Official 2013 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

This is the year!

Angels go down to the Northside Bashers 11-2 yesterday.

The defending World Champion Giants fall today, 4-3

The 2013 World Champions of Baseball...the Chicago Cubs! And thanks to Back to the Future II, the 2015 championship is already in the bag...

Can anyone say: DYNASTY?

• Like 1

This is the year!

The 2013 World Champions of Baseball...the Chicago Cubs! And thanks to Back to the Future II, the 2015 championship is already in the bag...

They are a dynasty ...of losing. ;)

This is the year!

Yes, but we'll have to re-align Miami to fulfill the prophecy. ;)

• Like 1

Geddy Lee is excited about the Blue Jays

http://mlb.mlb.com/v...624439&c_id=mlb

I was just fixin to post this.....great article

Hey gang! Is anyone excited about the World Baseball Classic????

I have tickets for the last three games at AT&T Park!

Japan V. USA?

If I was Geddy I would be excited about the Jays too! They are going to WIN THE EAST!

Reds will win 90+ , not so sure about moving queto to the rotation.

and yes, I do miss the lastros

What are they going to do about Chapman?

I had him last year as my closer. He was a BEAST.

Are they going to start him this year?

Votto is a STUD. I can't believe the Giants came back to beat your team. Lame.

Chapman is going in as a starter and I don't like it , how many innings can he throw 105 mph ? :|

I agree with you. That is sketchy. If that's a Crusty Baker move then it totally makes sense to me. He loves to wear arms out! A horrible manager.

So glad he choked with Bonds in the 2002 World Series.

Sorry misspoke earlier, I mean chapman not cueto, queto already a starter. Both tall latin guys that throw really hard :sundog:

You still have broxton. the reds bullpen was nasty last year, I really thought because of that unit they would have made some noise in postseason.

I would go Cueto 1 and then Chapman 2. They could make a poster like the Bash Brothers did in the late Eighties. This time it would be Cueto and Chapman. "HOT SALSA!" The two of them together in full uniforms dipping their baseballs in habanero salsa. They can both through the HEATER!

Perhaps I should contact the Reds tomorrow with my idea. The posters would sell like "hotcakes." LOL!

Reds are going to be good.

I haven't done my baseball fantasy draft yet but I'm thinking if I can't land a Trout (lol) or Braun or Miggy then I might go for Votto.

there's no hope for my Cubbies. The championshipless streak reaches a new record of 105 years. :banghead:

But at least you have two exciting players to watch! Starlin Castro and Anthony Rizzo!!

Also watch out for SOLER!!!!

Cubbies will be back on the map in a few years!

Another fun player on the cubs....Darwin Barney, very good SS. I hit a homerun off him in highschool. he was a really good SS, not a good pitcher :eyeroll:

I was tempted to pick up Barney last year. I agree. He's good! That's cool that you played ball. Did you play college ball?

No i didnt play college ball, I could have played D2 or D3. Theres not much scholarship money there, and I was too practical. It was fun watching oregon state win back to back CWS, I played with 2 of the guys on those teams in HS, and many of the others I played against. Stars aligned and state of oregon had some awesome talent

Hey dude! Sorry it didn't work out for you! It's strange that you brought up Oregon.

My oldest daughter Zoe is a BEAST at Northgate high school for soccer. She made Varsity last year as a freshman.

This year she changed club teams and is now on the Pleasanton RAGE. Upper caps are actually on purpose.

Anyway Zoe was in Dallas last weekend with her new team. The Oregon Duck coach watched all three of their games.

Zoe has emailed the coach a few times and they like her.

Of course they can't contact her until August of this year with NCAA rules.

I hope Zoe is a Duck and stays on the west coast. Otherwise it's Boston College or North Carolina.

A kid can dream I guess!!

So proud!!

GO A'S!!!!!

CESPEDES 30/30?

There is a buzz around the Jays that I haven't seen for years! Tickets are selling really well. The Skydome will be rocking like the early 90's. I was at the first game ever and have followed them ever since. Jays and A's in ALCS? Yes - just like 1992 all over again!
  • Like 1

There is a buzz around the Jays that I haven't seen for years! Tickets are selling really well. The Skydome will be rocking like the early 90's. I was at the first game ever and have followed them ever since. Jays and A's in ALCS? Yes - just like 1992 all over again!

I saw them in May '77 and have been following them ever since too.

Nice article in USA Today, btw. Apparently, Geddy is pretty excited about the Blue Jays too!

http://www.usatoday....e-jays/1949323/

I hope it is a good year! Go Blue Jays! :cheerleader:

Chapman is going in as a starter and I don't like it , how many innings can he throw 105 mph ? :|

I agree with you. That is sketchy. If that's a Crusty Baker move then it totally makes sense to me. He loves to wear arms out! A horrible manager.

Sorry misspoke earlier, I mean chapman not cueto, queto already a starter. Both tall latin guys that throw really hard :sundog:

You still have broxton. the reds bullpen was nasty last year, I really thought because of that unit they would have made some noise in postseason.

I would go Cueto 1 and then Chapman 2. They could make a poster like the Bash Brothers did in the late Eighties. This time it would be Cueto and Chapman. "HOT SALSA!" The two of them together in full uniforms dipping their baseballs in habanero salsa. They can both through the HEATER!

Perhaps I should contact the Reds tomorrow with my idea. The posters would sell like "hotcakes." LOL!

I haven't done my baseball fantasy draft yet but I'm thinking if I can't land a Trout (lol) or Braun or Miggy then I might go for Votto.

Get McCutchen 2nd round if still available. Guy is a stud!

Get McCutchen 2nd round if still available. Guy is a stud!

I agree with you on McCutchen.

If I draw number one out of the hat I was going to go

1. Trout

2. Posey

3. Hamilton

4. Harper

Then take some pitching.

Is that insane thinking?

What do yall think about Atlanta? I havent made my mind up on the uptons, It wouldnt shock me if one won MVP or were complete busts. the potential is certainly there

Lets be honest, they did make a splash in the offseason, but I'm not entirely sure it's gonna make them one of the best in the league. Heyward has to be a contributor for that lineup to be really solid, and he doesn't strike me as that much of a threat, but who knows?

Rangers pitching prospect Martin Perez was struck in the forearm with a line drive yesterday, and will be out a couple months.. Throws some question as to who the number 5 starter is gonna be. Rangers success is built around pitching this year, and they're a completely different squad.

there's no hope for my Cubbies. The championshipless streak reaches a new record of 105 years. :banghead:

But at least you have two exciting players to watch! Starlin Castro and Anthony Rizzo!!

Also watch out for SOLER!!!!

Cubbies will be back on the map in a few years!

Another fun player on the cubs....Darwin Barney, very good SS. I hit a homerun off him in highschool. he was a really good SS, not a good pitcher :eyeroll:

I was tempted to pick up Barney last year. I agree. He's good! That's cool that you played ball. Did you play college ball?

No i didnt play college ball, I could have played D2 or D3. Theres not much scholarship money there, and I was too practical. It was fun watching oregon state win back to back CWS, I played with 2 of the guys on those teams in HS, and many of the others I played against. Stars aligned and state of oregon had some awesome talent

Hey dude! Sorry it didn't work out for you! It's strange that you brought up Oregon.

My oldest daughter Zoe is a BEAST at Northgate high school for soccer. She made Varsity last year as a freshman.

This year she changed club teams and is now on the Pleasanton RAGE. Upper caps are actually on purpose.

Anyway Zoe was in Dallas last weekend with her new team. The Oregon Duck coach watched all three of their games.

Zoe has emailed the coach a few times and they like her.

Of course they can't contact her until August of this year with NCAA rules.

I hope Zoe is a Duck and stays on the west coast. Otherwise it's Boston College or North Carolina.

A kid can dream I guess!!

So proud!!

GO A'S!!!!!

CESPEDES 30/30?

Awesome about your daughter, it would be cool for her to go to oregon. another west coast program that is really solid for womens soccer is university of portland, they won a NC a few years back, very good school, academics, campus.

Tell her to keep up the good work!

What do yall think about Atlanta? I havent made my mind up on the uptons, It wouldnt shock me if one won MVP or were complete busts. the potential is certainly there

Lets be honest, they did make a splash in the offseason, but I'm not entirely sure it's gonna make them one of the best in the league. Heyward has to be a contributor for that lineup to be really solid, and he doesn't strike me as that much of a threat, but who knows?

well last year you could argue they were one of the best in the league. I dunno, they will miss bourn and chipper, replacing them with the uptons? I dont know if that is much of an upgrade, they will probably win 90. Good bullpen, not stellar starting pitching, solid offense.

well last year you could argue they were one of the best in the league. I dunno, they will miss bourn and chipper, replacing them with the uptons? I dont know if that is much of an upgrade, they will probably win 90. Good bullpen, not stellar starting pitching, solid offense.

Lets just hope they don't have another horseshit Infield Fly rule type call, fans might start committing suicide.

• Like 1

So no one is sad that it's Mo's (Mariano Rivera of the NY Yankees) last season before retiring? He sure had a great run there....I still miss Jorge the catcher! Jeter is next!! :boohoo: :boohoo:

Okay, where are the Yankee haters?

:scared: :scared:

So no one is sad that it's Mo's (Mariano Rivera of the NY Yankees) last season before retiring? He sure had a great run there....I still miss Jorge the catcher! Jeter is next!! :boohoo: :boohoo:

Mo has always had a ton of class and he is impossible to hate even though he's probably the most successful Yankee of the latest run of Yankee champions.

Doesn't make me hate the team any less, but not him individually. I hope he saves 40 and the Yankees go 40-122.

• Like 1

Mo has always had a ton of class and he is impossible to hate even though he's probably the most successful Yankee of the latest run of Yankee champions.

Doesn't make me hate the team any less, but not him individually. I hope he saves 40 and the Yankees go 40-122.

40-122?? That's a major ouch!! But, I totally understand where you're coming from as I can't get into these younger Yankee players at all! Yankees can't seem to find good consistent pitching and offense, and without these on a daily basis, you're dead meat!! Doesn't help that Jeter is aging and the team was built around him in years past. They need some new talent fast!

:codger:

Edited by rushfanforever!

40-122?? That's a major ouch!! But, I totally understand where you're coming from as I can't get into these younger Yankee players at all! Yankees can't seem to find good consistent pitching and offense, and without these on a daily basis, you're dead meat!! Doesn't help that Jeter is aging and the team was built around him in years past. They need some new talent fast!

:codger:

Maybe they can coax Derrek Lee out of retirement, he's only 37, you know...