2013 - 06/28 - Chicago, IL - First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Did VIP for this. My first outdoor :rush: concert!

Your first outdoor RUSH show and you picked Tinley Park?

I'm sorry :P

Why?? What's the problem?? Is the sound that bad?

:huh:

I have been to Tinley Park several times dating back to when it was called "The New World Amphitheater" and I have some very strong personal opinions of the place.

However, I know some people who absolutely love it.

It's just that for *ME*, it's not a place I choose to visit again unless there is something truly special going on there.

Like opening night of a tour.. or final show of a tour.. or if they announce they're filming it... etc.

I have been to Tinley Park several times dating back to when it was called "The New World Amphitheater" and I have some very strong personal opinions of the place.

However, I know some people who absolutely love it.

It's just that for *ME*, it's not a place I choose to visit again unless there is something truly special going on there.

Like opening night of a tour.. or final show of a tour.. or if they announce they're filming it... etc.

A lot of "Different Stages" was recorded there. That should make some excited. Everyone should be thankful it's not at the UC again this time.

Tinley Park is fine...no better or worse than any other outdoor ampitheater I've been to (Mansfield MA and Saratoga NY). My only problem is that an outdoor concert on June 28th means that the first set will be played in the daylight, so lighting impact will be minimal at best. I like my Rush concerts played inside or after sunset for the full impact of the lighting.

i'll be there, but not sure if i'll drop money to get close, as in the past.

most likely i'll do summerfest too

1st row center, closest I've ever been at Tinley

That's awesome! So you're been there before! Hoping to be upfront as well. Any word of the wise to this venue newbie. Read some real horror stories of this place, but trying not to think about it. (Leaving show a real madhouse, picky ass security, fights, etc.) I'm coming solo!

Wow...just checked Ticketmaster, and there appears to be LOTS of pavilion tickets still available for this show, especially in the second set of sections. The sections on either end appear to have only sold a couple of dozen seats. While the lawn has been a bit sparse at past Rush shows at FMBA, the pavilion has always been packed. Not so this time around?? It's still 2 1/2 months away, so things could change.

That's awesome! So you're been there before! Hoping to be upfront as well. Any word of the wise to this venue newbie. Read some real horror stories of this place, but trying not to think about it. (Leaving show a real madhouse, picky ass security, fights, etc.) I'm coming solo!

I've never had a problem here, other than the sound, lol. There is no tailgating so you will have to meet-up with folks off site, there is a gathering, let me know if you are interested and I will hook you up! I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Does anyone know of a good bar to go to before the show?

There is no tailgaiting in the parking lot.

I here it is a bitch to get out of the lot after the show.

Wonder if there is a bar or restaurant with a shuttle bus..

have read bad reviews about venue sound, little kids running the place, no tailgating (except parrotheads-they are allowed to). i have a seat but may well end up on the lawn. i like to have the option. it would be nice to take over a local bar befoere the show. any ideas? i moved downstate over a decade ago.

I don't mind this venue...but the traffic usually sucks getting into and out of this place (nothing like Alpine Valley, thank god).

I'm taking my 9 year old daughter. This will be her first Rush show. She keeps asking me "how much longer until the Rush show." :)

Ive been there a few times. All the times I have been there, there has never been a problem. The sound isn't too bad. The last time i was there was last July for a Iron Maiden concert and Alice Cooper opened for them. The sound isn't perfect, but still sounds pretty damn good to me! Its a lot of fun!

Has anyone noticed that RUSH played the same venue on the same date in 1992 RTB tour!

Really? I love how they recorded some of Different Stages there! It gives the place a nice little Rush history!

Different Stages was awesome.

I was there. They played all of 2112!

The drum solo was Neil's best ever. I remember dancing to the big band portion. :blush:

If you listen to the CD, I was the one screaming in the audience! :7up: :7up:

Some really nice seats released by Ticketmaster for Chicago.

Details in thread on the Lighted Stage forum.

Thanks for the heads up on tickets!

I just scored 4th row in front of my Man Lerxst!

I'll actually be able to see every note he is playing!

Yes, I play Guitar.

I'll be sitting alone, so if any of the hot female Rush fanatics are looking for some company...Just sayin :drool: :7up: :ebert:

Some really nice seats released by Ticketmaster for Chicago.

Details in thread on the Lighted Stage forum.

Thanks for the heads up on tickets!

I just scored 4th row in front of my Man Lerxst!

I'll actually be able to see every note he is playing!

Yes, I play Guitar.

I'll be sitting alone, so if any of the hot female Rush fanatics are looking for some company...Just sayin :drool: :7up: :ebert:

No problem, glad you scored a great seat without paying the brokers....and avoiding the MTs VIP costs. It KILLED me seeing those seats open up and I wasn't able to take advantage of it...I waited last minute and had just purchased tickets earlier in the day. I was eyeing those 4th row in front of Geddy.

Enjoy the show. Can't help ya on the hot female part :)

I just got one fourth row ticket in front of Geddy. Psyched. Never been to this venue before, hate to hear sounds problems. Hopefully there won't be any the night of the show.

Archived