Popcorn

Tom Sawyer

I love popcorn. I'm not sure how to convey EXACTLY how much I love the stuff. It makes me so very happy.

That fake microwave in a bag toxic crap will not do. Not do at all. I do microwave it in a bowl specifically made to do that...much like the one above. Drizzle some olive oil on it and sprinkle with a good amount of Kosher salt. To. Die. For.

Or, no butter, no oil, just Franks Red Hot Sauce (I put that sh*t on everything!) Just a few shakes and mix it up...whoo! Delish!

Haven't had popcorn in probably 10 years. Don't miss it.

Ironically, unlike Mara, I actually love the smell of popcorn...but have no care to eat it.

Also, I've heard rumblings about it not being good for you...so it's made my decision that much easier.

love it at the movies—with some Twizzlers and a pop.....but i must say, my 2yr old daughter has grown very fond of the poppedcorn =) since the year started (2013) she's been snacking up the popcorn like crazy! lol RushOn!

I've heard rumblings about it not being good for you.

I don't think it's the popcorn that is bad for you. It's what gets put on the popcorn. Too much butter isn't good for you.

just got a bag of "Chicago Mix" popcorn, caramel and cheddar cheese mixed together... it's really good

Earlier this year the local Big Lots had bags of Chicago Mix from Mello's Peanut Co. in Chcago. Karen would call me while I was driving home to work and tell me to stop by and get some. OMG talk about addiction, that stuff could have been worse than crack!

• Like 1

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4153Z0G472L.jpg

Whirly Pop makes great popcorn!

Amen! Between Karen and I, ours gets used 3 to 4 times a week. On most Sundays

I will overload it, putting in half a cup plus two tablespoons of popcorn, so much so that it overflows and you can't turn the stirring handle. The contents goes into two bowls, one for each of us (Karen likes a little butter, but not a butter slick like I do. Yum!

Edited by pjbear05

I will overload it, putting in half a cup plus two tablespoons of popcorn, so much so that it overflows and you can't turn the stirring handle. The contents goes into two bowls, one for each of us (Karen likes a little butter, but not a butter slick like I do. Yum!

:LOL:

Do you ever add flavors? Caramel, cheese, or spicy?

Winter is popcorn weather for us.

Usually no. I could never get the flavors as right as the commercial companies can. Especially with something like Chicago mix-damn,those folks at Memo's sure got that stuff right

But one person advised I should try sprinkling on a little wasabi powder.

• Like 1

Usually no. I could never get the flavors as right as the commercial companies can. Especially with something like Chicago mix-damn,those folks at Memo's sure got that stuff right

But one person advised I should try sprinkling on a little wasabi powder.

Wasabi! :drool: :yes:

You ever use olive oil?

Just at the cinema...though I prefer nachos there, getting good nachos at the theaters here is like like trying to get a croissant on the moon. Anyway, popcorn...yeah!

Had to like this post, especially the 'like trying to get a croissant on the moon' bit - made me laugh out loud! :P

• Like 1

Just at the cinema...though I prefer nachos there, getting good nachos at the theaters here is like like trying to get a croissant on the moon. Anyway, popcorn...yeah!

Had to like this post, especially the 'like trying to get a croissant on the moon' bit - made me laugh out loud! :P

It took you two and a half years to like it?! ;)

And there still aren't good nachos at cinemas here. In fact, most theaters have completely stopped selling them! Sumbitches!!! :blaze:

• Like 1

It took you two and a half years to like it?! ;)

And there still aren't good nachos at cinemas here. In fact, most theaters have completely stopped selling them! Sumbitches!!! :blaze:

I didn't notice the date - I just saw the comment! :blush:

• Like 2

I like it,

But not as much as I used to. I remember back in the day. My mom would made a huge batch of it and put in a large paper bag. Then we would all pile in the station wagon and head to the drive in movie. :codger:

• Like 4

I like it a lot. Salty or sweet.

How about both, at the same time? :eh:

http://savingmoneyplan.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/kettle-corn.jpeg