Ticketmaster Locked Me OUT! WTF??!!

Principled Man

I can't get onto Ticketmaster at all. I was going through the tickets, and I was about to buy some, and then it LOCKED ME OUT....

Anyone else get SCREWED??

I can't get onto Ticketmaster at all. I was going through the tickets, and I was about to buy some, and then it LOCKED ME OUT....

This is what I'm getting.....

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /event/07004A53B2E99705 on this server.

I am so sorry, and don't know what to tell you. When we tried to enter in the password for the pre-sale we kept getting rejected because we weren't using an uppercase "R".

I'm wondering if there's a limit to the number of times you can request and reject tickets in an hour. I went thru quite a few tickets, and then I got locked out.

But I can get onto ticketmaster with my iPhone....but NOT my home computer.....WTF??

They did this to me on Tuesday, and again today before the pre-sales started. Here's what I did to make that problem go away 1. Turn off your modem or router for 5 minutes. 2. Delete the cookies on all the computers you are using to buy the tickets. I've done this several times today and it has worked each time. BTW what a Douchy thing for TM to do to their customers!!! :rage:
  • Like 1

We just tried to get tickets to Hamilton, but it only seemed to take Canadian addresses. You had to select which province you lived in. It may have been a strictly Canadian ticketing agency, not sure.

They did this to me on Tuesday, and again today before the pre-sales started. Here's what I did to make that problem go away 1. Turn off your modem or router for 5 minutes. 2. Delete the cookies on all the computers you are using to buy the tickets. I've done this several times today and it has worked each time. BTW what a Douchy thing for TM to do to their customers!!! :rage:

I will try this. It figures that I would get locked out right when I scored some sweet seats.....

• Like 1

It's ticketmaster so everyone is always getting screwed.

That was a silly question on my part..... :doh: :doh:

Yes, there is a limit to the number of times you can try for tickets.

It's part of TM's security to stop scalpers.

There is no way for them to differentiate a fan from a scalper when it comes to searching for tickets.

I agree it's a lousy system however there are ways around it.

Worst part about it is now that you've been locked out once, you're on the list so that the next time you go over the number of requests the ban will be longer.

What *I* would suggest is that you start off by emailing TM Customer Service.. which will get you nowhere but there will be a paper trail at that point. From there I would connect with their Social Media team (@Ticketmaster on Twitter). Explain the situation to them as well.. which probably wont get you any farther along.. but again, it's a paper trail.

After that I would suggest you start a conversation with Nathan C. Hubbard on Twitter (TM CEO).

He has been known to put people in contact with the right support reps at TM who can actually do something about the ban.

I had to go through this process last year and there was a very reasonable solution offered by the rep I dealt with.

Edited by Snaked

I'm wondering if there's a limit to the number of times you can request and reject tickets in an hour. I went thru quite a few tickets, and then I got locked out.

But I can get onto ticketmaster with my iPhone....but NOT my home computer.....WTF??

that is because it is using your routers address to block you. Your phone does not run off your router but it can still be blocked by the phone number. the block will usually last 24 hours.