Well, duck asked for it, so here's the 2013-14 Miami Dolphins thread.

We'll start the fun with some free agent news...Fins apparently in the lead for the speedy free agent WR Mike Wallace...

There may be a leader in the Mike Wallace Derby.

FoxSports.com’s Alex Marvez, in a story published Saturday evening, quoted a source that said the Dolphins were currently the “lead dog” for the Steelers’ free-agent wideout.

According to Marvez, the climate in Miami isn’t hurting the franchise’s cause.

“He prefers warm weather,” the source told Marvez.

The 26-year-old Wallace is the top player available in PFT’s Free Agent Top 100. Possessing rare field-stretching speed, Wallace never figured to lack interest in free agency. According to Marvez, Wallace is expected to garner offers averaging $11-12 million annually.

Now, the focus turns to whether the Dolphins’ orange-and-teal silks are ahead at the wire come decision time for Wallace.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/09/dolphins-lead-dog-for-mike-wallace/

I think he's as good as gone. Too bad, because he was a fairly good cover corner (though with hands of stone) and the best we had.

Schefter reporting Fins interest in Jared Cook.

Great, another underachieving tight end. Yay.

Bush and Long are gone.

Not too depressed about that.

You are!

No, I'm not.

Long will be paid more than he's worth. The team that signs Bush will rue the day they did.

Bush and Long are gone.

You are!

No, I'm not.

Long will be paid more than he's worth. The team that signs Bush will rue the day they did.

Cards? Lions? They have nothing anyway...

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Dolphins and Mike Wallace are negotiating a five-year deal that one source familiar with the talks said is "very, very likely" to get done

We'll probably overpay. But we desperately need him...there's no speed at all among our current wideouts.

Bush and Long are gone.

You are!

No, I'm not.

Well, at least the Lions are used to seeing carries for negative yardage. Even in the Barry Sanders days. Bush should be able to recreate that part of Sanders' game.

Dolphins and Mike Wallace are negotiating a five-year deal that one source familiar with the talks said is "very, very likely" to get done

We'll probably overpay. But we desperately need him...there's no speed at all among our current wideouts.

Yeah Wallace is overpriced. The smart thing would be to wait and sign cheaper options who will give 90% instead of 50%, like Wallace will.

Bush and Long are gone.

You are!

No, I'm not.

Well, at least the Lions are used to seeing carries for negative yardage. Even in the Barry Sanders days. Bush should be able to recreate that part of Sanders' game.

The Lions have low expectations, they'll be happy. They never had a perfect season in 1972 like the Phins. They did have Barry but they still won nothing and lived in the basement.

Yeah Wallace is overpriced. The smart thing would be to wait and sign cheaper options who will give 90% instead of 50%, like Wallace will.

Like who? Anyone else out there that can stretch the field? Wallace's effort is the one thing that I'm concerned about...

Like who? Anyone else out there that can stretch the field? Wallace's effort is the one thing that I'm concerned about...

Jennings, he will sign for a much cheaper contract.

Edited by treeduck

Do you think he can still stretch the field, though?

He's a quality receiver but he's not the deep threat Wallace is. I wouldn't mind having Jennings but will be happy with either, and I wouldn't mind skipping the Cook deal and signing Jennings if they don't blow the entire cap that way.

He's a quality receiver but he's not the deep threat Wallace is. I wouldn't mind having Jennings but will be happy with either, and I wouldn't mind skipping the Cook deal and signing Jennings if they don't blow the entire cap that way.

If i was the Dolphins GM right now, I'd draft a receiver. The best available. Probably Austin. Patterson will be gone most likely.

If i was the Dolphins GM right now, I'd draft a receiver. The best available. Probably Austin. Patterson will be gone most likely.

Any chance they could trade out of #12? I've always been a fan of stockpiling picks though the pendulum seems to have swung the other way and teams are loath to give up too many since the Jimmy Johnson chart seems to have fallen out of favor (it was way too heavily weighted toward the top of the draft.)

Any chance they could trade out of #12? I've always been a fan of stockpiling picks though the pendulum seems to have swung the other way and teams are loath to give up too many since the Jimmy Johnson chart seems to have fallen out of favor (it was way too heavily weighted toward the top of the draft.)

Yeah but it depends who wants to trade up obviously. I think the Texans might want to, in their minds they need a receiver after two play-off runs that failed.

Kruger deal to Cleveland done, 5 yrs $35-40 million (not sure how much guaranteed).