Jump to content


The VIKINGS thread

metal

  • Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#161 Dread Pirate Robert

Dread Pirate Robert

    Avast and belay, ye scurvy dogs!

  • Members *
  • 19917 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sailing on the High Seas or drinking in a tavern in Port Royale
  • Interests:Plundering, Drinking, Wenching

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:49 PM

Btw -- how long does Lagertha have left?  Looks like her character is being set up for a grand death at the hands of one of Ragnar's sons.   My guess is Ivar.

I don't think she is going to make it to next season . . .

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert, 18 January 2017 - 03:50 PM.


Sponsored Post

#162 Jack Aubrey

Jack Aubrey

    The Gun Crank

  • Moderator
  • 22080 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The firing line.
  • Interests:Studying Scripture, movies, reading, military history, target shooting, drums and percussion, temperate, jungle, desert, arctic, and urban survival, saltwater fishing, playing with and training my dogs Sam and River, prepping and tactical training.

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:42 PM

View PostDread Pirate Robert, on 18 January 2017 - 03:49 PM, said:

Btw -- how long does Lagertha have left?  Looks like her character is being set up for a grand death at the hands of one of Ragnar's sons.   My guess is Ivar.

I don't think she is going to make it to next season . . .

Agreed on all counts! Too bad, Kathryn Winnick sure is pretty.

#163 Dread Pirate Robert

Dread Pirate Robert

    Avast and belay, ye scurvy dogs!

  • Members *
  • 19917 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sailing on the High Seas or drinking in a tavern in Port Royale
  • Interests:Plundering, Drinking, Wenching

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:53 PM

View PostJack Aubrey, on 18 January 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

View PostDread Pirate Robert, on 18 January 2017 - 03:49 PM, said:

Btw -- how long does Lagertha have left?  Looks like her character is being set up for a grand death at the hands of one of Ragnar's sons.   My guess is Ivar.

I don't think she is going to make it to next season . . .

Agreed on all counts! Too bad, Kathryn Winnick sure is pretty.

Yeah, going to miss her character.   The show needs to develop some other sexy woman warrior to replace her ;)

Though, there was no need for her to kill Auslag.  That was a low blow.  So she kind of has it coming now . . .

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert, 18 January 2017 - 04:55 PM.


#164 Jack Aubrey

Jack Aubrey

    The Gun Crank

  • Moderator
  • 22080 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The firing line.
  • Interests:Studying Scripture, movies, reading, military history, target shooting, drums and percussion, temperate, jungle, desert, arctic, and urban survival, saltwater fishing, playing with and training my dogs Sam and River, prepping and tactical training.

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:56 PM

View PostDread Pirate Robert, on 18 January 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

View PostJack Aubrey, on 18 January 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

View PostDread Pirate Robert, on 18 January 2017 - 03:49 PM, said:

Btw -- how long does Lagertha have left?  Looks like her character is being set up for a grand death at the hands of one of Ragnar's sons.   My guess is Ivar.

I don't think she is going to make it to next season . . .

Agreed on all counts! Too bad, Kathryn Winnick sure is pretty.

Yeah, going to miss her character.   The show needs to develop some other sexy woman warrior to replace her ;)

Though, there was no need for her to kill Auslag.  That was a low blow.  So she kind of has it coming now . . .

I know, right? That was....odd. She should have banished her instead. I'm sure Auslag would have complied.

#165 Del_Duio

Del_Duio

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 4378 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Bass, Drums, some guitar but I suck

    --

    Try my new retro action RPG game "Just a Cleric" on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/467330/

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:07 AM

View PostJack Aubrey, on 18 January 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

View PostDread Pirate Robert, on 18 January 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

View PostJack Aubrey, on 18 January 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

View PostDread Pirate Robert, on 18 January 2017 - 03:49 PM, said:

Btw -- how long does Lagertha have left?  Looks like her character is being set up for a grand death at the hands of one of Ragnar's sons.   My guess is Ivar.

I don't think she is going to make it to next season . . .

Agreed on all counts! Too bad, Kathryn Winnick sure is pretty.

Yeah, going to miss her character.   The show needs to develop some other sexy woman warrior to replace her ;)

Though, there was no need for her to kill Auslag.  That was a low blow.  So she kind of has it coming now . . .

I know, right? That was....odd. She should have banished her instead. I'm sure Auslag would have complied.

Oh no way. From her perspective, this woman has taken her place as both Ragnar's wife (with Ragnar's help, of course) and co-ruler of Kattegat. Plus she must be jealous as hell that Auslag was able to give him so many sons. Vikings go big or go home, so she had to die. If Lagertha let her live you KNOW that scheming so and so would've been back later for revenge or worse.

Last night's episode though.. holy shit guys it wasn't bad up until the last 10 minutes and then it went into classic territory.
BLOOD EAGLE RETURNS! If I were Echbert I'd be shitting my pants right now.

All the sons on the battlefield to avenge Ragnar was so awesome. So was Bjorn's bitchslapping of his brothers about who's in charge haha.

P,S: I like how the Seer is always in the stands whenever there's some sort of event. I don't know why but this is always funny to me somehow.

Edited by Del_Duio, 19 January 2017 - 09:13 AM.


#166 Del_Duio

Del_Duio

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 4378 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Bass, Drums, some guitar but I suck

    --

    Try my new retro action RPG game "Just a Cleric" on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/467330/

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:10 AM

View PostDread Pirate Robert, on 18 January 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

View PostDel_Duio, on 16 January 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

View PostDread Pirate Robert, on 11 January 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

Did everybody else give up on this series?

There have been some radical changes in it lately, but I am finding them interesting.

No, I've been watching this whole time I just haven't been posting about it here :D

Wicked Queen gone? Yes!
Ragnar gone? Nooooooooooooooooooo!

I will say that the kid who plays Ivar is really good though. He's a perfect merger of Ragnar and his evil-ass mom.
And Floki gave him that awesome chariot!

Bjorn looks to have his dad's taste in everybody else's chicks lol.

I can't wait until the Scottish King and his jerk brother get theirs, hopefully soon.

Yep, yep, and yep, etc. ;)

But "Scottish King"?  Who is that?  You mean the King of Northumbria, Judith's father, the king who had Ragnar dropped into the snake pit?   That is a kingdom in northern England, not Scotland ;)

No, I mean the guy from last night who got dissed by :"his princess". I thought he was either king or wanted to be king. You know, the guy and his brother that are always scheming behind the scenes about something.

EDIT: This guy on the right:

Posted Image

Edited by Del_Duio, 19 January 2017 - 09:12 AM.


#167 Dread Pirate Robert

Dread Pirate Robert

    Avast and belay, ye scurvy dogs!

  • Members *
  • 19917 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sailing on the High Seas or drinking in a tavern in Port Royale
  • Interests:Plundering, Drinking, Wenching

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:39 PM

View PostDel_Duio, on 19 January 2017 - 09:10 AM, said:

View PostDread Pirate Robert, on 18 January 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

View PostDel_Duio, on 16 January 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

View PostDread Pirate Robert, on 11 January 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

Did everybody else give up on this series?

There have been some radical changes in it lately, but I am finding them interesting.

No, I've been watching this whole time I just haven't been posting about it here :D

Wicked Queen gone? Yes!
Ragnar gone? Nooooooooooooooooooo!

I will say that the kid who plays Ivar is really good though. He's a perfect merger of Ragnar and his evil-ass mom.
And Floki gave him that awesome chariot!

Bjorn looks to have his dad's taste in everybody else's chicks lol.

I can't wait until the Scottish King and his jerk brother get theirs, hopefully soon.

Yep, yep, and yep, etc. ;)

But "Scottish King"?  Who is that?  You mean the King of Northumbria, Judith's father, the king who had Ragnar dropped into the snake pit?   That is a kingdom in northern England, not Scotland ;)

No, I mean the guy from last night who got dissed by :"his princess". I thought he was either king or wanted to be king. You know, the guy and his brother that are always scheming behind the scenes about something.

EDIT: This guy on the right:

Posted Image

He is a minor king of some part of Norway.   He wants to be king of all Norway, not just his part of it.

#168 Dread Pirate Robert

Dread Pirate Robert

    Avast and belay, ye scurvy dogs!

  • Members *
  • 19917 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sailing on the High Seas or drinking in a tavern in Port Royale
  • Interests:Plundering, Drinking, Wenching

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:41 PM

View PostDel_Duio, on 19 January 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:



Last night's episode though.. holy shit guys it wasn't bad up until the last 10 minutes and then it went into classic territory.
BLOOD EAGLE RETURNS! If I were Echbert I'd be shitting my pants right now.



Rough way to die, for sure.

#169 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 9895 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:33 PM

Season five starts November 29th :haz:  :madra: :madra: :blaze:

#170 Dread Pirate Robert

Dread Pirate Robert

    Avast and belay, ye scurvy dogs!

  • Members *
  • 19917 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sailing on the High Seas or drinking in a tavern in Port Royale
  • Interests:Plundering, Drinking, Wenching

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:27 PM

Just a couple of hours away . . .  Right now, the history channel is showing all the episodes of last season.

#171 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 9895 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:59 PM

Solid season premiere. I would love to be held prisoner by Lagertha :drool:

#172 Todem

Todem

    Brosaucerous

  • Members
  • 2231 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Parkland, Florida
  • Interests:Playing guitar, writing,recording and performing music, coaching and playing baseball, golf, tennis, stocks, playing video games, spending as much time as I can with my wife and son.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:52 PM

Love this series big time. Season 5 is off to a great start!!!

I heard this is it though for Vikings (final season).

Edited by Todem, 06 December 2017 - 01:52 PM.


#173 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 9895 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:01 PM

View PostTodem, on 06 December 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

Love this series big time. Season 5 is off to a great start!!!

I heard this is it though for Vikings (final season).

Nope, it's been renewed for a sixth season.

#174 Dread Pirate Robert

Dread Pirate Robert

    Avast and belay, ye scurvy dogs!

  • Members *
  • 19917 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sailing on the High Seas or drinking in a tavern in Port Royale
  • Interests:Plundering, Drinking, Wenching

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:52 PM

Ivar is a brilliant wicked badass, all without being able to walk.  "Now you can kiss your cross."

I am assuming the "land of the gods" that Floki found is Iceland.

Lagertha is great and all, but my favorite female character in the show at this point is Judith.   I want more scenes with her.  The actress who plays her is awesome.

As for Astrid, I have never really liked her or thought that much of her.  I really don't care if King Harald suddenly drowns her in a vat of ale or not.

Ragnar's sons -- Bjorn is off to the Medditeranean to be his usual badass self, surprisingly accompanied by King Harald's brother, who I find myself liking more since he decided to leave his brother and go to the Med with Bjorn.  

Sigurd is dead, killed by Ivar.  Hvitserk might as well be.   The two wimpy sons.

Ubbe just got shown up by Ivar and is running home.   Ubbe is likable but he just ain't all that bright, no match for Ivar's plotting.

Btw, who was the female slave who told Ivar he was special, and who he set free?  Was she viking, or english, or something else?  I didn't catch that part if it was revealed.

Another question:  did the English priest/warrior have Aethulwulf's approval to beat up Ubbe, or is Aethulwulf going to be disapproving of that?  I don't know.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert, 07 December 2017 - 05:10 PM.






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: metal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users