Popcorn

Tom Sawyer

I eat it nearly everyday.

Just tossed with a small sprinkle of popcorn butter and a dash or two of salt.

I could eat it plain, but ..naaaaah.

You like popcorn?

• Like 1

Just saw this thread...guess what I'm going to the pantry for...BTW, popcorn from Popcorn, Indiana is the bomb.....red and white bags of heavenly goodness..... :drool: :drool:

I. Love. Popcorn.

Back in the day (before microwaves) my mom would make it old skool style. Butter and kernels in a huge covered pot. That's the way to go. Popcorn is so good. Except I eat it with such frenzy that it gets in my hair and everywhere else around me. Plus, I like it dripping in a cardiac arrest-level amount of butter.

• Like 1

I must be the only hater.

One of the worst smells in the world (eggs are the worst) is butter-flavored microwave popcorn cooking up. Thankfully the company where I work has a ban on it, as one of the owners also hates the smell.

There are too many other tasty snack foods (Quaker Popped! sweet chili-flavored mini rice cakes) to deal with the shards of popcorn that get stuck in your teeth and gums. Or even better - lodge themselves in your throat.

Kettle Corn :popcorn: :notworthy:

Yes!!! My son's Cub scount troops sold really good kettle corn. Orville Redenbacher has decent kettle corn too.

One of the worst smells in the world (eggs are the worst) is butter-flavored microwave popcorn cooking up. Thankfully the company where I work has a ban on it, as one of the owners also hates the smell.

You've obviously never lived with a spouse or large dog that suffer from bouts of flatulence.

• Like 1

I. Love. Popcorn.

Back in the day (before microwaves) my mom would make it old skool style. Butter and kernels in a huge covered pot. That's the way to go. Popcorn is so good. Except I eat it with such frenzy that it gets in my hair and everywhere else around me. Plus, I like it dripping in a cardiac arrest-level amount of butter.

I still remember my mom's old popcorn pan. :)

You've obviously never lived with a spouse or large dog that suffer from bouts of flatulence.

I live with a spouse who farts frequently. We also have two dogs, but they're pretty fart-free.

Fart smell dissipates much faster than microwave popcorn odor. Yes, you may have an eye-watering couple of minutes, but that damn fake butter smell lasts all afternoon.

Cannot stand microwave popcorn and that nasty fake butter. But at least once a week either Karen or I break out the Whirly-Pop and make a batch. I'll go whole hog, coconut oil for popping, and finish with real butter and sea salt. Yummo!
  • Like 2

I love popcorn, but this stuff is a rip-off:

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s410/datura67/canvas_zpsfce49c34.png

It contains about 30% less popcorn than the standard bags, yet they charge the same price. :( :popcorn:

:yes: And they are a bitch to open.

Cannot stand microwave popcorn and that nasty fake butter. But at least once a week either Karen or I break out the Whirly-Pop and make a batch. I'll go whole hog, coconut oil for popping, and finish with real butter and sea salt. Yummo!

Only way to go... I cannot stand "microwave" popcorn. I'd rather eat instant mashed potatoes.

We use a pot/kettle like this:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4007/4693212519_ecf40cf1ba.jpg

Very easy and tastes 100x better. the narrow bottom allows the popcorn to pop and not sit in the oil. You get almost every kernel popped this way too.

We also have this contraption...

http://www.meijer.com/assets/product_images/styles/xlarge/1001418_04830_A_400.jpg

It is great for popping real popcorn in the microwave. Not as good as the stovetop method, but it does well in a pinch. Only problem is you can't make too much or the popcorn gets soggy due to the steam that builds on the underside of the lid.