What is the furthest you have traveled for a RUSH show?

Well... lucky enough to have my first 5 viewings not too far from home. This summer we will be headed out to Denver, which will be the furthest but there's no telling what the future might bring.
  • Like 1

Once traveled 600 miles by dogsled...oh how the dogs loved the show

Was that the concert in Sweden you told me about?

:codger:

no it was the "Hemisphere's in the Himalayans" tour in Nepal... it was packed
  • Like 1

In July my husband and I will be driving from Beach Park, IL. to Milwaukee for summerfest!! A few hours' drive- and yes, it is just for the show lol <3

we're leaving on the 3rd, getting our hotel room and leaving early the next day to take the shuttle to summerfest. Staying in the hotel room that night and leaving the next day. This is officially "the honeymoon we never had".

I started rambling- sorry! haha.

2 hour trip to the Canada-US border, made it through customs, then on to Detroit airport. From there, a 4 hour flight to Vegas, baby. Saw Rush at MGM in June 2011. Vacation time was included in the journey, but seeing Rush was the catalyst.

2,134 miles from Southern Utah to Toronto! that was a long flight... but well worth it!

Also to San Diego which was about 5-6 hours, and planning on going to the show in SLC which is another 5 hours away! plus all the other times we saw them in Vegas which is another couple hundred miles..

Was that the concert in Sweden you told me about?

:codger:

no it was the "Hemisphere's in the Himalayans" tour in Nepal... it was packed

I can imagine, All those sherpas they utilized to carry their gear up to base camp probably stayed for the concert. Or at least the free booze.

:digi:

• Like 1

it's good that you let the dogs see the show, since they did most of the work. Did they play By-Tor and the Snow Dog at the show? And if so what did the dogs think of it?

Edited by NaturalScientist75
  • Like 1

I'm very fortunate to be living just outside of New York City when it comes to music...

...the furthest I traveled to see Rush is 42 miles.

I fly for no band.

I did a 5 hour trip where I built the weekend in Saratoga as a vacation around the concert and two shots up to Albany and back right after the show. I guess Hartford in 2002 would be in this range too.

Living in the Northeast does have its advantages although there are now some venues I avoid on principle. Thanks Jive Nation.

The farthest I've traveled is Boston to LA (Counterparts tour), but to be fair I was going to LA for business and it happened to coincide with Rush's tour stop there.

The farthest I've gone just for Rush is Chicago to Houston for the final 2012 CA date. Met my brother-in-law, who flew in from NJ, for a guys weekend capped by a great show at the Toyota Center.

Knoxville, TN to Albany, NY for the TfE tour and then Knoxville to Toronto the next summer.

I had lived down south for a good part of my adult life, so I always came back up to upstate NY (where I grew up and where I live now) to see shows with my brother and friends.

The toughest drive, though, was from South Bend, IN to Detriot for the Presto tour. I went with a bunch of college friends and our car broke down on the way up. Luckily, the garage got it fixed and we just made the end of Mr. Big. That was my first Rush concert and I was hell bend on not missing it.

Knoxville, TN to Albany, NY for the TfE tour and then Knoxville to Toronto the next summer.

I had lived down south for a good part of my adult life, so I always came back up to upstate NY (where I grew up and where I live now) to see shows with my brother and friends.

The toughest drive, though, was from South Bend, IN to Detriot for the Presto tour. I went with a bunch of college friends and our car broke down on the way up. Luckily, the garage got it fixed and we just made the end of Mr. Big. That was my first Rush concert and I was hell bend on not missing it.

Where in NY are you from? I see your location says "south of Rochester." Does that mean along the I-390 corridor?

My longest distance to a Rush show so far has been either to Hershey (2011) or Bridgeport (2012)...not sure which one's farther away, and am too lazy to look it up. Usually Rush doesn't play more than 2.5 hours away from me (Buffalo to the west, or Albany/Saratoga area to the east). The closest was about 10-12 miles, from East Syracuse to the State Fairgrounds just west of Syracuse (technically we were coming from the airport in N. Syr. after my gf and I picked up a friend).

Where in NY are you from? I see your location says "south of Rochester." Does that mean along the I-390 corridor?

My longest distance to a Rush show so far has been either to Hershey (2011) or Bridgeport (2012)...not sure which one's farther away, and am too lazy to look it up. Usually Rush doesn't play more than 2.5 hours away from me (Buffalo to the west, or Albany/Saratoga area to the east). The closest was about 10-12 miles, from East Syracuse to the State Fairgrounds just west of Syracuse (technically we were coming from the airport in N. Syr. after my gf and I picked up a friend).

A small town called Honeoye Falls. We always have to go to SPAC, Darrien Lake (they haven't been there in several years), Buffalo or Toronto, other than the lucky stop at the State Fair a couple years ago. That was a great show.