Guthrie Govan's new Charvel

treeduck

What a beautiful Charvel! :heart:

Thanks also for the tag, Duck! :ebert:

Are you catching up on Babycat tags today Baby? :pokercards: :pokercards: :pokercards: :pokercards: :pokercards:

Yup! :D

Are you catching up on Babycat tags today Baby? :pokercards: :pokercards: :pokercards: :pokercards: :pokercards:

You're are a baby, Baby! :hi:

• Like 1

I've looked at the Charvel product range & this guitar isn't available to the general public by the looks of it, at least not yet, a point to which I think Guthrie alluded in his interview. I hope they do put it on the market. It looks sweet. I like the 24 fret range & the way in which they have unobtrusively routed out the tailpiece for a trem that you can push/pull & generally abuse to your heart's content. Good pickup choices too.

I would love to try it out. I hope it does see the commercial light of day.

I've looked at the Charvel product range & this guitar isn't available to the general public by the looks of it, at least not yet, a point to which I think Guthrie alluded in his interview. I hope they do put it on the market. It looks sweet. I like the 24 fret range & the way in which they have unobtrusively routed out the tailpiece for a trem that you can push/pull & generally abuse to your heart's content. Good pickup choices too.

I would love to try it out. I hope it does see the commercial light of day.

Yeah it's only a prototype at the moment. It was all a bit of a secret until recently, nothing was known about this until a few months ago. As far as anyone knew GG was still with Suhr.

Looks great. I would be interested if it were a hardtail. Never warmed up to vibrato bars...

Yes I know what you mean. The only guitar I own that has a bar is the Charvel I mentioned in my previous post. I never really bothered with one until then, but I have practised hard with it to learn how to use it etc. It's great for doing the sort of 80s metal stuff (Van Halen, Ratt, Dokken) in an authentic way that I couldn't quite duplicate without a bar previously. It was quite stiff & inflexible from the factory set up, but it does "play in" with perseverance.

I like this guitar because it has a floating trem (you can pull up or push down) unlike the Floyd Rose (push down only) that I already have. And it has 24 frets.....I always wanted a 24 fret guitar.

I really hope they market this one, as Charvels are generally very good value for money too.

Looks great. I would be interested if it were a hardtail. Never warmed up to vibrato bars...

Yes I know what you mean. The only guitar I own that has a bar is the Charvel I mentioned in my previous post. I never really bothered with one until then, but I have practised hard with it to learn how to use it etc. It's great for doing the sort of 80s metal stuff (Van Halen, Ratt, Dokken) in an authentic way that I couldn't quite duplicate without a bar previously. It was quite stiff & inflexible from the factory set up, but it does "play in" with perseverance.

I like this guitar because it has a floating trem (you can pull up or push down) unlike the Floyd Rose (push down only) that I already have. And it has 24 frets.....I always wanted a 24 fret guitar.

I really hope they market this one, as Charvels are generally very good value for money too.

I used to have a Charvel and miss it quite a bit. I have thought a lot about the new San Dimas line. They look fantastic and I am sure that they play wonderfully. I love the look of Govan's and would welcome the 24 frets. Never had one of those.

Can't you adjust your floyd Rose to float? I've never encountered one that couldn't be adjusted. I know many people block them to try and keep the intonation but you should be able to make it float if you wanted it to.

Can't you adjust your floyd Rose to float? I've never encountered one that couldn't be adjusted. I know many people block them to try and keep the intonation but you should be able to make it float if you wanted it to.

Yes I think you can do that but not without having to route (sp?) the body out first. May be wrong but I think you'd have to do that on my Charvel to make the bar float.

Edited by Turbine Freight

:hi: !

:hi: !

:hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:

:hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:

:hi: :hi: :hi:

:hi: :hi:

:hi:

Have you watched the clip of Guthrie playing? The way he does those super slick glissandi is insane. What technique! Those song clips sound fantastic. I really do like the look of this guitar.

By now I've seen that clip and about 6 million other clips of Guthrie!! :LOL: :guitar:

This is GG's latest Prototype with the original Floyd Rose, without the fine tuners...

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3747/9397421078_e321701c6d_b.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5459/9397420862_2e3b4c1012_b.jpg