Jump to content


King Diamond


  • Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 fraroc

fraroc

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2463 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Rock music, roller coasters, aviation, writing novels,

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:50 PM

Seeing comments making fun of his voice or how he looked in the 80s reminds me how much I hate metal elitists.

Sponsored Post

#62 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 9830 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:11 PM

View Postfraroc, on 02 November 2017 - 06:50 PM, said:

Seeing comments making fun of his voice or how he looked in the 80s reminds me how much I hate metal elitists.

If someone makes fun of King's voice and look then they are in no way a metal elitist. Metal elitists usually love King.

#63 fraroc

fraroc

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2463 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Rock music, roller coasters, aviation, writing novels,

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:32 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 02 November 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

View Postfraroc, on 02 November 2017 - 06:50 PM, said:

Seeing comments making fun of his voice or how he looked in the 80s reminds me how much I hate metal elitists.

If someone makes fun of King's voice and look then they are in no way a metal elitist. Metal elitists usually love King.

I dont know man, it does seem very "metal elitist" to dismiss King Diamond because they felt that The Family Ghost was too "hair metal", considering the fact that metal elitists have a notorious hateboner for hair metal.

#64 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 9830 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:26 PM

View Postfraroc, on 02 November 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 02 November 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

View Postfraroc, on 02 November 2017 - 06:50 PM, said:

Seeing comments making fun of his voice or how he looked in the 80s reminds me how much I hate metal elitists.

If someone makes fun of King's voice and look then they are in no way a metal elitist. Metal elitists usually love King.

I dont know man, it does seem very "metal elitist" to dismiss King Diamond because they felt that The Family Ghost was too "hair metal", considering the fact that metal elitists have a notorious hateboner for hair metal.

How the hell is Family Ghost hair metal? Where are you even getting that from?

#65 fraroc

fraroc

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2463 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Rock music, roller coasters, aviation, writing novels,

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:48 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 02 November 2017 - 10:26 PM, said:

View Postfraroc, on 02 November 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 02 November 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

View Postfraroc, on 02 November 2017 - 06:50 PM, said:

Seeing comments making fun of his voice or how he looked in the 80s reminds me how much I hate metal elitists.

If someone makes fun of King's voice and look then they are in no way a metal elitist. Metal elitists usually love King.

I dont know man, it does seem very "metal elitist" to dismiss King Diamond because they felt that The Family Ghost was too "hair metal", considering the fact that metal elitists have a notorious hateboner for hair metal.

How the hell is Family Ghost hair metal? Where are you even getting that from?

Apparently a bunch of commenters thought that the outfits that the members of his band in that time period wore were too "Bon jovi" for music like King's. The song itself is so far away from hair metal though.

#66 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 9830 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:18 PM

View Postfraroc, on 02 November 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 02 November 2017 - 10:26 PM, said:

View Postfraroc, on 02 November 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 02 November 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

View Postfraroc, on 02 November 2017 - 06:50 PM, said:

Seeing comments making fun of his voice or how he looked in the 80s reminds me how much I hate metal elitists.

If someone makes fun of King's voice and look then they are in no way a metal elitist. Metal elitists usually love King.

I dont know man, it does seem very "metal elitist" to dismiss King Diamond because they felt that The Family Ghost was too "hair metal", considering the fact that metal elitists have a notorious hateboner for hair metal.

How the hell is Family Ghost hair metal? Where are you even getting that from?

Apparently a bunch of commenters thought that the outfits that the members of his band in that time period wore were too "Bon jovi" for music like King's. The song itself is so far away from hair metal though.

Don't worry about what those people say. That video was made 30 years ago their complaint is completely irrelevant.

#67 Rod in Toronto

Rod in Toronto

    Crushed in Rio

  • Members *
  • 8616 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Interests:Running, music, movies, travelling, reading, food.

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:04 AM

Fraroc, that makes ZERO sense.

#68 fraroc

fraroc

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2463 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Rock music, roller coasters, aviation, writing novels,

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:34 AM

View PostRod in Toronto, on 03 November 2017 - 03:04 AM, said:

Fraroc, that makes ZERO sense.

I know it doesn't make any sense, that's what makes those elitist arguments so ridiculous.

https://www.youtube....h?v=xGC2iP5ss6E

I mean look here, the other guys in the band do dress in an 80s rock fashion...because it was the 80s! It wasn't like they were dressing overly gaudy like Pretty Boy Floyd or Poison or Asylum-era KISS. But if something just slightly resembles hair metal, metal elitists automatically reject it, and I think that's bullshit.

Edited by fraroc, 03 November 2017 - 10:39 AM.


#69 thirteen

thirteen

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 850 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia
  • Interests:Guitar.
    AC/DC, Rush, Seasick Steve, SRV, Rainbow/Deep Purple.

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:08 PM

Amazing vocalist.

#70 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 9830 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:47 PM

View Postthirteen, on 03 November 2017 - 07:08 PM, said:

Amazing vocalist.

What he does vocally is truly unique. No one else has a voice like his.

#71 Rod in Toronto

Rod in Toronto

    Crushed in Rio

  • Members *
  • 8616 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Interests:Running, music, movies, travelling, reading, food.

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:12 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 03 November 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

View Postthirteen, on 03 November 2017 - 07:08 PM, said:

Amazing vocalist.

What he does vocally is truly unique. No one else has a voice like his.

Indeed! I must admit that what he does is not something you listen to casually - you have to be fully engaged in order to appreciate it and understand it - and I usually can't take more than one album because it's so intense. But he's unique, and absolutely nobody came even close to him in what he does.

#72 Stormtron

Stormtron

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 7034 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:VA

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:59 AM

Satanic Kabuki Dracula with a ridiculously high voice that sings about ghosts...OF COURSE THIS APPEALS TO ME. Love the King.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users