The VIKINGS thread

H. P. L.

So many metalheads here, and not a word on the brilliant VIKINGS shows (on History)? You don't deserve your Bathory discography! :P :P

I'm really hooked and so sad that the 1st season is already over.

One of the things I really appreciate is that all the actors speak so clearly. I get every word!

The wife's hooked too, but I suspect for all the wrong reasons. What could she possibly see in all those hot, tall, blonde guys? Beats me!

The guy who plays Floki, the boats builder, is totally black metal!!

Anyone?

New season, this one has been moving a lot faster than last years. Lots of action and twists. History channel doesn't hold back showing just how ruthless those sons of b's really were.

Great show!
  • Like 1

More has happened in the first 3-4 eps I have seen this year than all of the first season. I like the direction the show has taken and kind of hope they keep the momentum going. Oh and more shield walls and sword play. That is never bad. And Lagertha. Always more Lagertha.

I had this show on the DVR and found time to start watching season 2. This show is so well done. The guy cast as Ragnar is amazing. Lagatha is HOT!

If you haven't seen this show, you should definitely check it out.

I watch the show, and I absolutely love the 2 hot Canadian actresses, the one who plays his ex-wife/warrior, and his sister-in-law.

But, I have a lot of complaints about it. A lot of history could be incorporated into it, and, outside of Thor, the other gods rarely get a mention. I think I've heard Odin's name once this season. They touch very little on the pagan culture and sacrifice, except for visiting the fortune teller and licking his hand.

But, when he cut that guy open and pulled out his lungs up from the back of his rib cage, that was incredible. And, he couldn't scream if he wanted to go to Valhalla.

I watch the show, and I absolutely love the 2 hot Canadian actresses, the one who plays his ex-wife/warrior, and his sister-in-law.

But, I have a lot of complaints about it. A lot of history could be incorporated into it, and, outside of Thor, the other gods rarely get a mention. I think I've heard Odin's name once this season. They touch very little on the pagan culture and sacrifice, except for visiting the fortune teller and licking his hand.

But, when he cut that guy open and pulled out his lungs up from the back of his rib cage, that was incredible. And, he couldn't scream if he wanted to go to Valhalla.

Well, Loki has been mentioned a lot in the last episodes. And the casual referrence by black metaller Floki about "the dark gods" opens a new dimension... Also, I am still struck by the human sacrifice in the 1st season, and the fact that they were all happy to sacrifice the priest... How can he still trust them all?

Well, Loki has been mentioned a lot in the last episodes. And the casual referrence by black metaller Floki about "the dark gods" opens a new dimension... Also, I am still struck by the human sacrifice in the 1st season, and the fact that they were all happy to sacrifice the priest... How can he still trust them all?

...because he is at the table of power. The religion keeps the uneducated masses under control and the priest is telling them God's word and will.

Perhaps you missed the episode in the first season when Ragnar took his family to Uppsala. That episode was brimming over with pagan religion, including sacrifice.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

Season 2 finale was very satisfying. The scene of the King's fate was beautifully theatrical, even. Can't wait for season 3.

I liked how Ragnar got all Savage Primeval on Horrick's body, as in "take that, f**k head!"

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

Perhaps you missed the episode in the first season when Ragnar took his family to Uppsala. That episode was brimming over with pagan religion, including sacrifice.

I didn't know this was season 2. Sorry. My wife records different things that she thinks we might be interested in, and then, during short respites at home, I have to choose just a few of these things to watch.

I will download season 1 "on demand" .... thanks for informing me.

A lot of history could be incorporated into it,

Dude, it DOES incorporate a lot of history into it.

You're right. I have a bad habit of holding everything up to the standard set by "Deadwood," and just as no band can measure up to Rush, no other series can measure up to "Deadwood." Edited by Aikenrooster

Spoiler:

All hail King Ragnar!

• Like 3

SPOILER: sort of

Interesting that Ragnar did not speak throughout the entire final episode with the exception of the Lord's prayer. That was Travis Fimmel's idea, he asked the director to cut all his dialogue.

• Like 1

I have been meaning to catch up with this seires ..... the photo's I have seen has made me wonder how long men and womens beauty and cosmetic treatments have been around, it seems it is not a modern day phnomenom , beard trimmers must have been the rage, not a hair out of place !! :coy: