Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Thread

I saw their live show in... 2007, I think it was. Great show, and it made me appreciate how many well-crafted songs Petty has penned. I can't say I'm a huge fan, though. My interest rises and falls, with summer being the peak. Petty's music is perfect for cruising on a sunny day.
  • Like 2

It amazes me how many good songs they have written and recorded. I saw them several times on concert and was completely entertained and satisfied each time. They definitely give the Band competition for Dylan's best backup band. Simply wonderful.
  • Like 4

"good love is HARRRRRRD to find, you got lucky babe". I get a kick out of the way he says that, which he seems to on a number of songs.

This dude is basically my biggest hero and inspiration more than any other musician. Love his "heart on sleeve" integrity. Fitting how George Harrison said there's no bullsh-t about this guy. He doesn't act foolish compared to certain relics of classic rock that sell out to the teenybopper crowd. *cough*Steven Tyler*cough*

Love his Mudcrutch songs from the Playback box set and that 2008 album as well.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

It amazes me how many good songs they have written and recorded. I saw them several times on concert and was completely entertained and satisfied each time. They definitely give the Band competition for Dylan's best backup band. Simply wonderful.

Not to mention backing up for Johnny Cash on an album of his.

I saw their live show in... 2007, I think it was. Great show, and it made me appreciate how many well-crafted songs Petty has penned. I can't say I'm a huge fan, though. My interest rises and falls, with summer being the peak. Petty's music is perfect for cruising on a sunny day.

Aye, in total agreement there.

I recently finished a listening marathon of all of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Studio / Live / Compilations and a bunch of boots as well.

I have been a fan forever...just love his music.

I am catching multiple shows this month at Beacon Theatre in New York City.

A true American treasure.

I have to agree with the post that pointed out The Heartbreakers backing Johnny Cash on his American Recordings...good stuff.

• Like 1

Whenever I go on a hotshot for work I have to throw on Tom Petty's Live Anthology. It's perfect driving music.

I have that too.

They are one of my top 5 favorite bands. Great live shows. I bought the Damn the Torpedoes album when it first came out, and I still listen to it regularly. Their Greatest Hits rarely leaves my CD changer.

If America was a bar, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers would be the house band.

:cheers:

• Like 1

Slightly off topic, because there isn't any Heartbreakers creditted, but Petty's Highway Companion is a beautiful album. It would probably sit in my top 10 albums.

I quite agree...this is a perfect album start to finish.

The song, "Square One" is one of the best songs ever recorded.

• Like 1