Vinyl Rush Collection Records 45 rpm LP Picture Disc

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#221 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 27722 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

View Postkurts2, on 11 August 2014 - 08:41 AM, said:

Hi all. I am new to the forum and stumbled onto this post because of the album "Rushin Roulette".  I actually have a copy of one and know a bit about where it came from.  Back in 81 (or there abouts) a friend of mine gave it to me because she knew that I was a big fan.  I asked her where she had gotten it.  She said one day on her way home from school, a large white truck (or van) with nothing except the name Rush on the side of it stopped in front of a local music/head shop. It opened the back, and started to throw t-shirts and other promotional items out the back.  They saw her and called her over.  They handed her the album.  From what I remember she said she was the only one who has gotten one.

It's a cool album.  It is like the game Russian roulette with one bullet in the chamber.  You always have a one in six chance of what song you will get.  All six tracks originate from the outer edge of the album and and in the center.  Each starts at a different position eg the 2 o'clock,  4 o'clock, 6 o'clock etc and so when you place the tone arm down on the outer edge, you don't know what song will play! Anyway I am fairly sure that it's on a Mercury label... I don't have it with me at the moment to verify that. More to come if anyone is interested.
Welcome to the forum..... :cheers: :)

Sponsored Post

#222 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3902 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

View Postkurts2, on 11 August 2014 - 08:41 AM, said:

Hi all. I am new to the forum and stumbled onto this post because of the album "Rushin Roulette".  I actually have a copy of one and know a bit about where it came from.  Back in 81 (or there abouts) a friend of mine gave it to me because she knew that I was a big fan.  I asked her where she had gotten it.  She said one day on her way home from school, a large white truck (or van) with nothing except the name Rush on the side of it stopped in front of a local music/head shop. It opened the back, and started to throw t-shirts and other promotional items out the back.  They saw her and called her over.  They handed her the album.  From what I remember she said she was the only one who has gotten one.

It's a cool album.  It is like the game Russian roulette with one bullet in the chamber.  You always have a one in six chance of what song you will get.  All six tracks originate from the outer edge of the album and and in the center.  Each starts at a different position eg the 2 o'clock,  4 o'clock, 6 o'clock etc and so when you place the tone arm down on the outer edge, you don't know what song will play! Anyway I am fairly sure that it's on a Mercury label... I don't have it with me at the moment to verify that. More to come if anyone is interested.

More please.

Seems odd that she'd get the only album out of a promotional truck like that, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

I'd like this a whole lot better if entire tracks and not just the first two minutes of each song played, but maybe that was the only way it would work. Cool concept though.

I think I played mine a few times as soon as I got it to see how it worked, but haven't touched it since other than to look at the front and back cover sometimes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vinyl, Rush, Collection, Records, 45 rpm, LP, Picture Disc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users