2013 - 08/04 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't yet know of the meetup place but a LOT of people are staying at the Marriott which is within walking distance of the venue as well as the power and light district. Those of you on FB look for the KC page

Nobodys hero, I don't yet know where the actual meet-up, or meet-ups are, either; however, I've received information from a few people on Facebook, that some of the meet-ups (pre-show parties) will be by invitation only, and that these invited fans will receive invitations from the RAT group, or some group like that one, soon. For some reason, it's taking a long time for these pre-show gatherings to be arranged. Most of the info I have about this is still very vague, but I would imagine there will be several pre-show meet-ups before the show (some that will not be by invitation only), especially since there will be such a LARGE group going to KC!!!!! I'm very glad you brought up this topic, 'cause it's getting so close to the concert date, and I don't know how I should proceed further with this. Usually, arrangements are made much more easily and much earlier, for these pre-show gatherings!!!!!! I know one thing for sure.........I'm VERY MUCH looking forward to meeting you before the show.......RUSH ON!!!!!!! :cheers: :ebert: :rush: :geddy: :NP:

thinking about attending this show, just can't get enough of this band. would be interested in sharing hotel and transpo from some point (drive or airport). lmk if anyone interested in sharing expenses....i'm harmless and will bring gifts in the form of rare music! :) need a ticket too but that is the easy part. LOL. email me, thks.

Nobodys hero, I don't yet know where the actual meet-up, or meet-ups are, either; however, I've received information from a few people on Facebook, that some of the meet-ups (pre-show parties) will be by invitation only, and that these invited fans will receive invitations from the RAT group, or some group like that one, soon. For some reason, it's taking a long time for these pre-show gatherings to be arranged. Most of the info I have about this is still very vague, but I would imagine there will be several pre-show meet-ups before the show (some that will not be by invitation only), especially since there will be such a LARGE group going to KC!!!!! I'm very glad you brought up this topic, 'cause it's getting so close to the concert date, and I don't know how I should proceed further with this. Usually, arrangements are made much more easily and much earlier, for these pre-show gatherings!!!!!! I know one thing for sure.........I'm VERY MUCH looking forward to meeting you before the show.......RUSH ON!!!!!!! :cheers: :ebert: :rush: :geddy: :NP:

Vive I'm going to send you an invite. Jim Brunke is arranging a lot of it (he's a Rat) and I don't know how much will be at the Marriott where most of us are staying. I think the LORE'S will probably also do a brunch or something. I'll message you on FB for whatever meet-up info I find! Can't wait to meet, this will be EPIC!

Those of us that aren't worthy of being invited to private meetups might think about going to the Flying Suacer (101 E. 13th Street) in the Power & Light District. I've never been there, but the beer selection is impressive (over 250 beers on their list, although how many are in stock, we'll see).

Vive I'm going to send you an invite. Jim Brunke is arranging a lot of it (he's a Rat) and I don't know how much will be at the Marriott where most of us are staying. I think the LORE'S will probably also do a brunch or something. I'll message you on FB for whatever meet-up info I find! Can't wait to meet, this will be EPIC!

nobodys hero, you're a "Rush angel"!!!!!!!! :kisshug: Thanks SO MUCH for letting me know about these gatherings, and for sending me an invite; I really appreciate it!!!!!!! :notworthy: I definitely want to get in on this!!!!! Also, I agree that this whole deal in KC is going to be "EPIC", as you said, and I can't wait to meet you, either!!!!!! :hug2: Let the "RUSH TIMES" roll!!!!!! :cheers:

Those of us that aren't worthy of being invited to private meetups might think about going to the Flying Suacer (101 E. 13th Street) in the Power & Light District. I've never been there, but the beer selection is impressive (over 250 beers on their list, although how many are in stock, we'll see).

This is a good idea, Tom. :ebert: :clap: There may end up being a lot of Rush fans there. :cheers: :rush: The name of the place is very interesting, too!!!!!!! ;) :lol:

Sounds like a plan. I don't even know what a Rat is so I'm sure I'll be at the Flying Saucer a lot.

Let's do it. I figure on rolling into town around 2 or 3, checking in, and then meeting and drinking!

Yup, gonna take this show in too. 22nd row Alex side.

hi..i will be coming from Denver ..i have floor middle row 13 seat 13.... sure would love to party up before and after the show..any help would be great... email... Hardcore RushFan aol.com

I'll be there. Driving in from Denver with a bunch of Rush Rats!

( Hardcore RushFan) ....i also will be driving... it will be my 2 nd only show..Denver being my First.. i sure hope i could meet up with you fans....

That's fantastic, nobodys hero!!!!!!! :ebert: :cheerleader: :banana: I've always wanted to meet you, and it's never worked out before!!!!!!!! :notworthy: Maybe, this time, things will finally come together. :cheers: We've gotta make it happen in KC, nobodys hero!!!!!! :ebert: :sundog: As you probably already know, many of the Rush ladies and Ged gals are planning to meet up before this show................WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: Sometime, in the coming months, we'll brainstorm and arrange all of this. :hug2:

I'll be there. Driving in from Denver with a bunch of Rush Rats!

Let's do it. I figure on rolling into town around 2 or 3, checking in, and then meeting and drinking!

(Hardcore RushFan) here is a link to the Flying SAUCER.. http://www.beerknurd.com/stores/kansascity/

Yup, gonna take this show in too. 22nd row Alex side.

hi..i will be coming from Denver ..i have floor middle row 13 seat 13.... sure would love to party up before and after the show..any help would be great... email... Hardcore RushFan aol.com

here is a link to The Flying Saucer http://www.beerknurd.com/stores/kansascity/ looks great .. I will be hanging out there.. hopefully meeting all you Hard Core Rush Fans...

Hey all,

New here but an immigrant from many years on RTF and Counterparts under the same name. Sad story, but I'll be in KC alone for the show as my wife is staying behind and is due in a few months. I'll prob. book a downtown hotel and am looking for other fans to drink with pre- and post show. Much obliged for any hang-out partners. I'll also be section 2, row 15 or something like that.

Glad to be back on a Rush board. I kind miss talking about the band....

cov

are you from KC? i am also alone for the show.. i need a great drinking buddie.. or Buddies.. lol I will be coming in from Denver.... Were is everyone staying??????

link to the Flying Sauce http://www.beerknurd.com/stores/kansascity/

Sprint Center just released more floor level tickets - sections 4,5,6

https://tickets.axs....ush?&ref=evs_fb

And side stage, closest to the stage, row 5.... nice...

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202013%20Milwaukee%204%20July/IMG_3757_zps0471e240.jpg

Everyone going to KC.......I just discovered this info on Facebook, and thought you all might be interested, if you want to meet before the show:

Rush Party:

Mcfaddens

Pub · Sports Bar

1330 Grand Blvd., Kansas City, Missouri 64106

(816) 471-1330

So, we FINALLY have another location where Rush fans will be meeting BEFORE the show. :cheers: I believe the party starts at 2:30 pm., and there will be a private room set up, where all the Rush fans will be gathering. BTW, I think someone mentioned this earlier in this thread, as a pre-show meet-up location. Sorry, I didn't find out about this sooner!!!!! :o :blush: ;)

Scored Section 115 Geddy Side stage Row 4, Seat 4 around 9am EST on Tuesday the 23rd. Plus these were at the $76 level. Coming in from Michigan solo ready to party and get my :rush: ON for show #3!!! Hope to run into some of you guys and gals. The Saucer place looks like my kinda hangout after a McFaddens stop.

Archived