I Like Marco Minnemann

geddyforlife

Amazing drummer that should have gotten the gig with Dream Theater but he did not have "The Look"

Amazing drummer that should have gotten the gig with Dream Theater but he did not have "The Look"

I had no idea that he was considered. Yeah...he would have been great with DT. Oh well....the look isn't all that anyways.

The Look should have Nothing to do with it , sadly , it does. Thomas Lang is someone else that Should have gotten the DT gig , but agian, did not look the part

And now Marco is pretty much in Porcupine Tree instead...

This would be a very strange event to me indeed. As much as I like Marco, in my opinion, he doesn't have the finesse like Gavin does. Gavin plays with such intelligence and subtly that it would be a shame if PT records without Gavin in the future.

He's one of my favorite drummer. The new Steven Wilson album sounds great with him.

In a way I'm kind of glad that Marco didn't get the DT gig since I love what he's doing with Steven Wilson. And Mangini is a great fit for DT, so it all worked out fine for me. I'm not sure I buy into what metaldad was saying about Mangini getting the job because he looks the part. I think it may have been a personality thing - they could get along with Mangini more than Minneman.

And now Marco is pretty much in Porcupine Tree instead...

This would be a very strange event to me indeed. As much as I like Marco, in my opinion, he doesn't have the finesse like Gavin does. Gavin plays with such intelligence and subtly that it would be a shame if PT records without Gavin in the future.

If they do record again, I'm sure Gavin would play on it. I don't see why he wouldn't. He's pretty much the perfect drummer for PT.

He's one of my favorite drummer. The new Steven Wilson album sounds great with him.

In a way I'm kind of glad that Marco didn't get the DT gig since I love what he's doing with Steven Wilson. And Mangini is a great fit for DT, so it all worked out fine for me. I'm not sure I buy into what metaldad was saying about Mangini getting the job because he looks the part. I think it may have been a personality thing - they could get along with Mangini more than Minneman.

I say that because imo, Lang and Marco are Better all around drummers than Mangini , the problem is they look like they work at Starbucks and they don't look like "Rock Stars" lol . Mangini strikes me as a big Phoney with a Massive Ego . I have read some things his former students had to say about him when he was teaching, true or not ? No clue . The whole audition process was fixed , they knew who they were picking before it even started . I read that in a Derrick Roddy interview , he was there as well

I say that because imo, Lang and Marco are Better all around drummers than Mangini , the problem is they look like they work at Starbucks and they don't look like "Rock Stars" lol . Mangini strikes me as a big Phoney with a Massive Ego . I have read some things his former students had to say about him when he was teaching, true or not ? No clue . The whole audition process was fixed , they knew who they were picking before it even started . I read that in a Derrick Roddy interview , he was there as well

Rudess hardly looks the part, so that's why I didn't think it was about look. Mangini does have a bit of ego, but so did Portnoy so that's nothing new.

The audition thing being fixed wouldn't surprise me though.

The first thing I thought when they started looking for a replacement was that there was absolutely ZERO chance of them not picking an American, and that's why Minneman, Lang, Wildoer, Priester and Donati never stood a chance. Similarly, Maiden would never in a million years choose a non-British singer to replace Bruce. I'm not saying there's prejudice involved, it's just that x factor of familiarity that you can't replace....

First time I heard Marco I was impressed with his facility. Then again there are tons of technical surgeons on the drums these days. It's all about making music for me. Once I heard the new Steven Wilson albumi was sold. Great playing on that album. Some fills are a bit frantic but it SO works! It works for the music. The band jells just right. Great chemisty. I really wanted to see him live with the band in the states this spring. Hope they record a live DVD in Europe while he's on drums. That way we can see and hear his madness.

First time I heard Marco I was impressed with his facility. Then again there are tons of technical surgeons on the drums these days. It's all about making music for me. Once I heard the new Steven Wilson albumi was sold. Great playing on that album. Some fills are a bit frantic but it SO works! It works for the music. The band jells just right. Great chemisty. I really wanted to see him live with the band in the states this spring. Hope they record a live DVD in Europe while he's on drums. That way we can see and hear his madness.

I'd love to see a double DVD - one European show with Minneman and one NA or SA show with Wackerman. :haz:

Marco fuckking rules and should have been given the DT job.

As time ticks away on the earth the more I absolutely HATE WET DREAM THEATER.

I used to complain about Portnoy and the way the midget would spit like a camel on stage during a Dream Theater concert.

The grass is never greener is it?

I'm in love with Flying Colors. Mike's best album in decades.

Call me gay but I love pop in my prog.

Love,

IT BITES