2013 - 07/31 - Salt Lake City, UT - USANA Amphitheatre

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

So uhhhh, which bar are we all going to meet at?

:rfl:

Go Utah!

I went to this venue back in 2007 but didn't go for it this time. I remember it being quite a drive from the airpor. I had a Rush friend who lived in the area who picked me up and took me back to the airport, but I wouldn't want to navigate that drive myself.

I went to this venue back in 2007 but didn't go for it this time. I remember it being quite a drive from the airpor. I had a Rush friend who lived in the area who picked me up and took me back to the airport, but I wouldn't want to navigate that drive myself.

I used to live in Utah so it's no issue for me. However I did book a hotel by the airport and have been reconsidering that to find something closer, it's definitely not as close as I had originally thought.

I live up in the Ogden area (Roy), so it's a bit of a drive for me also. It's really my only complaint about them playing the amphitheatre instead of indoors. Say what you will about Energy Solutions Arena (pka the Delta Center), but at least it's convenient to get to and make a day out of instead of being in BFE (or BFWVC if you will). Either way, I am taking off the day of and the day after the concert, and plan to be there for sound check.

I live up in the Ogden area (Roy), so it's a bit of a drive for me also. It's really my only complaint about them playing the amphitheatre instead of indoors. Say what you will about Energy Solutions Arena (pka the Delta Center), but at least it's convenient to get to and make a day out of instead of being in BFE (or BFWVC if you will). Either way, I am taking off the day of and the day after the concert, and plan to be there for sound check.

There is going to be a pre-show meet up at the Copper Creek Pub & Grub if you are interested. :-)

What time is that going to be? I am totally down for that.

It will start at 4 PM. :)

I live up in the Ogden area (Roy), so it's a bit of a drive for me also. It's really my only complaint about them playing the amphitheatre instead of indoors. Say what you will about Energy Solutions Arena (pka the Delta Center), but at least it's convenient to get to and make a day out of instead of being in BFE (or BFWVC if you will).

I am so glad they started going to USANA instead of the Delta Center, that place was absolutely horrible for sound. The Vapor Trails concert for me in 2002 was absolutely ruined by the horrible acoustics in there. I will be driving from Boise for this and if they played at the Delta Center again, I would go to a different town entirely. Although I hate the way USANA dribbles out tickets to events and the prime seats scam they are running for this year's show really makes me angry.

As to the meetup, it sounds fun, I just hope I already have tickets by then or else I will have to show up to the ampitheater early to get the best selection from the nice people selling tickets outside. Does anyone know a good hotel in the area, usually I drive back to Idaho right after the show but I don't want to do that this time.

I live up in the Ogden area (Roy), so it's a bit of a drive for me also. It's really my only complaint about them playing the amphitheatre instead of indoors. Say what you will about Energy Solutions Arena (pka the Delta Center), but at least it's convenient to get to and make a day out of instead of being in BFE (or BFWVC if you will).

I am so glad they started going to USANA instead of the Delta Center, that place was absolutely horrible for sound. The Vapor Trails concert for me in 2002 was absolutely ruined by the horrible acoustics in there. I will be driving from Boise for this and if they played at the Delta Center again, I would go to a different town entirely. Although I hate the way USANA dribbles out tickets to events and the prime seats scam they are running for this year's show really makes me angry.

As to the meetup, it sounds fun, I just hope I already have tickets by then or else I will have to show up to the ampitheater early to get the best selection from the nice people selling tickets outside. Does anyone know a good hotel in the area, usually I drive back to Idaho right after the show but I don't want to do that this time.

SLC is nearly sold out everywhere during that time of the year, it has been very tricky to find rooms and all of my favorite hotels there are sold out or want over $600.00 a night, which is not going to happen.

I can't swallow paying over $200.00 for a Holiday Inn so I found the Sleep Inn in South Jordan through TripAdvisor for 69.99 a night. If you are willing to drive further, there was a Hampton Inn for $113.00 a night with an AAA discount.

I used to live in Utah so it's no issue for me. However I did book a hotel by the airport and have been reconsidering that to find something closer, it's definitely not as close as I had originally thought.

The venue's nice but the traffic is horrible! It was built in an area that doesn't have any highways nearby. Go early and take I-80 to 56th west.

SLC is nearly sold out everywhere during that time of the year, it has been very tricky to find rooms and all of my favorite hotels there are sold out or want over $600.00 a night, which is not going to happen.

I can't swallow paying over $200.00 for a Holiday Inn so I found the Sleep Inn in South Jordan through TripAdvisor for 69.99 a night. If you are willing to drive further, there was a Hampton Inn for $113.00 a night with an AAA discount.

I'll be there. I'm not driving so I don't know if I'll be able to get to the meetup. Who's going to be there?

Have you tried Tooele for hotels? The venue isn't anywhere near commercial developments so you’re not going to find hotels nearby. Tooele isn't that far away. And for Apollo, Davis County has some hotels next to I-15 in the Layton area. The drive would be on your way back to Idaho and isn't that far from Usana.

This is going to be my second concert and the first one I wasn't as into the group as I am now. Now I am so excited I can't wait. It would be fun to meet some other fans. Count me in, I know the place and it is easy to find. Counting down the days! :rush: :haz: :yay:

Coming from England for this gig, looking forward to seeing you all SLC !

hi that is fantastic that your flying in from England..wow..do you have all you places your going to in booked?

If there is anything i could do for you when your in Denver let me know.... i hope you have a wonderful time at the show...

There is going to be a pre-show meet up at the Copper Creek Pub & Grub if you are interested. :-)

http://www.coppercreekpub.com/contact.html

It looks like I might be able to be there. The "chubby burger" looks good.

hi that is fantastic that your flying in from England..wow..do you have all you places your going to in booked?

If there is anything i could do for you when your in Denver let me know.... i hope you have a wonderful time at the show...

Wow what happened to the font I used on my post looks awful ! Yeah we got a hotel in slc the baymont suites or something like that , driving up from monument valley in the days before the show , been thru Colorado the last few days , it's as hot as hell here !

Wow what happened to the font I used on my post looks awful ! Yeah we got a hotel in slc the baymont suites or something like that , driving up from monument valley in the days before the show , been thru Colorado the last few days , it's as hot as hell here !

I drove up from there for the Time Machine tour SLC stop, I hope you're going through Moab and checking out the Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, they are fantastic!

But it's a dry heat. :)

Archived