Wine, Faeries, Poetry, Animals, Reading, Drawing, Movies, Writing (or at least trying to...), Su Doku, Day Dreaming And about a million other things! Currently most passionate about my Intuitive Jewelry Crafting :-) and learning how to cook vegetarian for myself

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

Wow.  Just re-read the whole thread over again...  ad wow.

Gone through some rough spots since my last time here, had some good things, too.
Been a little low these past few days, but dang, going through the thread again...  Y'all are so inspiring to me.

Thank you all for sharing, y'all are some of the most awesome people I know!  I love you all to bits and I'm proud as hell to be among such wonderful lights!
Endless (virtual) hugs to each and every one of you!

#208 Blue J

Blue J

Official SOCN Designated Driver

• Members *
  • 17668 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

I haven't posted much in this thread for awhile either. I've been going through a lot of changes in the past six months or so- some major ups and downs (and don't we really mean downs, more than anything else, when we use that term?) since the last time I posted anything here in detail. And I can only say that being 'broken', and having been through all of the things that I have, has enabled me to appreciate what has been happening in my life more recently. Despite the demons that are still with me, and may always be, something truly incredible has happened to me. I've been given something that has filled me with so much hope- far surpassing anything I've ever even dreamed.

Despite the darkness, I'm able to shrug it off (with some very important help), and to actually focus on a future that holds unbelievably brilliant promise. It really is the most amazing thing. So I just wanted to share that with you all.

#209 Moonlit Dreamer

Moonlit Dreamer

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1434 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

View PostBlue J, on 25 August 2014 - 09:29 AM, said:

I haven't posted much in this thread for awhile either. I've been going through a lot of changes in the past six months or so- some major ups and downs (and don't we really mean downs, more than anything else, when we use that term?) since the last time I posted anything here in detail. And I can only say that being 'broken', and having been through all of the things that I have, has enabled me to appreciate what has been happening in my life more recently. Despite the demons that are still with me, and may always be, something truly incredible has happened to me. I've been given something that has filled me with so much hope- far surpassing anything I've ever even dreamed.

Despite the darkness, I'm able to shrug it off (with some very important help), and to actually focus on a future that holds unbelievably brilliant promise. It really is the most amazing thing. So I just wanted to share that with you all.

That's good to hear! :hug2:

#210 Rushman14

Rushman14

Mr. Hollywood

• Members *
  • 11062 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:44 PM

Just stumbled across this thread. By far the most moving and profound post I've ever read on this forum.

I hope you are still on your journey of healing :)

#211 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:04 PM

View PostRushman14, on 29 May 2015 - 06:44 PM, said:

Just stumbled across this thread. By far the most moving and profound post I've ever read on this forum.

I hope you are still on your journey of healing :)

I think about her often and wonder how she is doing.   She never came back here that I am aware of.

#212 ReGorLaTroy

ReGorLaTroy

Modern Day Alice Cooper

• Members *
  • 12499 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:13 PM

I cannot recall a time in my life when I wasn't broken.

It is much like the line in the Aerosmith song...

"Sometimes I feel broke and can't get fixed."

#213 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:25 PM

View PostReGorLaTroy, on 29 May 2015 - 07:13 PM, said:

You may think that, and feel that way, but you do not appear broken to me.

#214 ReGorLaTroy

ReGorLaTroy

Modern Day Alice Cooper

• Members *
  • 12499 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:30 PM

View PostLorraine, on 29 May 2015 - 07:25 PM, said:

All the world's a stage afterall, isn't it?

#215 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:41 PM

View PostReGorLaTroy, on 29 May 2015 - 07:30 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 29 May 2015 - 07:25 PM, said:

All the world's a stage afterall, isn't it?

:hug2:

#216 TemplesofLamneth

TemplesofLamneth

The Seeker

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:53 AM

I'd have to agree. Before I discovered Rush I was in a pretty bad place in my life. All I listened to was Heavy Metal which perpetuated my feelings of hatred for everything around me and I was pretty much a shut in who shunned anyone who attempted to get close to me. In all honestly after a year of listening to their albums nonstop I've started making pretty big transformations in my life... Its part of what connects me to these guys and their music in such an intense way.

#217 MusicHead

MusicHead

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1111 posts
  • Interests:God, writing, family, football, Dean Koontz, music, all things Spidey and Marvel.

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:16 PM

As a loner and an outcast during my formative years, I can somewhat relate to the OP's story.  Regardless of the passage of time, I still feel much like one.  But the last 1 1/2 years of (often brutal) self-discovery has me moving in the right direction.  Much of this re-coincided with my return to the Rush fold and into other emotive music. Including discovering many of you here who have tread similar paths.

#218 fraroc

fraroc

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2461 posts
  • Interests:Rock music, roller coasters, aviation, writing novels,

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:08 PM

You want to know which Rush song is really helping me emotionally right now? Far Cry. As I read the lyrics, all I can do is think about how I feel about the world and how much different it is from what I expected it would be before I became an adult...how it's a "Far Cry from the world I thought I'd inherit" And my doubts twoards ever getting my life together and surviving in this world....Then this lyric comes....

One day I feel I'm on top of the world
And the next it's falling in on me
I can get back on, I can get back on

No matter what life throws at me, I can get through it...No matter what happens, I have it within me to deal with it. It's sort of the polar opposite of Losing It.

Edited by fraroc, 30 June 2015 - 06:09 PM.

#219 Tuesday's Gone

Tuesday's Gone

The Seeker

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:44 PM

View PostGedsJeans, on 12 May 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

Anyone who tells you that music cannot change your entire life has obviously never been at the very end of their own rope, like I was.

I'm happy for you that their music helped you change your life for the better. Everyone is different so you can't generalize. Music can change some people's entire life but certainly not mine. I've been "at the end of my own rope" too so I know what I'm talking about.

Edited by Tuesday's Gone, 30 June 2015 - 06:51 PM.

#220 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27720 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:54 PM

View PostTuesday, on 30 June 2015 - 06:44 PM, said:

View PostGedsJeans, on 12 May 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

Anyone who tells you that music cannot change your entire life has obviously never been at the very end of their own rope, like I was.

I'm happy for you that their music changed your life for the better. Everyone is different so you can't generalize. Music can change some people's entire life but certainly not mine. I've been "at the end of my own rope" too so I know what I'm talking about.
Music means very different things to different folks as I have found out very much around here. In my teens it was everything to me but being married at 20 it quickly became just something I enjoyed from time to time and then became totally unimportant when my children came. I am only having somewhat of a renaissance because of this forum to be honest... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users