Valentine's Day

gangsterfurious

Yes, I see the strikethrough. I suspect it is a gentle nudge from 73 (although I don't know that) as you are starting to approach SOCN territory.

There's no way that post was inappropriate for this thread. And 73 would make it clear if he modified anyone's post.

I heard on the news (CBC Radio, Canada) that for Valentine's Day, north Americans spend 300 million dollars JUST on chocolates. That doesn't include flowers, useless stuffed animals and stupid shit like that...

Imagine what we could do with that money... build a hospital somewhere, for starters.

Your text somehow has the strike through tags around the text. And there is no indication that anyone edited it. Wonder how that happened?

:huh:

I agree, but that was the only explanation that I could think of in the absence of TBR doing a select all and pressing the strikethrough button . Yes, 73 is much more explicit (from what I've seen) and the post really doesn't contain any invective. The hospital comment could lead somewhere but I've can't recall a post I've seen that was edited by an admin because of where it *might* lead.

More than likely, it was just an accidental keystroke combination by TBR.

Yeah, somehow he chose the stirkethrough button on his post.

If we mods/admin edit something becuase it's inappropriate we would say so in the post (and typicaly what, exactly, was inappropriate), you would also see and "edited by:" at the bottom of the edited post.

Sounds like everyone enjoyed their Valentine's Day. Mine was awesome as well.

Yes, I see the strikethrough. I suspect it is a gentle nudge from 73 (although I don't know that) as you are starting to approach SOCN territory.

There's no way that post was inappropriate for this thread. And 73 would make it clear if he modified anyone's post.

I heard on the news (CBC Radio, Canada) that for Valentine's Day, north Americans spend 300 million dollars JUST on chocolates. That doesn't include flowers, useless stuffed animals and stupid shit like that...

Imagine what we could do with that money... build a hospital somewhere, for starters.

Your text somehow has the strike through tags around the text. And there is no indication that anyone edited it. Wonder how that happened?

I agree, but that was the only explanation that I could think of in the absence of TBR doing a select all and pressing the strikethrough button . Yes, 73 is much more explicit (from what I've seen) and the post really doesn't contain any invective. The hospital comment could lead somewhere but I've can't recall a post I've seen that was edited by an admin because of where it *might* lead.

Yeah, somehow he chose the stirkethrough button on his post.

If we mods/admin edit something becuase it's inappropriate we would say so in the post (and typicaly what, exactly, was inappropriate), you would also see and "edited by:" at the bottom of the edited post.

Correct on all points.

I nor any of the other mods did the strikethrough thing on that post. Thunder Bay Rush somehow accidentally did it himself. These things happen!

I bought my husband $250 worth of comics/comic memorabilia.

I got nothing.

This was perfectly fine with me.

I saw that... he is damn lucky. I think he'll spoil you on the next celebratory day. ;)

Our anniversary is coming up next month so we didnt really do Valentines... he had to work anyway. So our anniversary he told me he's going to give me something really nice. I cant wait! :D

our wedding anniversary is next month(weird coincidence!) and I'm already buying things to give him.

I bought my husband $250 worth of comics/comic memorabilia.

I got nothing.

This was perfectly fine with me.

I saw that... he is damn lucky. I think he'll spoil you on the next celebratory day. ;)

Our anniversary is coming up next month so we didnt really do Valentines... he had to work anyway. So our anniversary he told me he's going to give me something really nice. I cant wait! :D

our wedding anniversary is next month(weird coincidence!) and I'm already buying things to give him.

Well he already told me what he wants so that was easy... women always plan ahead

I dunno what he's giving me but Im sure it will be very nice :)

Oh, there's no doubt I did something weird... I don't even know what half the buttons or keys do on this thing that I'm typing on... at least once a day I'll hit something and then... uh oh. What the hell did I just do? The screen goes all weird, or something gets locked, deleted or frozen... Jesus... sometimes I'll go to use the ? key and a very weird little E with an accent over it appears and I can't get rid of it. The only way I can, is by shutting down my computer.

I will never work for Apple or Micro Soft.

If your computer freezes often, maybe you shouldn't blame yourself for hitting the wrong key, it may be the computer itself. Viruses, outdated drivers, insufficient RAM, among other things, can all cause a computer to freeze up. Maybe this will help:

http://www.ehow.com/...has-frozen.html

It's worth a try.

Thanks for the tip, but trust me, it's not my computer. About once every three months or so I bring it to the Future Shop and hand it over to the kid with the funny ears and Coke bottle bottom glasses. He does the updates and whatever the hell they do for me... checks it all over too.

I'm just not a computer person. I actually can't believe that I'm even doing this right now...

Is a vacuum cleaner a cool Valentine gift? Or what about a workout DVD? Been married 11 years and looking for a new angle really brighten her day....

Are you sure you're trying to brighten her day, not get castrated?

Castrated? What if the vacuum cleaner was a Kirby? It's the Cadillac of vacuum cleaners...who can complain about that? She got me a grill two years ago for Father's Day...should I have opened a protesting mouth on that occasion?

We have a Kirby. That thing will suck the asshole right out of the cat.

Is a vacuum cleaner a cool Valentine gift? Or what about a workout DVD? Been married 11 years and looking for a new angle really brighten her day....

Are you sure you're trying to brighten her day, not get castrated?

Castrated? What if the vacuum cleaner was a Kirby? It's the Cadillac of vacuum cleaners...who can complain about that? She got me a grill two years ago for Father's Day...should I have opened a protesting mouth on that occasion?

We have a Kirby. That thing will suck the asshole right out of the cat.

:scared: :scared: :scared: Poor cat! :scared: :scared: :scared: