How many Rush shows have you been to?

Fourteen. Next month will be 15. Multiple shows on the same tour, shows in other states, Counterparts from the second row, being part of a meet-and-greet (love and shove), etc.

Fifteen (15): non-fans or casual fans say "that's a lot," but diehard Rush fans say "that's nuthin!"

Edited by GeddyRulz

Last night was show #21 for me (across the last 13 tours). I'm amazed at the folks whose numbers are so large. snaked, 17 times on HYF?!? Holy crap! :o Now I understand how the numbers can grow so large.

It wasn't until I moved to New England that it became geographically feasible for me to see several shows on the same tour and until I was in my 30's before it was financially feasible.

Last night was show #21 for me (across the last 13 tours). I'm amazed at the folks whose numbers are so large. snaked, 17 times on HYF?!? Holy crap! :o Now I understand how the numbers can grow so large.

It wasn't until I moved to New England that it became geographically feasible for me to see several shows on the same tour and until I was in my 30's before it was financially feasible.

financially and geographically feasable is important. For me, If i per say won the lottery today, I would probably hit front row for every remaining show of their carear, and bring some of you all with me.

Edited by NaturalScientist75
  • Like 2

Las Vegas in November 2012 was #60. I've only got 4 scheduled this summer so KC will have me top out at 64 shows. I was 12 in 1976 (and a female to boot) when I saw my first show!
  • Like 1

Five. CA twice. I was going to go again this leg but alas no California dates. I had been thinking about Portland but doubt it's going to happen.

i still can't believe no CA dates. A friend of my and huge RUSH fan moved out there a few years ago. He said the nearest show to him this tour was many hours away. I can't understand how they are not doing any CA shows. More dates coming? I have not heard anything about that as a possibility. Anyone hear anything about why no CA shows or if more possible dates will come?

According to the rush diehards that I speak with on the tour, they are going with the notion that the RRHOF ceremony counts as a tour date and if you look on Rushisaband.com, Ed who runs the site, also has Los Angeles listed as the first of the 2013 Clockwork Angels tour dates...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course....but I argued and said that a tour date consists of the regular rush show, with the ensemble, with the current bells and whistles and with one of the full setlists....

I live in NJ, but will always find any excuse to travel out west, I love the whole desert southwest....I was so hoping rush was going to hit the SF bay area, sacramento, Reno, Vegas, Alburqueque, Phoenix, Tuscon, wherever they wanted....but they skipped all of that...

Meanwhile they have been up and down the east coast and are doing many dates scattered throughout the midwest....

I have been hoping and hoping they add 6-10 shows for september, but everything is pointing to that not happening....Aug 5, 2013, the day after the last show in Kansas City will start a very long hiatus....don't expect anything in 2014, maybe even 2015....keep your fingers crossed...

Edited by nhlrush

I've been to 12 shows, starting with GUP in 1984. Should be 13, but I missed the Counterparts tour due to my pain-in-the-ass son who insisted on being born a couple days before the show. Some things never change.

wow. just born and already causing trouble

Las Vegas in November 2012 was #60. I've only got 4 scheduled this summer so KC will have me top out at 64 shows. I was 12 in 1976 (and a female to boot) when I saw my first show!

you are a rare breed. Many props to you!

mohegan sun last night was 144...

first was 9/23/83 radio city....

when this tour ends i should be at either 153, 155 or 157 depending on what i do about the dates during the first week of july...still have fully decided....

Impressive! Most impressive!

You are very lucky

34, Chicago will be 35, Milwaukee will be 36. I was hoping to make 50 before they retire but I don't think I'll make it. I figure 2 more tours after the "Clockwork Angels"

2 more tours after CA is not impossible. Especially considering they are still having so much fun, we are still going, they still have so much creativity, and they can still play for 3 hours, at that intensity, while jumping around like teenagers.

How many shows have you all been to? Starting on which tour? And how many will it be by the end of the CA tour?

BIG FAT O, that's how many. The closest I got to a show was R30 in London and LA last year, both collapsed due to family issues. I've given up any remote hope of ever seeing my favourite band play live down under. Enjoy your shows.

that stinks! so sorry to hear that.

Thanks.

Two.

1. Time Machine Tour—New York, NY—April 10, 2011—I was taken by complete surprise. I was 12 at the time and had just gotten into Rush a year before. My dad told me he wanted to head to New York City and I asked him why. I was clueless until we walked up to Madison Square Garden and I saw a poster for Rush playing that evening. Great show, best night of my life.

2. Clockwork Angels Tour—Newark, NJ—October 20, 2012—I knew about the show, but I vowed not to preview the setlist and was surprised to hear "The Pass" and "Red Sector A." Loved the strings, and I am still watching YouTube videos from that concert.

Unfortunately, I probably won't be seeing them this leg. While it is a bit disappointing (especially since they're in Atlantic City tonight), I understand and am hoping to see them whenever their next tour is…even if it isn't for a few years.

Likewise, 3 and soon to be 4.

It really should be more like 7 for me.... if you notice my signature, there's a 15 year gap between my first show and my second. I had some pretty bad luck.... I missed the Counterparts tour because I was on spring break, the T4E tour didn't come within 300 miles of where I lived (and at that time, I was 19 and in college so I couldn't just drive to one), and then of course they went on a five year hiatus.

Then when they started touring again, I was living in Australia. Fortunately I've made up for lost time since then. I flew over to Colorado for one show, then moved here and saw another one, and now I've got one coming up on August 2.