Rush Vinyl Collection...the Normal and the Abnormal

Kingdirk

Great topic guys!

I finally saw a T4E! I tought it was a legend! You lucky guy.

I also collect Rush records but more for a listening experience so I don't go for all the rare bootlegs. Here's a picture from my collection from maybe 3 years ago :

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac126/gabpower/Vinyl%20collection/rush.jpg

I aquired more records since that picture was taken. The only major albums I need are Test For Echo and Vapor Trails but these two are too expensive/rare. But I'll gladly settle with the Remix version of VT once it's on sale.

That, my good sir, looks absolutely fantastic :notworthy:

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/CIMG3676_zps612c03ba.jpg

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/CIMG3675_zpseea6fc8a.jpg

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/CIMG3674_zps2c128398.jpg

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/CIMG3677_zps9168b831.jpg

• Like 1

Great topic guys!

I finally saw a T4E! I tought it was a legend! You lucky guy.

I also collect Rush records but more for a listening experience so I don't go for all the rare bootlegs. Here's a picture from my collection from maybe 3 years ago :

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac126/gabpower/Vinyl%20collection/rush.jpg

I aquired more records since that picture was taken. The only major albums I need are Test For Echo and Vapor Trails but these two are too expensive/rare. But I'll gladly settle with the Remix version of VT once it's on sale.

I don't know why, but I've always loved that black cover version of Archives. I wonder what the story behind that was.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/CIMG3676_zps612c03ba.jpg

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/CIMG3675_zpseea6fc8a.jpg

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/CIMG3674_zps2c128398.jpg

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/CIMG3677_zps9168b831.jpg

Nice display.

I continue to fail in my quest for the Holland 12 inch of Subdivisions.

I think that 12 inch of The Body Electric may be almost as rare.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone, I'm new here (just signed up an hour ago) I had a question about some vinyl I own. I have been trying to find out how rare a few of my Rush pieces are and how much they are worth if I were to sell them because I am trying to obtain the entire SHM cd collection. Any help would be great

Power windows Picture disk

Time stands still/enemy within UK juggler picture disk (lt edition)

Shuttle shaped pic disk

Dice shaped pic disk.

The ones that I am planning on selling are the power windows and the juggler one.

Thanks

Hi Everyone, I'm new here (just signed up an hour ago) I had a question about some vinyl I own. I have been trying to find out how rare a few of my Rush pieces are and how much they are worth if I were to sell them because I am trying to obtain the entire SHM cd collection. Any help would be great

Power windows Picture disk

Time stands still/enemy within UK juggler picture disk (lt edition)

Shuttle shaped pic disk

Dice shaped pic disk.

The ones that I am planning on selling are the power windows and the juggler one.

Thanks

I'm only guessing at this, but even if you sold all of those I don't think you'd get enough to buy the entire SHM collection.

I'm no professional appraiser, but I think the rarest one of that lot is the space shuttle which typically goes for something in the $50 to $100 range. The rest can probably had for significantly less than the high end of that range.

I found an extra clear vinyl 12 inch of New World Man/Vital Signs Live that was misplaced in a pile of records that I was organizing (since it's now spring)

First person to offer $30 in North America gets it. Pics available at request.

Recently picked up a HYF Korean which was a shock when I got it home. Identical as far as I can tell, aside from a few minor translations. If anyone knows where copies of T4E / RTB / CP etc are hiding and don't cost the earth, please let me know! Edited by Steevo

Most of my old vinyl is beat... I have a few oddities here and there...one being an Ozzy picture disc with Randy Rhoades playing some live stuff...

As far as Rush, I have something Power Windows era, with a live version of Red Sector A. (Forget off hand...I'm stuck out of town, currently, and my memory isn't what it used to be )

I had a friend who worked in radio years back who had a Rush n Roulette copy at the station he worked at, and one of the over night DJ's wanted to mess with it on his show, and apparently got pissed because it kept playing the same track no matter how many times he tried if...after about 8-10 attempts, he sailed across the room and shattered it! (On air). I heard a tape of the show, and it was hilarious!

Hi all. I am new to the forum and stumbled onto this post because of the album "Rushin Roulette". I actually have a copy of one and know a bit about where it came from. Back in 81 (or there abouts) a friend of mine gave it to me because she knew that I was a big fan. I asked her where she had gotten it. She said one day on her way home from school, a large white truck (or van) with nothing except the name Rush on the side of it stopped in front of a local music/head shop. It opened the back, and started to throw t-shirts and other promotional items out the back. They saw her and called her over. They handed her the album. From what I remember she said she was the only one who has gotten one.

It's a cool album. It is like the game Russian roulette with one bullet in the chamber. You always have a one in six chance of what song you will get. All six tracks originate from the outer edge of the album and and in the center. Each starts at a different position eg the 2 o'clock, 4 o'clock, 6 o'clock etc and so when you place the tone arm down on the outer edge, you don't know what song will play! Anyway I am fairly sure that it's on a Mercury label... I don't have it with me at the moment to verify that. More to come if anyone is interested.

Hi all. I am new to the forum and stumbled onto this post because of the album "Rushin Roulette". I actually have a copy of one and know a bit about where it came from. Back in 81 (or there abouts) a friend of mine gave it to me because she knew that I was a big fan. I asked her where she had gotten it. She said one day on her way home from school, a large white truck (or van) with nothing except the name Rush on the side of it stopped in front of a local music/head shop. It opened the back, and started to throw t-shirts and other promotional items out the back. They saw her and called her over. They handed her the album. From what I remember she said she was the only one who has gotten one.

It's a cool album. It is like the game Russian roulette with one bullet in the chamber. You always have a one in six chance of what song you will get. All six tracks originate from the outer edge of the album and and in the center. Each starts at a different position eg the 2 o'clock, 4 o'clock, 6 o'clock etc and so when you place the tone arm down on the outer edge, you don't know what song will play! Anyway I am fairly sure that it's on a Mercury label... I don't have it with me at the moment to verify that. More to come if anyone is interested.

not sure about the story but I have a copy and its always fun to pull it out for a spin.

To anyone who has Vapor Trails on vinyl can you please post a picture of the back cover? I'm interested in seeing it and also what the track listing is for each side. If it doesn't show them by side on the back can you please tell me how they are arranged by side? Thank you.

Welcome to the forum..... :cheers: :)

More please.

Seems odd that she'd get the only album out of a promotional truck like that, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

I'd like this a whole lot better if entire tracks and not just the first two minutes of each song played, but maybe that was the only way it would work. Cool concept though.

I think I played mine a few times as soon as I got it to see how it worked, but haven't touched it since other than to look at the front and back cover sometimes.