AUSTIN SHOW

pony2112

Wonder which set list we get? I saw set list A in Dallas. Doesn't look like this show has sold as well, as the one they did in Austin last time. Ticket brokers still have tons of seats left, and have now started discounting them. I think if they ran a few ads in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Waco etc... it might help sell a few more.
  • Like 1

Thats a big problem with mid-week shows. It's difficult for fans to travel from farther away when they have to be at work early in the A.M. the following day.

I had been considering flying into Austin for the show but mid-week prices for hotels and a rental car priced me out of that trip.

• Like 1

during the S&A tour, they actually had half the arena "blocked off". I had never seen that before. It was pretty cool because this made the stage closer to everyone, regardless where your seats were. They didn't repeat this, though, for The Time Machine.

I was a bit surprised that they chose to come to Austin since they just played the other major Texas cities at the end of the first leg of the tour 5 short months ago. For those that don't know the geography of Texas, the major cities aren't that far apart.

Anyway, I'll be there.

Clem

• Like 1

Wonder which set list we get? I saw set list A in Dallas. Doesn't look like this show has sold as well, as the one they did in Austin last time. Ticket brokers still have tons of seats left, and have now started discounting them. I think if they ran a few ads in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Waco etc... it might help sell a few more.

Where are these discounted tickets, I might be treking down to Austin.

I'm NOT very good with computers, but I go on the Google checked Ticket Hub today and that site said there were only 500 plus seats left for the Austin show. But, does that mean that THEY only have 500 seats left to sell, or the entire venue has 500 seats left in total?

I'm NOT very good with computers, but I go on the Google checked Ticket Hub today and that site said there were only 500 plus seats left for the Austin show. But, does that mean that THEY only have 500 seats left to sell, or the entire venue has 500 seats left in total?

Not sure, but if you click onto section 34 (where my seats are) there are still 69 tickets available! That's a bunch, for a show that's a little over two weeks away. You can click onto each section and see how many seats are left. The arena still has quite a few face value tickets left in the upper bowl. These brokers will be making deals on show day! ha ha!

I think that venue holds about 10,000 - 11,000 for an "end concert" stage and seating arrangement, so if there are only 500 - 600 seats left, that's pretty good considering the economy of the day. They'll probably sell out that show. On the first leg of the CA tour they sold out 1/3 of the shows, while the vast majority were about 90% capacity.
  • Like 1

I don't think they've sold Austin out the last few tours, but it's been substantially full. Another thing to think about, this will be the first show that Rush does after they're officially RRHOF members. Don't know if that would generate any last minute tickets from Texans in the area.....

Clem

Rush has always drawn well in Texas, just look at the crowds from the first leg in Dallas, San Antonio and Houston.

They may have drawn well in Dallas, but for the taping of the DVD, it was the lamest, quietest crowd I can remember....

For whatever reason, the crowds in San Antonio and Houston were much more enthusiastic...

I am curious if they are going to "cheat" crowd noise in between songs for the DVD release.....cause in between songs in Dallas you could hear a pin drop....I was shocked....let's just say it wasn't a Rush in Rio crowd, that's for sure....

I agree, while it was a large crowd, is was quiet. I love Clockwork Angels....but, I was watching the crowd, and the hour of new stuff drained the energy.

Edmonton was the same way. All the deep cuts in the first half and then the new stuff in the 2nd half. My section was dead until Tom Sawyer.

Rush has always drawn well in Texas, just look at the crowds from the first leg in Dallas, San Antonio and Houston.

They may have drawn well in Dallas, but for the taping of the DVD, it was the lamest, quietest crowd I can remember....

For whatever reason, the crowds in San Antonio and Houston were much more enthusiastic...

I am curious if they are going to "cheat" crowd noise in between songs for the DVD release.....cause in between songs in Dallas you could hear a pin drop....I was shocked....let's just say it wasn't a Rush in Rio crowd, that's for sure....

rush crowds are never particularly rowdy

I assume the B setlist will be in Austin, for the reason that the last show was just a few hours away in Houston, and they finished with A, right?