Jump to content


Worst. Beer. Ever.

worst beer ever

  • Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#41 Hatchetaxe&saw

Hatchetaxe&saw

    Hail the mighty Lag!

  • Members *
  • 10852 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Your colon
  • Interests:Misanthropy.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

View PostTony R, on 03 March 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

We've had some crap over here too, and not just out of a can. There's a thing that mainly old men drink in working men's clubs called Dark Mild. It looks and tastes exactly like dirty washing up liquid and is weaker than a hair metal fan's erection.

Anything with the word "Mild" in it cannot be any good. If it was called "Dark Satanic Piss Fire", it would taste divine.

Sponsored Post

#42 Hatchetaxe&saw

Hatchetaxe&saw

    Hail the mighty Lag!

  • Members *
  • 10852 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Your colon
  • Interests:Misanthropy.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 03 March 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

I've never tasted a Scottish ale that was pleasant to drink

Most of the popular ones are fairly ropey alright, but there are some beauts. The ales from Islay are to die for. What an island, all that incredible smoky whisky, and great ales too. The locals must have livers made of steel.

#43 Aikenrooster

Aikenrooster

    Freightdreamliner

  • Members *
  • 9055 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aiken, SC, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
  • Interests:Empathy.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

I don't like Heineken, in a bottle.  I don't know why, but the aftertaste is horrible.  For some reason, thought, the draught is not as bad.  Someone told me that this aftertaste is due to Pasteurization, but I don't know enough about beers to know whether he was telling the truth.  All I know, is that I have NEVER liked the mainstream(Anheiser-Busch) American beers, which was probably good, because it kept me from being an alcoholic like everyone else in the American south.  But, recently, I have given beer a second chance, trying things like Samuel Adams, Blue Moon, Fat Tire, and all this seasonal stuff, and it's great.  The cool thing is, that the beer doesn't have to be 32.1 degrees to be drinkable.  Heck, it's even better if it's NOT so cold.  It's actually got flavour.  Now, I even drink 2 or 3 beers before supper on the weekends.

I tried a Bud Light Lime, the other day, and I immediately understood why Europeans always said American beer tasted like horse piss.  That's because it IS horse piss.

Edited by Aikenrooster, 03 March 2013 - 09:07 AM.


#44 pjbear05

pjbear05

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2667 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, FL
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 02 March 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

Posted Image

I've drank this beer just once...and I'm glad
LMFAO, I've seen and heard lots of beers slammmed, but nowhere near as many than against Nati light.

#45 pjbear05

pjbear05

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2667 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, FL
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

View Postgoose, on 02 March 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

Schlitz Malt Liquor, Colt 45 and Old English 800.  The last couple onces of a 40.  That's pretty bad beer.
OMG, malt liquor does that bring back memories!  when I lived in Detroit a common occurence was going across the river into Windsor, going to the Brewers Retail Outlet, load up the car and bring it back.  For some reason the biggest by was Molson Brador, which was labeled as a malt liquor, but we loved it.  Also brought back a lot of John Labatts, can't remember if it was Special Stock or Extra Stock, and that was pretty decnet.  Of course for the commoners we picked up Blue and 50 Ale.

There was a DJ on WJLB (soul) in Detroit named  "Frantic" Ernie Durham, that would plug, " drink Colt 45 malt  liquor, it'll get you lit much quicker."

#46 pjbear05

pjbear05

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2667 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, FL
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostCygnusGal, on 03 March 2013 - 07:22 AM, said:

View PostLerxster, on 03 March 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

View PostCygnusGal, on 03 March 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 02 March 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 02 March 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

A lot of bashing of the light beers, but on a hot day, after a long day's physical labor, or at the beach or on the golf course, a light beer suits me just fine.

There are some craft beers I've tried that have been horrible.  Small run, seasonal specials, the fruity Christmas releases, those have been the worst for me.
the beer must be as cold as humanly possible though
I do not care for fruited or flavoured beers either.  And, I don't care for wheat beers as I find them too dry for my palate.

The reason for the cold is to shock your taste buds to make it palatable.  Seriously.  That's why Bud can only be consumed cold but a beer like Guinness can be served at a higher temperature and it actually has a more developed flavour when not ice cold.  Same with Sam Adams and Bass and other yummy beers.  I know a bit about beer.

Here's a beer that was popular with my friends when I was in school (it was cheap), but I always found dreadful.  Busch.
Posted Image

I'll be curious to see if someone posts the cheap beer that I used to drink ($4.99 for a 12 pack, baby!) but I found palatable.
I find Busch to be palatable as a budget beer. Tough times demand Busch beer.
I have a friend who drinks PBR for that very reason. :cheers:
I know a number of folks also do that  One of the local sports bar chains here was selling PBR 16 oz Tall Boy cans for 2 @ $3.00.

#47 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 84305 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostCygnusGal, on 03 March 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

View PostBabycat, on 02 March 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 02 March 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

Posted Image



Posted Image

Is it that bad..?
It is.

Oh dear... Very weak..?

#48 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 66905 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

View Postpjbear05, on 03 March 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

View PostCygnusGal, on 03 March 2013 - 07:22 AM, said:

View PostLerxster, on 03 March 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

View PostCygnusGal, on 03 March 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 02 March 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 02 March 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

A lot of bashing of the light beers, but on a hot day, after a long day's physical labor, or at the beach or on the golf course, a light beer suits me just fine.

There are some craft beers I've tried that have been horrible.  Small run, seasonal specials, the fruity Christmas releases, those have been the worst for me.
the beer must be as cold as humanly possible though
I do not care for fruited or flavoured beers either.  And, I don't care for wheat beers as I find them too dry for my palate.

The reason for the cold is to shock your taste buds to make it palatable.  Seriously.  That's why Bud can only be consumed cold but a beer like Guinness can be served at a higher temperature and it actually has a more developed flavour when not ice cold.  Same with Sam Adams and Bass and other yummy beers.  I know a bit about beer.

Here's a beer that was popular with my friends when I was in school (it was cheap), but I always found dreadful.  Busch.
Posted Image

I'll be curious to see if someone posts the cheap beer that I used to drink ($4.99 for a 12 pack, baby!) but I found palatable.
I find Busch to be palatable as a budget beer. Tough times demand Busch beer.
I have a friend who drinks PBR for that very reason. :cheers:
I know a number of folks also do that  One of the local sports bar chains here was selling PBR 16 oz Tall Boy cans for 2 @ $3.00.
PBR is the beer value!

#49 KenJennings

KenJennings

    Mr. Establishment

  • Members *
  • 21278 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

Posted Image

#50 Maverick

Maverick

    SWEDGIN!

  • Members *
  • 24863 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Low Earth Orbit
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

Miller High Life

/thread

#51 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

    The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

  • Members *
  • 14440 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Goatnut, TN
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

Mickey's Big Mouths.nasty nasty

#52 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

    Commit to the Indian

  • Members *
  • 24799 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Chicago Blackhawks. Detroit Redwings. Guess which one I lied about.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

Old Style...case closed.

#53 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 33749 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:43 AM

The worst beer ever is a skunky Corona.

MGD SUCKS TOO!

#54 Hatchetaxe&saw

Hatchetaxe&saw

    Hail the mighty Lag!

  • Members *
  • 10852 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Your colon
  • Interests:Misanthropy.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:46 AM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 04 March 2013 - 03:43 AM, said:

The worst beer ever is a skunky Corona.

MGD SUCKS TOO!

Corona is bath water mixed with more bath water.

#55 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 84305 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

View PostHatchetaxe&saw, on 04 March 2013 - 03:46 AM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 04 March 2013 - 03:43 AM, said:

The worst beer ever is a skunky Corona.

MGD SUCKS TOO!

Corona is bath water mixed with more bath water.
I've never tried Bath Water......

#56 Hatchetaxe&saw

Hatchetaxe&saw

    Hail the mighty Lag!

  • Members *
  • 10852 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Your colon
  • Interests:Misanthropy.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

Posted Image

A pint of real stout, Galway, Ireland, last Saturday night.

#57 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

    The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

  • Members *
  • 14440 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Goatnut, TN
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

View PostHatchetaxe&saw, on 04 March 2013 - 06:32 AM, said:

Posted Image

A pint of real stout, Galway, Ireland, last Saturday night.
I can proudly say that I've been to St. James Gate...and loved every second of it!

#58 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32619 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

There's a lot of snobbery towards American beer. And sure there's a lot of piss and shit out there but some of the best beers I've had were from the microbrews found in the Northwest.

#59 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

    The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

  • Members *
  • 14440 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Goatnut, TN
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

SouthPaw-- :spitwater:

#60 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

    73

  • Admin
  • 34665 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

View PostHatchetaxe&saw, on 04 March 2013 - 03:46 AM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 04 March 2013 - 03:43 AM, said:

The worst beer ever is a skunky Corona.

MGD SUCKS TOO!

Corona is bath water mixed with more bath water.

But put a wedge of lemon in it, and it's PARTY TIME! :banana:





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: worst, beer, ever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users