2013-14 NFL Season Thread

laughedatbytime

Desmond Bishop apparently next ex-Packer to travel west to Minnesota, according to Pro Football Talk. Deal is for one year.

Hope they paid him extra for having to deal with idiot reporters asking him if he wanted to "get back at" the Packers..... :facepalm: :facepalm:

Isn't "idiot reporters" redundant? :) (I know there are "exceptions that prove the rule")

• Like 1

Way to go, dumbass. Who's going to take a chance on signing a mediocre talent that's been arrested twice?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9424219/ausar-walcott-cleveland-browns-rookie-arrested-tuesday-charged-attempted-murder

Cleveland Browns rookie linebacker Ausar Walcott was arrested Tuesday and charged with attempted murder for allegedly punching a man outside a club in Northern New Jersey.

In light of the charges, the Browns announced the release of the player they had signed last month as an undrafted free agent out of Virginia.

Authorities told The Bergen Record that Walcott punched Derrick Jones in the head just after The Palace Gentlemen's Club closed early Sunday morning.

Police say Jones, who is from New York City, is in critical condition. Walcott, 23, is held on $500,000 bail.

Walcott is one of 28 NFL players arrested since this year's Super Bowl on Feb. 3, according to a database kept by U-T San Diego.

In 45 games for Virginia, Walcott totaled 128 career tackles, 1.5 sacks, four passes defensed and one fumble recovery.

This isn't the first time Walcott has been arrested. In January 2011, he faced charges of assault and battery from a fight while he was at Virginia. Walcott was suspended from the team but was reinstated after charges were dropped.

http://www.nytimes.c...ested.html?_r=0

NORTH ATTLEBOROUGH, Mass. –- The New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was arrested and led away from his suburban home here in handcuffs Monday morning. Hernandez, wearing a white T-shirt and red athletic shorts, was driven to the North Attleborough police department. The police have yet to announce whether Hernandez is being charged.

First Degree Murder, plus five other gun-related charges.

Authorities say that Hernandez planned and carried out the execution of Odin Lloyd.

More proof that pro athletes are just like the rest of us. Most are good guys, some are not-so-good guys, and others are pure scumbags.

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

NORTH ATTLEBOROUGH, Mass. –- The New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was arrested and led away from his suburban home here in handcuffs Monday morning. Hernandez, wearing a white T-shirt and red athletic shorts, was driven to the North Attleborough police department. The police have yet to announce whether Hernandez is being charged.

Authorities say that Hernandez planned and carried out the execution of Odin Lloyd.

More proof that pro athletes are just like the rest of us. Most are good guys, some are not-so-good guys, and others are pure scumbags.

Shouldn't the Packers donate their best tight end to the Patriots now to give them more of a chance of holding off the 2013 "dream team" Dolphins?? :huh:

Yikes!

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A former Temple University All-American running back, who helped lead the Baltimore Ravens to a Super Bowl, was the victim of crime in Philadelphia, according to CBS 3 sources.

Those sources confirm that Bernard Pierce was robbed at gunpoint Sunday evening along the 7500 block of Haverford Avenue. His BMW was also stolen.

The car was later recovered and processed at the police garage for possible clues.

Pierce’s mother, Tammy Pierce, spoke to Eyewitness News about the incident involving her son.

“First of all, I thank God that he’s fine. I don’t care whatever he lost — his car, whatever was in there. He’s fine,” Pierce said. “I think he was targeted because people knew who he was, and that’s sad.”

Pierce and a male companion, sources say, were shaken, but were not injured during the robbery.

Sources say a gunman jumped from a car while his accomplice remained behind the wheel and robbed Pierce and his companion, then stole the vehicle.

The car was recovered in another part of the city and taken to the police garage, where it was carefully processed for any possible evidence that might lead to a suspect.

Pierce, who is from Ardmore, was visiting his family. His mother said he had only been in town a week, and that he’d purchased the BMW two weeks ago. She also said that he’s now nervous and concerned for his safety.

Pierce was drafted by the Ravens last year, and this past February, they won the Super Bowl.

The Ravens organization, responding to a CBS 3 inquiry, emailed a statement that reads: “We have been in contact with Bernard and we are aware of the situation.”

Pierce’s agent did not respond to requests for comment.

For now, Philadelphia police are saying only that they are hoping anyone with information that will help them catch the robbers will come forward.

His mother is just grateful her son wasn’t harmed.

“”It could have turned out to be whole different ball game. He’s good, he’s healthy.”

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/06/25/sources-say-professional-football-player-robbed-at-gunpoint-in-philadelphia/

Browns rookie LB Ausar Walcott charged with attempted murder

Cleveland Browns rookie linebacker Ausar Walcott has been charged with attempted murder after allegedly punching a man outside a bar in Passaic, N.J., Abbott Koloff of The Record reports.

Walcott, 23, allegedly punched a 24-year-old man in the head outside The Palace Gentlemen’s Club at around 3 a.m. ET on Sunday. The victim, Derrick Jones, was transported by friends to a hospital in New York City where he remained in critical condition as of Tuesday.

Walcott turned himself in and was arrested Tuesday morning. Police have charged Walcott with first-degree attempted murder, second-degree aggravated assault and third-degree endangering an injured victim. The undrafted free agent from Virginia had his bail set at $500,000.

"This is a pending legal matter and we will not comment," the Browns announced on Tuesday. On Wednesday, the Browns placed Walcott on waivers.

In 46 games as a safety/linebacker during his four-year career at Virginia, the 6-foot-2, 227-pound Walcott posted 128 tackles, 1.5 sacks and had four passes defensed. Walcott nearly had his college career end in 2011 when he was arrested and suspended on charges of assault and battery. Walcott began seeing a psychologist and was reinstated to the program when the charges against him were dropped.

The Browns signed Walcott to a three-year, $1.485 million contract on May 13, a deal that contained no signing bonus or guaranteed money. Walcott already faced long odds to crack the Browns' 53-man roster, but may not get the same second chance from them that he had received in college.

Edited by treeduck

Browns rookie LB Ausar Walcott charged with attempted murder

Cleveland Browns rookie linebacker Ausar Walcott has been charged with attempted murder after allegedly punching a man outside a bar in Passaic, N.J., Abbott Koloff of The Record reports.

Walcott, 23, allegedly punched a 24-year-old man in the head outside The Palace Gentlemen’s Club at around 3 a.m. ET on Sunday. The victim, Derrick Jones, was transported by friends to a hospital in New York City where he remained in critical condition as of Tuesday.

Walcott turned himself in and was arrested Tuesday morning. Police have charged Walcott with first-degree attempted murder, second-degree aggravated assault and third-degree endangering an injured victim. The undrafted free agent from Virginia had his bail set at $500,000.

"This is a pending legal matter and we will not comment," the Browns announced on Tuesday. On Wednesday, the Browns placed Walcott on waivers.

In 46 games as a safety/linebacker during his four-year career at Virginia, the 6-foot-2, 227-pound Walcott posted 128 tackles, 1.5 sacks and had four passes defensed. Walcott nearly had his college career end in 2011 when he was arrested and suspended on charges of assault and battery. Walcott began seeing a psychologist and was reinstated to the program when the charges against him were dropped.

The Browns signed Walcott to a three-year, $1.485 million contract on May 13, a deal that contained no signing bonus or guaranteed money. Walcott already faced long odds to crack the Browns' 53-man roster, but may not get the same second chance from them that he had received in college.

See post #27

Shouldn't the Packers donate their best tight end to the Patriots now to give them more of a chance of holding off the 2013 "dream team" Dolphins?? :huh:

I never said the Dolphins were a dream team, just that they could put up 50 on the Saints. Which would just make them relatively competent.

No need. Tebow will step right into the role. All is well..... :P

I never said the Dolphins were a dream team, just that they could put up 50 on the Saints. Which would just make them relatively competent.

Dolphins score 50 points?? I don't think so! Tannehill scored only 12 TD passes all season!

:laughing guy:

No need. Tebow will step right into the role. All is well..... :P

I don't know, with the Packers being so stacked, I think they can afford to be generous, and the NFL does approve of Brady being the top quarterback in the league after all. And what Rog wants, Rog gets...

Dolphins score 50 points?? I don't think so! Tannehill scored only 12 TD passes all season!

I looked at the 2012 schedule. The Saints were nowhere on it. That's why he only had 12.

But hey he might be injured, in which case Matt Moore can pad his stats.

I looked at the 2012 schedule. The Saints were nowhere on it. That's why he only had 12.

Obviously the Saints will deserve no credit when they win.

If that happens, it's because Goodell rigged the officiating. :)

If that happens, it's because Goodell rigged the officiating. :)

To help Brady get over the trauma of the Hernandez affair...

I bet if Aaron Hernandez could change things, he'd go back and win a Heisman Trophy because then he could murder anyone he wants.

Let's hope the next NFL maniac at least kills someone who needs a few bullets in them, hello Roger! :nya nya:

I bet if Aaron Hernandez could change things, he'd go back and win a Heisman Trophy because then he could murder anyone he wants.

Let's hope the next NFL maniac at least kills someone who needs a few bullets in them, hello Roger! :nya nya:

There is a plot afoot to blow Herr Goodheil up in the bunker as we speak! :scared: :bang bang: :ph34r: :madra:

http://i.imgur.com/fJeoSLsh.png

http://i.imgur.com/mpooEtxh.png

http://i.imgur.com/FB9Pzrw.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/p9cUtEo.png

TD, Do you have a citation for this?

http://i.imgur.com/fJeoSLsh.png

http://i.imgur.com/mpooEtxh.png

http://i.imgur.com/FB9Pzrw.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/p9cUtEo.png

TD, Do you have a citation for this?

No I got it off a website as is, with no other references.

Same as I have this information

Wonderlic scores for all current quarterbacks:

Blaine Gabbert - 42

Alex Smith - 40

Eli Manning - 39

Matt Flynn - 38

Colin Kaepernick - 38

Matt Stafford - 38

Andrew Luck - 37

Tony Romo - 37

Sam Bradford - 36

Christian Ponder - 35

Aaron Rodgers - 35

Ryan Tannehill - 34

Tom Brady - 33

Matt Ryan - 32

Matt Schaub - 31

Phillip Rivers - 30

Andy Dalton - 29

Nick Foles - 29

Drew Brees - 28

Kevin Kolb/ EJ Manuel - 28

Peyton Manning - 28

Mark Sanchez - 28

Russell Wilson - 28

Joe Flacco - 27

Josh Freeman - 27

Brandon Weeden - 27

Jay Cutler - 26

Carson Palmer - 26

Ben Roethlisberger - 25

RGIII - 24

Cam Newton - 21

Jake Locker - 20

I hope detroit can get its crap together,,,

Also curious to see what Peyton does this year

TIM TEBOW new TE for NE lol

THIS JUST IN!!

Manti Te'o now claiming that Aaron Hernandez killed his girlfriend but was too afraid for his own safety to report it to the authorities.