Phil Collins Genesis

Sometimes I think progheads don't realize how hard it is to write a good pop song. Listening to a good pop song can be just as challenging and rewarding as listening to a prog epic. "No Reply at All" KICKS ASS!

Agreed, though I could do without the horns in No Reply at All.

All I am saying is give horns a chance.

Again, listen to what the man said.

One thing both era fans can agree on is that Mama is a fing classic of theirs. PC always delivers the goods when it comes to his darker songs like that and In The Air Tonight.

Totally agree. PC can do the dark, complex stuff very well and i wish he continued with it. His first solo album was great, as were some tracks from his early Genesis front man days. I just wish he hadn't sold out into marshmallow fluff after that. :sarcastic:

Edited by ThatLightInYourEyes

Well, well, well.

http://www.progrockm...ntions-genesis/

Me happy.

Agreed. This is something to look forward to.

Wow, this is simply fantastic...I hope this possibility turns into a reality.

New music from Phil, possible Genesis music and dates.

Can you even imagine how incredible a full reunion and performance of

The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway to celebrate it's 40th anniversary would be?

I'm watching the documnetary "Genesis: Sum of the Parts", and they're just now describing the impact that the addition of Phil Collins had on the band. "I never ever could have imagined the difference a drummer could make."

Phil.

Neil.

Bonzo.

Stewart.

The Mount Rushmore of rock drumming?

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/MountRushmore_zpsyagxqhsp.jpg

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

I'm watching the documnetary "Genesis: Sum of the Parts", and they're just now describing the impact that the addition of Phil Collins had on the band. "I never ever could have imagined the difference a drummer could make."

Phil.

Neil.

Bonzo.

Stewart.

The Mount Rushmore of rock drumming?

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/MountRushmore_zpsyagxqhsp.jpg

A Mount Rushmore of rock drumming could include dozens. And, yes, Ringo Starr belongs on it!

• Like 1

Yeah, I agree Phil is one of the all-time great drummers, so musical and creative. Love his playing with Brian Eno and Steve and Peter solo too.

As for the new documentary, I'm watching it for the second time now, and man does it piss me off. They revere Anthony Phillips as though he was the most sacred Genesis member, and then proceed to kick Steve to the curb. It's BS. Sure, give Anthony his overdue credit, but what the F is Tony's problem with Steve Hackett? Steve played on Nursery Cryme, Foxtrot, Live, Selling England by the Pound, The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, A Trick of the Tail, Wind and Wuthering, Spot the Pigeon, and Second's Out—what a run! And still they treat him like he was nothing to the band.

Don't forget Brand X.

I get the feeling and always have done that nothing gets thru without Tony Banks' approval. If he doesn't want to play Gabriel era stuff or if he wants to give Hackett short shrift he can get his way. That's fine and good but it doesn't lessen the impact this music and these musicians had. Maybe he doesn't appreciate Hackett going out and doing Genesis shows on his own. Banks still gets paid for not playing that material but maybe it just doesn't sit well with him.

Even still I love most of the music Genesis ever put out. I even thought Calling All Stations had some great music on it. Beats most stuff Mike or Tony have done on their own.

• Like 2

Don't forget Brand X.

I get the feeling and always have done that nothing gets thru without Tony Banks' approval. If he doesn't want to play Gabriel era stuff or if he wants to give Hackett short shrift he can get his way. That's fine and good but it doesn't lessen the impact this music and these musicians had. Maybe he doesn't appreciate Hackett going out and doing Genesis shows on his own. Banks still gets paid for not playing that material but maybe it just doesn't sit well with him.

Even still I love most of the music Genesis ever put out. I even thought Calling All Stations had some great music on it. Beats most stuff Mike or Tony have done on their own.

P.C.is certainly up there with the best rock drummers and while his performances with Genesis are superb,what is always overlooked are his contribution to the brilliant Brand X.Great jazz rock,and on the odd occasion you get the voice of Collins too!

• Like 1

Wind and Wuthering is my favorite. I like Nursery Crime and the self-titled one as well. Actually the only one I never warmed up to was the one without Phil.

I'm one of the few who Loves collins era. they made my fav album. Trick of the Tail. Gabriel did some classic stuff but for whatever reason.......i could never get fully into it. The run from Trick to Genesis is it for me. the exception being the weaker And Then there were Three.

Mick

• Like 1

I don't think you need to call him names. He can definetly be petulant though ill give u that. Hes a great keyboardist and wrote some pretty incredible stuff with Genesis.

I'd rather be called a bitch than petulant

• Like 1