2013 - 07/26 - Vancouver, BC - Pepsi Live at Rogers Arena

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

And I'll share out photos to anyone interested, if I'm able to take any, and if anyone else wants to do the same.... :)

On a slightly related note, I wonder what Geddy is going to be wearing that night? Last time I saw him, in Edmonton, he had brown pants and this greyish shirt he kept buttoned up, mostly. I hope he goes for something a little less... brown... this time around! :)

Not that this matters. It's the music that matters, of course. And the show. But my eyeballs certainly wouldn't mind being appreciative of Geddy's garb! :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Argh, scrap the yellow sundress. It would have been awesome, but just discovered it has a stain on it, and I don't have time now to wash it and see if it comes out. So, plan B....

Hmm.....

Well, one thing I've discovered is that at Rush concerts, there's a certain level of heat going on, what with all the excited fans and all. So I've learned to dress so that I don't end up getting too warm. Woe to the one that comes dressed in long pants and a sweater!

I'm not ticked about the lack of limelight. I'm ticked about seeing them in both Edmonton and Vancouver and getting the same setlist both times. I would of loved seeing Manhattan Project.

This is exactly the same boat with me! The exact same at both Edmonton and Vancouver. I chuckled to myself after, when I realized the odds were actually pretty low that every song would be the same - no random switch-outs. Ah well.

Where were you sitting? I was row 14, supposed to be just left of centre, but people kept pushing so that I ended up dead centre - no qualms with that! I just wish that I was about a foot taller - too many heads obstructing my view of being able to see what was actually going on on the stage!

And I'll share out photos to anyone interested, if I'm able to take any, and if anyone else wants to do the same.... :)

On a slightly related note, I wonder what Geddy is going to be wearing that night? Last time I saw him, in Edmonton, he had brown pants and this greyish shirt he kept buttoned up, mostly. I hope he goes for something a little less... brown... this time around! :)

Not that this matters. It's the music that matters, of course. And the show. But my eyeballs certainly wouldn't mind being appreciative of Geddy's garb! :)

I borrowed my Moms camera for the show since it's half the size of mine and easier to sneak in. Turns out her camera is a POS. When you take a picture you have to hold the button for five seconds while the camera focuses to take the picture, and if it's to dark the picture won't turn out good even with the flash on. Factor in Geddy and Alex moving around and my first 5 pictures turned out horribly so I had to give up. Please share your pictures from dead center. :)

I borrowed my Moms camera for the show since it's half the size of mine and easier to sneak in. Turns out her camera is a POS. When you take a picture you have to hold the button for five seconds while the camera focuses to take the picture, and if it's to dark the picture won't turn out good even with the flash on. Factor in Geddy and Alex moving around and my first 5 pictures turned out horribly so I had to give up. Please share your pictures from dead center. :)

I will, but I'm having trouble with this new camera - I'm trying to transfer the photos onto the computer, but it keeps erroring and timing out and stuff. Grr, I don't have the patience right now! :(

Maybe I'll transfer the photos from camera #2 while I'm waiting....

I didn't even bother taking pictures. When considering it, I am often reminded of Robert Kaplan once saying "If you have to take a picture of something, you almost don't deserve to remember it." That and the fact that far more professional photographers will do that job far better than I could.

I didn't even bother taking pictures. When considering it, I am often reminded of Robert Kaplan once saying "If you have to take a picture of something, you almost don't deserve to remember it." That and the fact that far more professional photographers will do that job far better than I could.

I know what you mean, and part of me agrees. There's really something to be said about giving yourself to the moment entirely, without fumbling around with a camera or whatever. But I really do like having my own personal momentos - my own pictures, even they're not as great as a professional photographer's, give me a lot of satisfaction, because they're something that's unique to me and my perspective, literally (where I'm seated at a concert) and figuratively (what I choose to focus on). And when I capture a randomly wonderful moment, as I did this time around, I'm thrilled.

I really try to have a balance between 'being in the moment' and 'capturing the moment'. I don't want to have a camera glued to my body during an entire show, so I pick my moments where I take lots of shots in quick succession - usually during songs I'm less likely to rock out to - and put it away for other songs. I think this works well for me. My first two Rush shows I didn't bother taking in any kind of camera, and while I enjoyed the show, I was later a bit disappointed that I didn't have any personal momentos. And it's a bit of a thrill to try to capture great moments ("Ooh! Geddy's facing Neil! Photo op!"), and be able to share them with others.

So, taking photos works for me. Others might judge me as not being able to fully submerge myself in the concert experience, but the rewards I get make it all very much worth my while. There are others that want to simply rock out and they have their best concert experience this way, and that's fine. My best way seems to be a happy balance between the two ways, and I'm kind of glad I've figured this out and am ok with it, because for a while I was thinking that there might be something wrong with wanting to take pictures, that I would be missing out. Not so, for me. :)

Alright, for anyone interested, I have put up an album of concert photos at photobucket.

Here is the link:

http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/GoddessMika/library/Rush/Vancouver%202013-07-26/Vancouver%20130726

And it's password-protected, and the password is:

vancouvermika

Hope you like 'em, and don't be shy in sharing your own photos! :)

Where's Alex?

I know! :( My particular view didn't get a lot of Alex, with all the heads in between me and the stage. I'm lucky I got as much of Geddy as I did (which I know is still a lot! :P) I didn't want to be obnoxious and hold my camera up above my head - that wouldn't be very cool for those behind me.

Archived