The VIKINGS thread

H. P. L.

The finale was excellent, imo.

Were you guys surprised when Ragnar jumped out of the coffin?

Just curious.

No, not after reading your previous posts. As soon as I saw the coffin I knew what you meant by "a big surprise." Excellent call. But, I would have been completed taken aback, I truly believe, if I had not read your posts. I really thought he was dying. Edited by Ayn Rand

PS -- what is Floki thinking as season 3 ends? Ragnar has just directly accused him of murdering Athelstan.

What is his reaction going to be? What should it be?

Floki is thinking that he is going to receive the full wrath of Ragnar ... lol. If Floki got a "trial" of some sort, I think he'd be acquitted by his fellow pagan worshipers, but, if Ragnar's word is all that it takes, then Floki is going to be executed or he will be ex-communicated or outcast in some sort of way, I would presume.

A question for next season: is Rollo really going to betray Ragnar again?

I don't think so. If the French princess is his present, he can always take her home with him!

PS -- what is Floki thinking as season 3 ends? Ragnar has just directly accused him of murdering Athelstan.

His reaction should be to look frantically for the lifeboats.

His reaction should be to look frantically for the lifeboats.

there isn't one.

How good of a swimmer is he? ;)

A question for next season: is Rollo really going to betray Ragnar again?

I don't think so. If the French princess is his present, he can always take her home with him!

but the land, the land! that big swath of France granted him! how could he leave that?

Granted, he could keep the princess, and the land, and then welcome Ragnar's next raiding force against Paris instead of fighting against it . . .

I just started watching two weeks ago. I'm in season two and it keeps my interest. I'll read more of this thread when Incatch up.

There are unrated versions of episodes?

• Like 1

History channel was showing the last season yesterday. I watched the last 4 episodes of last season last night, which reminded me of what a great series this is. I am primed for the new season, starting next Thursday. Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

PS -- i read somewhere awhile back that most "fans" of the series don't care much for the goings on in England in the absence of the Viking characters. I don't get that. I think the English characters are intriguing also. Plus, Judith is hot.

PS -- i read somewhere awhile back that most "fans" of the series don't care much for the goings on in England in the absence of the Viking characters. I don't get that. I think the English characters are intriguing also. Plus, Judith is hot.

I haven't gotten that far yet but once introduced to the characters who cares if Ragnar and co. are not in every scene. As long as the scenes are compelling and move the story forward I'm fine.

• Like 1

who cares if Ragnar and co. are not in every scene.

I care when Lagertha is not in every scene ;)

UGH, that ending!

Say it ain't so, Rollo!!!!

It's the Jarl Borg thing all over again :(

Also, RE: Lagertha: Yeah, don't ever make her mad lol.

• Like 1

Also, RE: Lagertha: Yeah, don't ever make her mad lol.

Yeah, the guy was about to die in just a few seconds anyway from the bolt stuck in his throat. But noooo . . . got to get in that final bit of torture first.

Been up since 3 am this morning. Must . . . stay . . . awake . . . for . . .debut of new season tonight.

I won't start season 4 yet for a few weeks. I like to have some ready for binging. In the mean time Lagertha visit me in my wet dreams.