12 - Best Song From Hold Your Fire

426 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think is the best song from this album? (1104 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think is the best song from this album?

1. Force Ten (171 votes [15.43%])

Percentage of vote: 15.43%

2. Time Stand Still (284 votes [25.63%])

Percentage of vote: 25.63%

3. Open Secrets (80 votes [7.22%])

Percentage of vote: 7.22%

4. Second Nature (36 votes [3.25%])

Percentage of vote: 3.25%

5. Prime Mover (114 votes [10.29%])

Percentage of vote: 10.29%

6. Lock and Key (72 votes [6.50%])

Percentage of vote: 6.50%

7. Mission (199 votes [17.96%])

Percentage of vote: 17.96%

8. Turn The Page (107 votes [9.66%])

Percentage of vote: 9.66%

9. Tai Shan (20 votes [1.81%])

Percentage of vote: 1.81%

10. High Water (25 votes [2.26%])

Percentage of vote: 2.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#421 djflex

djflex

The Professor

• Members
  • 3870 posts
  • Interests:Doing the tasks the voices in my head tell me to do

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:02 PM

Time stand still

Sponsored Post

#422 Earthshine

Earthshine

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4303 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:12 AM

Mission

#423 Derek19

Derek19

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1759 posts
  • Interests:I like listening to music, watch movies I think look, and are really good, exercise, read, and computers including learning more about them, and what to do.

Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:23 AM

For, and to me, I chose "Mission".  The songs "Force Ten", and "Second Nature" are close in second, and third from "Hold Your Fire".

#424 _hi_water._

_hi_water._

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1528 posts
  • Interests:Music, movies and vehicles

Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:05 PM

10. Tai Shan
9. Second Nature
8. High Water
7. Turn The Page
6. Lock And Key
5. Prime Mover
4. Open Secrets
3. Force Ten
2. Mission
1. Time Stand Still

#425 Ged Lent's sis

Ged Lent's sis

The Seeker

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Interests:A 3rd best Rush experience: My 1st concert ever: Permanent Waves. See OTHER FAVE BANDS for poem about it.

Posted 05 June 2020 - 11:45 PM

Thanks for the bump, _hi_ and welcome to THE RUSH FORUM.  I cried again when I clicked and saw the banner. Early morning. Thanks to whoever administers this forum. I don't think I ever saw mention of them before.

My fav'rite's still Open Secrets. I really dig Alex' intro and this hit me deeper than any previous lyric. It had a personal meaning to me at that very time and made me wonder about what it meant to Neil in that it seemed so revealing. I guess I shouldn't take for granted that he can also create and observe and not everything is a window into his soul. But I'm still curious, I hafta admit. Mission has grown on me a lot because of a guy covering Alex' guitar parts on the Yootoobs, which really hipped me to the brilliance of it. And Time Stand Still is bound to hit anyone where it counts - though not any cover version, every one of which saps the RUSH right out of it and leaves only the sap.

#426 _hi_water._

_hi_water._

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1528 posts
  • Interests:Music, movies and vehicles

Posted 06 June 2020 - 10:51 AM

Ged Lent, on 05 June 2020 - 11:45 PM, said:

Thanks for the bump, _hi_ and welcome to THE RUSH FORUM.  I cried again when I clicked and saw the banner. Early morning. Thanks to whoever administers this forum. I don't think I ever saw mention of them before.

My fav'rite's still Open Secrets. I really dig Alex' intro and this hit me deeper than any previous lyric. It had a personal meaning to me at that very time and made me wonder about what it meant to Neil in that it seemed so revealing. I guess I shouldn't take for granted that he can also create and observe and not everything is a window into his soul. But I'm still curious, I hafta admit. Mission has grown on me a lot because of a guy covering Alex' guitar parts on the Yootoobs, which really hipped me to the brilliance of it. And Time Stand Still is bound to hit anyone where it counts - though not any cover version, every one of which saps the RUSH right out of it and leaves only the sap.
Thanks for the welcome. Did you also happen to hear that Rupert Hine died yesterday?

#427 Ged Lent's sis

Ged Lent's sis

The Seeker

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Interests:A 3rd best Rush experience: My 1st concert ever: Permanent Waves. See OTHER FAVE BANDS for poem about it.

Posted 06 June 2020 - 10:58 AM

_hi_water._, on 06 June 2020 - 10:51 AM, said:

Thanks for the welcome. Did you also happen to hear that Rupert Hine died yesterday?
I did just happen to hear it, actually. I rarely stop around here, and since I got a notification of your post, I also got curious about some other RUSH matter or another and clicked over to Geddy's Instagram and saw his mention of it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users