2013 - 06/21 - Hershey, PA - Giant Center

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude stay in touch. There's uncertainty a'brewin' over our babysitter. I don't know if NS75 is still hoping for the seat. Just be ready if the wife bails—by then there might not be anyone still looking for a single. I'm holding out (very little) hope that I win the store's meet and greet contest. It's getting near the time the winner for this show will be chosen.

Dude stay in touch. There's uncertainty a'brewin' over our babysitter. I don't know if NS75 is still hoping for the seat. Just be ready if the wife bails—by then there might not be anyone still looking for a single. I'm holding out (very little) hope that I win the store's meet and greet contest. It's getting near the time the winner for this show will be chosen.

most definitely still looking!

Anyone know which setlist is planned for this one? I saw B'more and AC which were both the same except for limelight instead of the body electric. Hope to get a different set this time, even if it's just one song swapped out again.

I will be / still am looking for a real good SINGLE ticket.

keep me posted if anyone has one come about.

If you want to meet up there to perhaps take advantage of getting a pair, let me know. I'm going sans ticket hoping to get a good one myself. My cap is $150 tho and I'm hoping to get one for less. I'm very well versed in buying/selling tix at venues. The only time I've ever sold for more than FV was at a Jimmy Buffet concert that was sold out. Otherwise at football games I've bought/sold and ended up going into games for free w/ club seats.

I realize that Rush tix are a slightly different ball game, NPI, but I've also noticed that this tour hasn't been as "demanded," at least from a ticket perspective, as the TM tour was a couple of years ago. There have been lots for sale outside venues unlike on the TM tour.

Just scored two seats for Hershey! A1, Row 30! Would have liked a little closer still, but still amazed that we'll only be twice as far back from the last VIP row there! And a week before show day? Not bad!

I wish I knew which direction the rows were numbered. We're seats 8 and 9 which is going to either mean closer to section B1 or closer to the upper level. Either way I can't believe I finally have floor seats!!!

Apparently people are meeting at Troegs. Also Wingmaster, NaturalScience75 and I (and anyone else who wants to show up) are going to the wharf bar and grill for some food and drink. No idea what's allowed at the actual venue parking lot. I love meeting new fans, but a giant convention at one place isn't really my jam. Being able to relax and sit, eat and drink a few beers is, though.

Just think...72 hours from now this show will be over and we'll be heading home. Less than 3 days to wait!

Altho w/o ticket, I'm pumped.

As to the TG situation, I did look into it and it doesn't seem like there's a lot of lattitude. I forget the details b/c when I looked several things would have put up a roadblock for me, I just wrote it off. But I wanted to cook wings out there too like at a football game.

I just did another quick google and this link caught my eye;

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g52819-d667362-r115266055-Hershey_Park_Stadium-Hershey_Pennsylvania.html

The July 11, 2011 review addresses tailgating. Doesn't sound very relaxing.

I'm just going to do The Wharf B&G and relax a little more, it's only 8 miles down the road.

As to the TG situation, I did look into it and it doesn't seem like there's a lot of lattitude. I forget the details b/c when I looked several things would have put up a roadblock for me, I just wrote it off. But I wanted to cook wings out there too like at a football game.

http://www.tripadvis...nnsylvania.html

I'm just going to do The Wharf B&G and relax a little more, it's only 8 miles down the road.

Looks like the link you posted is about the Hershey Stadium, not the Giant Center. I have tailgated at the Center a few times and there were no issues. There are nine of us going so we will be in tailgate mode! Weather looks great so I would rather be outside cranking Rush on our boombox and enjoying some suds. We will be in a large 12 passenger van so come look for us. Here is a link to some Giant Center reviews: http://www.rushisaband.com/rush/tour/2011-Time-Machine-Tour/177/2011/04/08/Giant-Center-Hershey-PA?tour_id=177&type=general&p=2&n=20&o=ASC

http://www.tripadvis...nnsylvania.html

Looks like the link you posted is about the Hershey Stadium, not the Giant Center. I have tailgated at the Center a few times and there were no issues. There are nine of us going so we will be in tailgate mode! Weather looks great so I would rather be outside cranking Rush on our boombox and enjoying some suds. We will be in a large 12 passenger van so come look for us. Here is a link to some Giant Center reviews: http://www.rushisaba...&p=2&n=20&o=ASC

Cool, I'll try and get our group to look for ya.

Are you going to be griling or anything? i.e., if you have a grill up, I can bring some burgers, maybe our little group would want to meet you there if you're inclined to share a grill if you have one.

Scratch that!

Here are the Giant Center policies re: tailgating from their site;

Tailgating

Tailgating is not permitted in the parking lot areas. Guests may assemble at their vehicles under the following conditions:

1. Guests may only occupy the parking space that they purchased upon entering the property.

2. Adjacent parking spaces and driveways must remain clear.

3. Tents and canopies may not be erected in the parking lots.

4. Grills and open flames are not permitted.

Dinner at The Wharf it will be.

Scratch that!

Tailgating

Tailgating is not permitted in the parking lot areas. Guests may assemble at their vehicles under the following conditions:

1. Guests may only occupy the parking space that they purchased upon entering the property.

Yeah, I saw that policy on their site too! Not really sure how hard they enforce that but I probably won't chance it. We will just bring Primo Hoagies and stuff. Come look us up if you get to the lot and have some time. Would like to meet anyone and everyone from here

Tomorrow looks to be a great day! Likey going to Wharf bar and grill fiirst as mentioned in a previous post. I would really like to do some tailgating also. Another TRF friend that i have been to several shows with will be tailgating and I hope to meet up with him at some point. I woud love to meet some more of you also. I have been here a while and to many shows with you all but have actually met few TRF members.

Most importantly, enjoy the show!!!!!!!!!!

My husband and I are planning on meeting Wingmaster at The Wharf around 4 or so. Hope we can meet some other folks, too! We may bring along a cooler of chilled Miller Lite as I would LOVE to get the remaining cans out of my fridge. ROFL!

Scratch that!

Tailgating

Yeah, I saw that policy on their site too! Not really sure how hard they enforce that but I probably won't chance it. We will just bring Primo Hoagies and stuff. Come look us up if you get to the lot and have some time. Would like to meet anyone and everyone from here

Hershey sucks as far as anything tailgating related! In fact, the goons roaming the lots will make you get rid of your beers 99% of the time... best bet is to pour it into solid color cups!

Years back they used to be cool, but since it's supposedly a "family environment" they frown upon such dubachery! (bastards!) That's probably why a lot of bands refuse to play there!

Todays forecast for Hershey PA,

Day High 84 and sunny, 0% chance of rain

Tonight low 59, 0% chance of rain

Rush fan forecast, extatic!

Happy first day of summer! Now lets go break it in in style! Have a blast tonight everybody!

Archived